- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Business Strategies and Success Factors of Social Network Service and Enterprises: Focusing on Representative SNS of Korea, China, and USA
소셜 네트워크 서비스 기업의 비즈니스 전략과 성공요인 분석에 관한 연구 : 한국, 중국, 미국의 대표적인 SNS을 중심으로
- Lee, Cheol-Min (Dept. of Business Administration, YeungNam University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Su (Dept. of Business Administration, YeungNam University) ;
- Park, Kyung-Won (Dept. of Business Administration, YeungNam University) ;
- Ahn, Hyun-Sook (Dept. of Business Administration, YeungNam University)
- Received : 2014.05.09
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
In this paper, representative social network services(SNS) of Korea, China, and America such as Cyworld, Renren and Facebook were analyzed in regards to their business strategies and successful factors. From the analysis results, it was found that their common business strategies are strengthening a sense of belonging by providing differentiated customer services and by increasing customer satisfaction and this kind of strategies were naturally connected to the corporate marketing. So, Maintaining their own differentiated services, SNS companies should make a constant efforts to meet customers' needs on the base of success factors. Companies which will carry out marketing with SNS should also improve their images through communication with customers, utilizing services provided by SNS companies which match well with companies using SNS as a means of marketing. As various extensive researches are being conducted on SNS which enabled online networking, such findings will be usefully referred for similar researches and will provide theoretical basis and practical guidelines for future researches.
- Y. J, Lee, "The Effects of Social Media Engagement on Attitude toward Social Media Advertising and Advertising Avoidance", M.S. Dissertation, Sungkyungkwan University, 2012.
- Cyworld : http://www.nate.com.
- FaceBook : http://www.facebook.com.
- RenRen : http://www.renren.com.
- HankookEconomic, Glory of Cyworld, One More, http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2013082177021.
- H. I, Yoo, "An Empirical Study on User's Motive Influencing User's Usage Behavior of Social Networking Sites", M.S. Dissertation, YeungNam University, 2011.
- I, Joe, Guest Blogger: To Revolve or Not to Revolve?, The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, 2012.
- J. M, Yoon, "The Competition Relationship of SNS and Marketing Positioning, Seoul Women University", M.S. Dissertation, 2012.
- J. M, Yoon.J. S, Yim, "The Market Positioning Analysis of Social Network Services", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp.416-457, 2012.
- M, Trusov, R, Bucklin,.K, Pauwels, "Effects of Word-of-Mouth versus Traditional Marketing Finding From an Internet Social Networking Site", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 73, pp.90-102, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.73.5.90
- P, Kotler, Marketing Management, The Millenium Edition, New Delhi: Prentice-Hall of India Pvt Ltd, 2001.
- P. R, Geho.J, Dangelom, The Evolution of Social Media as a Marketing Tool For Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurial Executive, Retrieved from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/IP3-2749313811.html.
- S. H, Yang, "The Impact of Company's SNS Marketing Message Types for Consumer's Brand Concept According to Their Psychological Type : Around the Fan Pages of Facebook", M.S. Dissertation, Hong-Ik University, 2012.
- Socialbakers, Social Media Report, 2013. http://www.socialbakers.com/reports/regional/country/south-korea/.
- S. Y, Hong.J. C, Oh, "Comparative Analysis on Social Network Service Users Access : Based on Twitter, Facebook, KakaoStory", Korean Society For Internet Information, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp.9-16, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7472/jksii.2012.13.6.9
- T. C, Ahn.S. H, Kim, "A Case Study of SNS-based Corporate PR Campaign: Hyundai Motor Group's 'Gift-Car' Campaign", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp.273-290, 2011.
- W. W, Hwang, "A Study on SNS Marketing Strategy", M.S. Dissertation, Joongbu University, 2013.
- B. M, Seo, "An Exploratory Study on the Characteristics of Online Social Network and the Purpose of Customers' Use : A Comparison of Cyworld, Facebook, and Twitter", Journal of Information Technology Applications & Management, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp.109-125, 2013.
- E. S, Lee.M. K, Kim, "A Study on Companies' Fan Pages on Facebook as a Marketing Communication Channel", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.31-55, 2012.
- GRAPPE : a system for determining optimal connecting route to target person based on mutual intimacy index vol.18, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-015-0458-4