- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Knowledge Production Status of Iranian Researchers in the Gastric Cancer Area: Based on the Medline Database
- Ghojazadeh, Morteza (Liver and Gastrointestinal Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Naghavi-Behzad, Mohammad (Students' Research Committee, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Nasrolah-Zadeh, Raheleh (Students' Research Committee, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Bayat-Khajeh, Parvaneh (Students' Research Committee, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Piri, Reza (Students' Research Committee, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Mirnia, Keyvan (Department of Neonatology, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Azami-Aghdash, Saber (Health Management and Economics Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2014.06.30
Background: Scientometrics is a useful method for management of financial and human resources and has been applied many times in medical sciences during recent years. The aim of this study was to investigate the status of science production by Iranian scientists in the gastric cancer field based on the Medline database. Materials and Methods: In this descriptive-cross sectional study Iranian science production concerning gastric cancer during 2000-2011 was investigated based on Medline. After two stages of searching, 121 articles were found, then we reviewed publication date, authors names, journal title, impact factor (IF), and cooperation coefficient between researchers. SPSS.19 was used for statistical analysis. Results: There was a significant increase in published articles about gastric cancer by Iranian researchers in Medline database during 2006-2011. Mean cooperation coefficient between researchers was
- Rostamizadeh L, Fakhrjou A, Montazeri V, et al (2013). Bcl-2 gene expression in human breast cancers in Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4209-14. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4209
- Sadjadi A, Malekzadeh R, Derakhshan M, et al (2003). Cancer occurrence in Ardabil: results of a population-based cancer registry from Iran. Int J Cancer, 107, 113-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.11359
- Schulz K, Chalmers I, Grimes DA, et al (1994). Assessing the quality of randomization from reports of controlled trials published in obstetrics and gynecology journals, JAMA, 272, 125-8. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1994.03520020051014
- Shargh A, Mohammadhassanzadeh H, Johari K, et al (2011). The study of the presence of Iranian neuroscience in ISI database based on scientometric factors. J Health Admin, 14, 1-10.
- Sharifi V (2004). Scientometrics and congnitive sciences. Advances in Cognitive Science, 5, 89-91.
- Sharifi V, Rahimi Movaghar A, Mohammadi M, et al (2004). Iranians' three decades of research in mental health: a scientometric study. Advances Cognitive Science, 5, 1-16.
- Tajima K, Hirose K, Inoue M, et al (2000). A model of practical cancer prevention for out-patients visiting a hospital: the Hospital-based Epidemiologic Research Program at Aichi Cancer Center (HERPACC). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 1, 35-47.
- Moher D, Sampson M, Campbell K, et al (2002). Assessing the quality of reports of randomized trials in pediatric complementary and alternative medicine. BMC Pediatrics, 2, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2431-2-1
- Malekzadeh R, Mokri A ,Azarmina P (2001). Medical science and research in Iran. Arch Iranian Medicine, 4, 27-39.
- Mardani AH, Mardani A, Sharif Moghadam H (2011). A survey of knowledge production of iranian researchers on AIDS:Evidence from the web of science database. J Health Admin, 14, 1-7.
- Mohammadzadeh M, Pourzand A, Eftekhar-Sadat AT, et al (2013). A case of concurrent several forms of thyroid cancer. Niger Med J, 54, 351-3. https://doi.org/10.4103/0300-1652.122372
- Moher D, Jones A (2001). Lepage CONSORT Group (Consolidated Standards for Reporting of Trials). Use of the CONSORT statement and quality of reports of randomized trials: a comparative before-andafter evaluation. J Am Med Assoc, 285, 1992-5. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.285.15.1992
- Murray C, Lopez A (1997). Global mortality,disability, and the contribution of risk factors:Global Burden of Disease Study. Lancet, 349, 1436-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(96)07495-8
- Osareh F, Marefat R (2006). Cooperation of iranian researchers in medline database. Rahyaft, 35, 40-4 (in Persian).
- Parkin D (1998). Epidemiology of cancer: global patterns and trends. Toxicol Lett, 227, 102-3.
- Raja S, Ramkumar P ,Viji P (2011). Scientometric dimension on gender in worldwide thyroid cancer: A study based on web of science database. Indian J Science Technol, 4, 425-8.
- Redmond C ,Colton T (2001). Biostatistics in Clinical Trials. New York, John Wiley.
- Ghojazadeh M, Mohammadi M, Azami-Aghdash S, et al (2013). Estimation of cancer cases using capture-recapture method in Northwest Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3237-41. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.5.3237
- Fakhrjou A, Dastranj-Tabrizi A, Ghojazadeh M, et al (2013). Diagnostic value of protein Ki67 (MIB-1) in atypical Pap smears of postmenopausal women. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4815-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4815
- Foroughi F ,Kharazi H (2006). Study of scientific information production of kermanshah medical university's faculties. Iranian J Med Educ, 5, 181-7.
- Ghojazadeh M, Azar ZF, Saleh P, et al (2012). Knowledge and attitude of Iranian university students toward human papilloma virus. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 6115-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.12.6115
- Ghojazadeh M, Naghavi-Behzad M, Fardi Azar Z, et al (2012). Parental knowledge and attitudes about human papilloma virus in Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 6169-73. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.12.6169
- Hamajima N, Matsuo K, Saito T, et al (2001). Gene-environment interactions and polymorphism studies of cancer risk in the hospital-based epidemiologic research program at aichi cancer center II (HERPACC-II). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2, 99-107.
- Hayati Z ,Didegah F (2010). International scientific collaboration among Iranian researchers during 1998- 2007. Library Hi Tech, 28, 433-46. https://doi.org/10.1108/07378831011076675
- He J, Du L, Liu G, et al (2011). Quality assessment of reporting of randomization, allocation concealment, and blinding in traditional chinese medicine RCTs: A review of 3159 RCTs identified from 260 systematic reviews. Trials, 12, 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/1745-6215-12-1
- Karami H, Baradaran B, Esfahani A, et al (2013). siRNAmediated silencing of survivin inhibits proliferation and enhances etoposide chemosensitivity in acute myeloid leukemia cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 7719-24. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.12.7719
- Alijani R, Karami N (2010). A review of scientific publications by iranian researchers on stem cells in the ISI database. Yakhteh Medical Journal, 11, 456-8.
- Altman D, Schulz K, Moher D (2003). The consort statement: revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel group randomised trial. Clin Oral Investig, 7, 2-7.
- Amirnia M, Babaie-Ghazani A, Fakhrjou A, et al (2012). Immunohistochemical study of cyclooxygenase-2 in skin tumors. J Dermatolog Treat, 25, 380-7.
- Basu A, Roe P, Lewison G, (2012). The Indian Diaspora in Cancer Research: A Bibliometric Assessment for Canada and the USA. 110-20.
- Biglu MH (2008). Scientometric study of patent literature in medicine. Fourth International Conference on Webometrics, Informetrics and Scientometrics & Ninth COLLNET Meeting. Humboldt-Universit.t zu Berlin, Institute for Library and Information Science (IBI).
- Dursun P, Gultekin M, Ayhan A (2011). World gynecologic oncology publications and the Turkish contribution to the literature between 2000 and 2007. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 861-4.
- Ebrahimi S, Jowkar A (2010). The situation of scientific publications of iran's universities of medical science on the basis of scientometrics qualitative and quantitative indicators 1997-2006. Health Information Management, 7, 270-82.
- Epidemiology of Oral Cancer in Iran: a Systematic Review vol.16, pp.13, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.13.5427
- Ki-67/MIB-1 as a Prognostic Marker in Cervical Cancer - a Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis vol.16, pp.16, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.16.6997
- Bibliometric analysis of Egyptian publications on Hepatitis C virus from PubMed using data mining of an in-house developed database (HCVDBegy) vol.108, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-016-2007-1
- An infodemiology study on breast cancer in Iran vol.36, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1108/EL-03-2017-0062