- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Influence of Ribosomal Protein L39-L in the Drug Resistance Mechanisms of Lacrimal Gland Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Cells
- Ye, Qing (Department of Ophthalmology, Jining First People's Hospital) ;
- Ding, Shao-Feng (Department of Endocrinology, Jining First People's Hospital) ;
- Wang, Zhi-An (Department of Ophthalmology, Jining First People's Hospital) ;
- Feng, Jie (Department of Endocrinology, Jining First People's Hospital) ;
- Tan, Wen-Bin (Department of Basical Medicine, Jining Medical University)
- Published : 2014.06.30
Background: Cancer constitutes a key pressure on public health regardless of the economy state in different countries. As a kind of highly malignant epithelial tumor, lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma can occur in any part of the body, such as salivary gland, submandibular gland, trachea, lung, breast, skin and lacrimal gland. Chemotherapy is one of the key treatment techniques, but drug resistance, especially MDR, seriously blunts its effects. As an element of the 60S large ribosomal subunit, the ribosomal protein L39-L gene appears to be documented specifically in the human testis and many human cancer samples of different origins. Materials and Methods: Total RNA of cultured drug-resistant and susceptible lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cells was seperated, and real time quantitative RT-PCR were used to reveal transcription differences between amycin resistant and susceptible strains of lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cells. Viability assays were used to present the amycin resistance difference in a RPL39-L transfected lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cell line as compared to control vector and null-transfected lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cell lines. Results: The ribosomal protein L39-L transcription level was 6.5-fold higher in the drug-resistant human lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cell line than in the susceptible cell line by quantitative RT-PCR analysis. The ribosomal protein L39-L transfected cells revealed enhanced drug resistance compared to plasmid vector-transfected or null-transfected cells as determined by methyl tritiated thymidine (3H-TdR) incorporation. Conclusions: The ribosomal protein L39-L gene could possibly have influence on the drug resistance mechanism of lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma cells.
- Tadbir AA, Pardis S, Ashkavandi ZJ, et al (2012). Expression of Ki67 and CD105 as proliferation and angiogenesis markers in salivary gland tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5155-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.10.5155
- Saijo N (2012). Present status and problems on molecular targeted therapy of cancer. Cancer Res Treat, 44, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2012.44.1.1
- Shen C, Xu T, Huang C, et al (2012). Treatment outcomes and prognostic features in adenoid cystic carcinoma originated from the head and neck. Oral Oncol, 48, 445-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2011.12.002
- Sugihara Y, Honda H, Iida T, et al (2010). Proteomic analysis of rodent ribosomes revealed heterogeneity including ribosomal proteins L10-like, L22-like 1, and L39-like. J Proteome Res, 9, 1351-66. https://doi.org/10.1021/pr9008964
- Takebayashi K, Mekata E, Sonoda H, et al (2013). Differences in chemosensitivity between primary and metastatic tumors in colorectal cancer. PloS One, 8, 73215. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0073215
- Tan W, Sun L, Zhang D, et al (2007). Cloning and overexpression of ribosomal protein L39 gene from deltamethrin-resistant Culex pipiens pallens. Exp Parasitology, 115, 369-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.exppara.2006.09.020
- Tay Z, Koo SH, Nguyen TT, et al (2014). P-glycoprotein and vacuolar ATPase synergistically confer anthracycline resistance to fission yeast and human cells. Curr Med Chem, 21, 251-60.
- Wang L, Wang Y, Bian H, et al (2013). Molecular characteristics of homologous salivary adenoid cystic carcinoma cell lines with different lung metastasis ability. Oncol Rep, 30, 207-12. https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2013.2460
- Zhao X, Li H, Bao T (2013). Analysis on the interaction between post-spliced introns and corresponding protein coding sequences in ribosomal protein genes. J Theor Biol, 328, 33-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtbi.2013.03.002
- Lippert Th, Ruoff Hj, Volm M (2014). Could a revision of the current guidelines for cancer drug use improve the quality of cancer treatment? Ther Clin Risk Manag, 10, 69-72.
- Koshkin V, Krylov Sn (2012). Correlation between multi-drug resistance-associated membrane transport in clonal cancer cells and the cell cycle phase. PloS One, 7, 41368. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0041368
- Ashkavandi ZJ, Najvani AD, Tadbir AA (2013). MCM3 as a novel diagnostic marker in benign and malignant salivary gland tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3479-82. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.6.3479
- Bradley EA, Bradley DJ (2013). Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lacrimal gland: rare ... lethal ... cured? Ophthalmology, 120, 1311-2. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ophtha.2013.05.006
- Maeda O, Ando T, Ohmiya N, et al (2014). Alteration of gene expression and DNA methylation in drug-resistant gastric cancer. Oncol Rep, 10, 3014.
- Martinez-Rodriguez N, Leco-Berrocal I, Rubio-Alonso L, et al (2011). Epidemiology and treatment of adenoid cystic carcinoma of the minor salivary glands: a meta-analytic study. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal, 16, 884-9.
- Mccormack Va, Schuz J (2012). Africa's growing cancer burden: environmental and occupational contributions. Cancer Epidemiol, 36, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2011.09.005
- Nadano D, Notsu T, Matsuda T, et al (2002). A human gene encoding a protein homologous to ribosomal protein L39 is normally expressed in the testis and derepressed in multiple cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1577, 430-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4781(02)00445-1
- Petrov A, Meskauskas A, Dinman Jd (2004). Ribosomal protein L3: influence on ribosome structure and function. RNA Biol, 1, 59-65.
- Rocas D, Asvesti C, Tsega A, et al (2013). Primary adenoid cystic carcinoma of the skin metastatic to the lymph nodes: immunohistochemical study of a new case and literature review. Am J Dermatopath, 36, 223-8.
- Hong L, Han Y, Zhang H, et al (2014). Drug resistance-related mirnas in hepatocellular cancer. Expert Rev Gastroent, 8, 283-8. https://doi.org/10.1586/17474124.2014.881713
- Chang Cy, Cheng Sl, Chang Sc (2011). Adenoid cystic carcinoma of trachea treated with tumor curettage and adjuvant intensity modulated radiation therapy. Southern Med J, 104, 68-70. https://doi.org/10.1097/SMJ.0b013e3181fcd4d1
- Cree IA (2013). Designing personalised cancer treatments. J Control Release, 172, 405-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jconrel.2013.07.007
- Fishman MN (2013). Targeted therapy of kidney cancer: keeping the art around the algorithms. Cancer Control, 20, 222-32. https://doi.org/10.1177/107327481302000310
- Iqbal H, Bhatti Ab, Hussain R, Jamshed A (2014). Ten year experience with surgery and radiation in the management of malignant major salivary gland tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 195-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.5.2195
- Jaafari Z, Ashraf Mj, Moshaverinia M (2013). Salivary gland tumors: a clinicopathologic study of 366 cases in southern Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 27-30. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.27
- Jensen Ad, Nikoghosyan A, Hinke A, et al (2011). Combined treatment of adenoid cystic carcinoma with cetuximab and IMRT plus C12 heavy ion boost: ACCEPT [ACC, Erbitux(R) and particle therapy]. BMC Cancer, 11, 70. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-11-70
- Kaur P, Khurana A, Chauhan Ak, et al (2013). Adenoid cystic carcinoma of cervix: treatment strategy. J Clin Diag Res, 7, 2596-7.
- Kim M, Lee Dw, Im J, et al (2014). Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast: a case series of six patients and literature review. Cancer Res Treat, 46, 93-7. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2014.46.1.93
- Kondo S, Mukudai Y, Soga D, et al (2014). Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in high- and low-metastasis cell lines of salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma. Anticancer Res, 34, 671-7.
- Bray F, Jemal A, Grey N, et al (2012). Global cancer transitions according to the human development index (2008-2030): a population-based study. Lancet Oncol, 13, 790-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(12)70211-5
- Canadas I, Rojo F, Taus A, et al (2014). Targeting epithelialto-mesenchymal transition with met inhibitors reverts chemoresistance in small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res, 20, 938-50. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-13-1330
- Hurdles in selection process of nanodelivery systems for multidrug-resistant cancer vol.142, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00432-016-2167-7
- Current treatment of lacrimal gland carcinoma vol.27, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1097/ICU.0000000000000301
- Identification of KIAA1210 as a novel X-chromosome-linked protein that localizes to the acrosome and associates with the ectoplasmic specialization in testes vol.96, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod.116.145458