- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Physical Environments on Tourist's Emotional Response & Behavioral Intention in Tourist Destination
관광목적지의 물리적 환경이 감정적 반응과 행동의도에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Gyu-Young (Dept. of Hotel Management, KyungNam Collage of Information & Technology) ;
- Lee, Jung-Eun (Rural Environment & Resource Division, Rural Development Administration)
- Received : 2014.05.01
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
This study examines the influence of the physical environment on tourist's emotional response and behavioral intention in the tourist destination. The research was mainly performed in leading tourist destinations of Busan Metropolitan City (Haeundae, Gwanganri & Songjeong area) by the sampling survey method in April-May 2013. The results demonstrate as follows. Firstly, the tourist's convenience and amenity in physical environments have significant impacts on the negative feeling of emotional response, but attractiveness did not influence in negative feeling. By contrast, the attractiveness and amenity the a of physical environments give significant impacts on the positive feeling of emotional response but convenience did not work in positive response. Secondly, both positive and negative feeling of emotional responses give meaningful impacts on Tourist's behavior intention. According to the meaningful relationship between physical environment and emotional response, the regional characteristics and effective marketing management of tourism resource and preparedness should be considered in setting up tourist facilities.
- Ho-Keun, Yeo & Gyu-Young, Kim. Relation of Emotion Response and Revisit Intention of Use in Convention Center. Korean Academic Society Of Hospitality Administration. Spring Proceeding, pp. 428-446. 2007
- Ho-Keun, Yeo. The Effect of MICE Participants' Fun Factors on Participant Satisfaction and Emotional Responses. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol 24 No 2, pp. 137-155. 2012.
- Dawson, S. P., Bloch, H., & Ridgway, N. M. . Shopping Motives, Emotional States, and Retail Outcomes. Journal of Retailing, 66(Winter), pp. 408-427, 1990.
- Jung-Hee, Kim & Kyung-Ja, Lee. The Effect of Emotional Responses toward Physical Environment on Switching Barriers and Loyalty. Korean Journal of The Science of Emotion & Sensibility, Vol 15 No 2 pp. 209-222. 2012.
- Westbrook, R. A. Interpersonal Affective Influences on Customer Satisfaction with Product. Journal of Consumer Research, 7(June), pp. 49-54, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1086/208792
- Jung-Eun, Lee. The Relationship among communication of destination, brand asserts, relationship quality and behavior intention. Dong-Eui Univ. Ph.D., 2011
- Ji-He, Kim, Hye-Sun, Kim, Seol-Min, Yoon. Relationship among Perceived Value, Satisfaction, Trust, and Behavioral Intention of the Low-Cost Carriers - Focused on the Role of Emotional and Monetary Value-. Journal of Tourism Research, Vol 27 No 4, pp. 161-179. 2011.
- Myung-Suk, Lee The Impact on Customer Satisfaction in Cabin Service Quality of Domestic Low-Cost Airlines. Journal of Tourism Research, Vol 26 No 5 pp.393-413. 2011.
- Yong-Ho, Roh & Kyoung-Nam, Kim. The study on the Impact of which the Evaluation of Perceived Service Quality Affected Behavior Intention and Satisfaction in Trade Show. Journal of Tourism Management Research, Vol 8, No 2, pp. 107-115. 2004.
- Jung-Eun, Lee. The Effect of the Local Festival on the Tourism Destination Image and the Relationship with Emotional Reaction. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol 25, No 6, pp. 295-313, 2011.
- Baker, Dwayne A. and Crompton, John L. Quality, satisfaction and behavioral intentions. Annals of Travel Research, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 785-804, 2000.
- Sung-Hyuk, Kim, Seung-Man, Choi & Sang-Mi, Kwon. The Effect of Customer Perception of the Physical Environments of Hotel Restaurants on Emotional Reaction, Customer Satisfaction, Repurchase Intention and Recommendation Intention . Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No 4), pp. 81-99, 2009
- Ryeo-Jung, Lee, Jae-Hyung, Jo & Bong-Young, Kim. The Effects of Perceived Risk and Physical Environments of Theme Parks on Customer Satisfaction. Journal of Tourism Research, Vol 28, No 2, pp. 183-200, 2013.
- Young-Seok, Park, Ki-Sang, Ryu & Tae-Hee, Kim. A Study on Influence of Preference for Restaurant Interior Desin Style on Customer's Internal Response and Behavior. Korea Academic Society of Hotel Administration, Vol 15, No 2, pp. 241-263, 2006.
- Eun-Soo, Lee & Ji-Eun, Oh. Evaluation Servicescape of Convention Center by Attendees: Focused on the Attendees of Scientific Conference held at KINTEX. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research ,Vol 18, No 4 pp. 191-208, 2006.
- Myung-Sun, Suh. Affecting Relations to Customer Satisfactions from the Servicescape, Relevant Behavioral Factors from Relationship Quality. The Korea Service Management Society, Vol 13, No1 pp. 283-313, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2012.13.1.012
- Kyoung-Do, Seo & Jung-Eun, Lee. The Influence of Servicescape, Relation benefit, Relationship Quality, Consumer behavioral. Journal of Tourism Research, Vol 28, No 4. pp. 373-393, 2013.
- Ashill, N. J., J. Carruthers & J. Krisjanous. Antecedents and outcomes of service recovery performance in a public health-care environment. Journal of Service Marketing, Vol 19, No 5, pp. 293-308, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040510609916
- Pan-Young, Kim & Yang-Ki, Min. Effect of Perceived Management Commitment to Service Quality through Workers" Affective Response on Employees" Service Performance Outcome in Travel Agent. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol 23 No.2, pp. 133-152, 2011.
- Sun-Hwa, Kim. The Influence of perceived service environments on customers' internal responses and behaviors at apparel shops in department stores. Chungnam National Univ. Ph.D, 2002
- Cheol-Hyun, Jeong & So-Ha, Hwang. The Effects of Culture and Arts perfume. Culture Policy Institute Summer Proceeding pp. 159-181, 2007.
- Suk-Sun Jung. The Relationship among Experience(4Es) on Exhibition and Leisure Satisfaction: Case of Trick Art exhibition visitor to married woman. Event & Convention Research, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 75-90, 2013.
- Biner, M. J. Evaluating Service Encounters: The Effect of Physical Surrounding and Employee Responses. Journal of marketing, 54(April), pp. 69-82, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251871
- Biner, M. J. Servicescapes: The Impact of Physical Surrounding on consumers and Employee. Journal of marketing, 56(April), pp. 57-71, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- You-Jae, Yi & Woo-Chul, Kim. The Influence of Physical Environment on Service Quality Perception : A comparative Study. Korean Marketing Review, Vol. 13, No 1, pp. 61-86. 1998.
- Joo-Ho, Kim & Li Sha, Huo. Assessing Customer Emotional Reactions Toward The Physical Environment of Multiplex Cinemas. Journal of Marketing Management Research, Vol. 16, No 1, pp. 1-26. 2011.
- Chang-Jo, Yoo & Sang-Hee, Kim. Exploratory Study on shopping spree through Ethnographic approach: expanded concept, a variety of emotions, motivation Diversity. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol 5, No 2 pp. 45-62, 1994
- Chang-Jo, Yoo. A study on Aspects of the experience of shopping spree shopping stores feel the mood and emotional impact on attitudes and purchase intent. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol 7, No 1 pp. 51-73. 1996.
- Park, Y. C. & MacInnis, D. J. The effect of Store Characteristics and in-store Emotional on-store Attitudes. Journal of Business Research, Vol. 16, pp. 124-135. 1996.