- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study on domestic small-medium sized company's case of assimilation with global value chain
국내 중소기업의 글로벌 가치사슬 편입사례 및 지원과제에 관한 연구
- Lee, Joon-Ho (Korea Small Business Institute) ;
- Choi, Jeong-Il (Dept. of Business, Sung Kyul University) ;
- Lee, Ok-Dong (Dept. of Business, Sung Kyul University)
- Received : 2014.05.05
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
The proliferation of GVC(Global Value Chain) requires the changes of paradigm on national industrial strategy and trade. It also provides multiple implications on business strategy. The business itself is the main agent which recognizes environmental change and establishes counterstrategy. This study is based on the necessity of support for small-medium sized companies in governmental level, since they are personally and materially vulnerable. This study is emphasize on deriving matching tasks of supporting globalization of companies at governmental level. The spread of GVC requires policy makers' comprehensive view and inspires us that we should focus and provide strategic supports on not only manufacturing business but also high valued service industry as well. The government should provide supporting policies for expansion of globalization of companies. The proliferation of GVC means to enter into the chain which creates high values. This is exactly the same as the paradigm of creative economy which our government pursues constantly.
- OECD, "Korea, OECD/WTO TRADE IN VALUE-ADDED INDICATORS", OECD, 2011, 2013.
- OECD, "Enhancing the Role of Small & Medium-sized Enterprises(SMEs) in Global Value Chains", OECD Global Conference. 2007.
- Romero I. and P. Tejada, "A multi-level approach to the study of production chains in the tourism sector", Tourism Management 32, 2011.
- J. H, Han.J. W, Lee.K. C, Kim, "Cooperative Development Model of Korea's Big.Small-Sized", Final Report, The Korean Association of Small Business Studies, 2006, pp.1-166.
- J. T, Bae.J. W, Chung, "Relationships Between Technological Cooperation Activities and Performance of Small and Medium-sized Companies in Korea", Small Business Studies, Vol. 19, No. 2, KASBS, 1997, pp.273-296.
- K. C, Kim and 9, "A Theoretical Framework for Collaborative Partnerships between Large and Small to Medium Size Companies", Small Business Studies, Vol. 28, No. 3, KASBS, 2006, pp.381-410.
- N. G. Choi, "Economic Effect of Trade on Employment and Value Added", KUKJE KYUNGJE YONGU, Vol. 19, No. 1, KIEA, 2013, pp.105-133. https://doi.org/10.17298/kky.2013.19.1.005
- W. J, Park.K. H, Park, "An Empirical Study on the Influence of Collaborative Performance of Large Corporations and AMEs Value Chain Competence in SMEs", Journal od Society of Korea Industrial and systems engineering, Vol. 35, No. 3, KSIE, 2012, pp.16-23. https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2012.35.4.16
- Birch K, "Weakness as Strength in the Scottish life sciences : the institutional grounding of knowledge-based commodity chains in a less-favored region" Growth and Change, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2011.
- Christian M. and G. Gereffi, "The Marketing and Distribution of Fast Food", Contemporary Endocrinology, Springer, 2010.
- De Backer and Yamano, "International Comparative Evidence on Global Value Chains", OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers, 2012.
- Dedrick, Kraemer and Linden, "Who Profits from innovation in global value chains? : a study of the iPod and notebook PCs", Personal Computing Industry Center, UC Irvine, 2009a.
- Dedrick, Kraemer and Linden, "Who captures value in a global Innovation Network? The case of Apple 's iPod", Personal Computing Industry Center, UC Irvine, 2009b.
- Gereffi, G., J. Humphrey and T. Sturgeon, "The governance of global value chains", Review of International Political Economy, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2005, pp.78-104. https://doi.org/10.1080/09692290500049805
- Humphrey, J. & Schmitz, H., "Governance and upgrading : Liking industrial cluster and global value chain research", IDS Working paper, No. 120, 2000, pp.1-40.
- Koopman R., W. Powers, Z. Wang and S J Wei, "Give credit where credit is due : Tracing value added in global production chains", NBER WP 16426, 2010.
- B. H. Lee, "Study on the Interaction Effects of Firm's Capabilities and Its International Marketing Alliance's Capability for SME's Export Performance", Small Business Studies, Vol. 30, No. 4, KASBS, 2008, pp.71-85.
- J. H, Lee.C. S, Song.C. W, Lee, "Inserting Korean SME's into Global Value Chain", Basic Studies 13-11, Korea Small Business Institute, 2013, pp.1-118.