- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
PSECF (Policy Streams & Expert Group Standing Change Framework) for Wartime Operational Control Transition
전시작전통제권 전환에 관한 정책흐름 및 전문가집단 위상변동모형 사례분석
- Received : 2014.05.19
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
This study applies Policy Streams and Expert Group Standing Change Framework (PSECF) proposed by SangJung Park and Chan KOH to analyze the Roh's Participatory government's decision making process on the wartime Operational Control (OPCON) transition. PSECF case study's results are as follows: Strong commitments of the former president Roh Moohyun and the progressive National Security Committee (NSC) were primary drivers in the policy developing process. But military expert groups such as the Ministry of National Defense (MND) and the Joint Chiefs of Staffs (JCS) were thoroughly excluded due to their passive role against the wartime OPCON transition. After the policy resolution, the standing of expert groups changed: the standing of advocate effects, the former progressive NSC who led the wartime OPCON transition in the Roh's Participatory government, went down but the conservatives such as ROK MND and JCS improve their standing because the conservative government kicks off 8 months later from the policy decision. In conclusion, the proposed PSECF through the Roh's Participatory government's case-study is worthy as an explanatory framework for high level national policies.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- 44th ROK and U.S. SCM Communique, 2012
- 45th ROK and U.S. SCM Communique, 2013.
- Gwangsik Kim, ROK Citizen's public perception survey on the wartime OPCON transition, Symposium of "Should we do the wartime OPCON transition with the original plan, pp. 18-26, 2010.
- SangJung Park, Chan Koh, Analysis of Decision Making Factors by Delphi and DEMATEL Model for Decision Support Information System Development - Wartime Operational Control Transition Approach, Digital Policy Study, Vol 10 Number 11, pp. 47-58, 2012.
- SangJung Park, "Effective Governance on Strategic Alliance 2015", Joint Chiefs of Staffs Journal, Republic of Korea Joint Chiefs of Staffs, 47th Edition, pp. 35-40. 2011.
- SangJung Park, A Study On Political Decision Of Wartime Operational Control Transition: Focused On Policy Stream Model, Ph. D Theses, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, 2013.
- Kingdon, John W., Agendas, Alternatives, and Public Politics, 2nd Edition, Boston: Little, Brown, and Company, 1995.
- Birkland. "An Introduction to the Policy Process", 2nd Edition, p. 226. 2005
- Hoon Yoo, "Policy Principle", Byeobmoon Company, p. 534, 2002.
- Mucciaroni, Reversals of Fortune: Public Policy and Private Interests, Washington D.C.: Brookings Institution, 1995.
- SangJung Park, Chan Koh, "A Proposal of Expert Group Standing Change Framework by Policy Change - Wartime Operational Control Approach", Korea Digital Policy Association Fall Session, pp. 287-293. 2012
- Hyunwoo Lee, A Study On the Autonomy of Small States in Security Alliances: With Focus on the Asymmetrical Alliance between the U.S. and South Korea, Ph. D Theses, Myung Ji University, 2007.
- 2012 Defense White Paper, Republic of Korea Ministry of Korea, 2013.
- SangJung Park, Chan Koh, Analysis of Key Factors in Wartime Operational Control Transition Resolution using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Digital Policy Study, Volume 9 Number 6, pp. 153-163, 2011.