- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Properties of Sawdust-Rice Husk Mixed Ceramic According to The Rice Husk Mixing Ratios
왕겨의 혼합비율에 따른 톱밥⋅왕겨 혼합세라믹의 성질
- Oh, Seung Won (College of Agriculture and Life Science, Institute of Agriculture Science & Technology Chonbuk National University)
- 오승원 (전북대학교 농업생명과학대학 농업과학기술연구소)
- Received : 2014.03.27
- Accepted : 2014.04.14
- Published : 2014.07.25
The physical and mechanical properties of sawdust-rice husk mixed ceramic were investigated with rice husk mixing ratios. The mixed ceramic board was produced with carbonization and resin impregnated sawdust-rice husk board at high temperature. At the same percentage of resin impregnation condition, density and bending strength of the mixed ceramic board increased with increasing the mixing rates of rice husk, whereas weight loss of the ceramic boards decreased. At the same temperature condition for the carbonization of resin impregnated sawdust-rice husk board, the density and bending strength were the highest with 40% of rice husk mixing ratio.
- Baek, I.H., Bin, H.S., kim, T.Y., kim, K.Y., Nam, K.C. 1998. The manufacture of activated carbon from agricultural by-products and their adsorption performance for the organics. Journal of Korean Society of environmental Engineers 20(10): 1485-1493.
- Hirose, T., Fan, T.X., Okabe, T., Yoshimura, M. 2001. Effect of carbonizing temperature on the basic properties of woodceramics impregnated with liquefied wood. Journal of Material Science 36: 4145-4149. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017952502431
- Hirose, T., Fujino, T., Fan, T., Endo, H., Okabe, T., Yoshimura, M. 2002. Effect of carbonization temperature on the structural changes of woodceramics impregnated with liquefied wood. Carbon 40: 761-765. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(01)00197-X
- Lee, H.H. 1999. Development of rice hull board for the new ecomaterial. Report of ministry of agriculture, food and rural affairs.
- Oh, S.W. 2004. Resin Impregnation of sawdust board for making woodceramics(I) -Effect of impregnation method and time on physical and mechanical properties-. Mokchae Konghak 32(3): 25-32.
- Oh, S.W. 2004. Development of manufacturing technique for heating board of Functional woodceramics from thinned logs. Report of ministry of agriculture, food and rural affairs.
- Oh, S.W., Byeon, H.S. 2002. Properties of woodceramics made from MDF. Mokchae Konghak 30(2): 115-120.
- Oh, S.W., Byeon, H.S. 2003. Resin impregnation of sawdust board for making woodceramics(II)-Effect of density and addition rate of phenol formaldehyde resin-. Mokchae Konghak 31(5): 15-22.
- Oh, S.W., Byeon, H.S. 2004. Effect of impregnation ratio and carbonizing temperature on surface temperature of woodceramics made from thinned logs of Pinus densiflora S. et. Z.. Mokchae Konghak 32(4): 1-7.
- Oh, S.W. Piao, J.J. 2004. Properties of woodceramics made from thinned logs(I) -Effect of resin impregnation rate and burning temperature-. Mokchae Konghak 32(1): 73-79.
- Oh, S.W., Piao, J.J., Jeong, I.S. 2005. Properties of ceramics from a board mixed with sawdust and rice husk -Effect of percentage of resin impregnation and carbonization temperature-. Mokchae Konghak 33(3): 30-37.
- Okabe, T., Saito, K. 1995. Development of woodceramics. Transactions of the Material Research Society of Japan 18: 681-684.
- Okabe, T., K. Saito, H. Togawa, and Y. Kumagai. 1995. Electromagnetic shielding characteristic of porous carbon material "woodceramics". International Ecomaterial Conference, Xian, China pp. 9-12.
- Okabe, T., Saito, K., Togawa, H., Kumagai, Y. 1995a. Development of porous carbon material "woodceramics" -Electromagnetic shielding characteristics -Journal of the Society of Materials Science Japan 44(498): 288-291. https://doi.org/10.2472/jsms.44.288
- Piao, J.J. 2004. Physical and mechanical properties of ceramics from board mixed with sawdust and rice husk. Master's thesis. Chonbuk National University.
- Interfacial and Mechanical properties of Different Heat Treated Wood and Evaluation of Bonding Property between Stone and Wood for Rock Bed vol.16, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17702/jai.2015.16.2.69