- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Transformational Leadership, Trust on Creative Behavior
변혁적 리더십과 신뢰가 창의적 행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Ahn, Pil-Yong (Dept. of Venture Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2014.05.02
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
This study investigated creative behavior, one of organizational effectiveness, needed to survive in the rapidly changing circumstances. So, transformational leadership was setting as independent variables consist of ideal influence, intellectual stimulus and individual consideration, and affect-based trust and cognition-based trust was setting as mediating variables. For this study, 211 of the respondent, who are attending various companies, answered this questionnaire. This study shows that ideal influence, intellectual consideration and individual consideration of transformational leadership have positive(+) direct impact to creative behavior, and in affect-based trust, transformational leadership has impact on the creative behavior, as fully positive(+) mediating effects. In cognition-based trust, trust has impact partly as mediating effects. Namely, transformational leadership is based on affect-based trust will be heightened after all creative behavior. Impact of control variables is more larger in man, under 30 age, public workers.
- Ki Heung Kim, Study of the influence of empowering leadership on follower's creativity, Doctoral Dissertation, Dongguk University, 2013.
- Bass, B. M., and Avolio, B. J., Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ) form 6S. Redwood City, CA: Mined Garden, 1992.
- McAllister, D. J., Affect-and cognition-based trust as foundations for interpersonal cooperation in organizations. Academy of management journal, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 24-59, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256727
- Zhou, J., & George, J. M., When job dissatisfaction leads to creativity: Encouraging the expression of voice. Academy of Management journal, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 682-696, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069410
- Bass, B. M., Leadership and performance beyond expectations, New York: Free Press, 1985.
- Woodman, R. W., Sawyer, J. E., & Griffin, R. W., Toward a theory of organizational creativity, Academy of management review, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 293-321, 1993.
- T. W. Son, Organizational Behavior and Creativity, Bobmunsa, pp. 12-17, 2004.
- Cummings, A., & Oldham, G. R., Enhancing creativity: managing work contexts for the high potential employee, California Management Review, Vol. 40, No. 1, 1997.
- Mayer, R. C., Davis, J. H., & Schoorman, F. D., An integrative model of organizational trust, Academy of management review, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 709-734, 1995.
- Lewis, J. D., & Weigert, A., Trust as a social reality, Social Forces, Vol. 63, pp. 967-985, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1093/sf/63.4.967
- Avolio, B. J., & Bass, B. M., Individual consideration viewed at multiple levels of analysis: A multi-level framework for examining the diffusion of transformational leadership, The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 199-218, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90035-7
- Youn Sook Kim, The effects of the transformational leadership of civil society organization on organizational effectiveness, Doctoral Dissertation, Hanyang University, 2014.
- Jung-Wan Kim & Chung-Nam Kim, Effects of transformational sport leadership on athletic's turst, identification with leader and sports behaviors, Korean Journal of Sports Psychology, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 43-64, 2002.
- Gumusluoglu, L., & Ilsev, A., Transformational leadership, creativity, and organizational innovation, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 62, No. 4, pp. 461-473, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.07.032
- Jae Sung Park, Creativity, Innovation and Leadership : Impact on Business Performance in Firms, Doctoral Dissertation, Korea University, 2010.
- Sung-Eun Kim, The Study on the Relationships between Leader's Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Justice, Trust and Organizational Effectiveness : Focused on Examining Affect- and Cognition-based Trust, Doctoral Dissertation, Korea University, 2009.
- Sun-Kyu Lee, Jin-han Park, Beyong-Ju Jun & Won-Tae Chang, Technology Capabilities, Collaboration Performance and Satisfaction : Moderating Effect of Trust, The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 175-191, 2011.
- K. H. Min, Leadership Theory and Development, Muyokpub, 2010.