- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Gastric Adenocarcinoma with Prostatic Metastasis
- Roshni, S. (Department of Radiation Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre) ;
- Anoop, T.M. (Department of Medical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre) ;
- Preethi, T.R. (Department of Pathology, Regional Cancer Centre) ;
- Shubanshu, G. (Department of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre) ;
- Lijeesh, A.L. (Department of Radiation Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre)
- Received : 2014.02.22
- Accepted : 2014.04.04
- Published : 2014.06.30
Metastasis of gastric adenocarcinoma to the prostate gland is extremely rare. Herein, we report a case of gastric adenocarcinoma in a 56-year-old man with prostatic metastasis diagnosed through the analysis of biopsy specimens from representative lesions in the stomach and prostate gland. Immunohistochemistry of the prostatic tissue showed positive staining for cytokeratin 7 and negative staining for prostate-specific antigen (PSA), whereas the serum PSA level was normal, confirming the diagnosis of prostatic metastasis from carcinoma of the stomach.
- Zhang P, Zheng Y, Ran H, Leng Z, Wang Z. Case report: gastric adenocarcinoma metastatic to the prostate gland. J Radiol Case Rep 2010;4:35-38. https://doi.org/10.1186/1752-1947-4-35
- Borum ML, Chen HC. Gastric adenocarcinoma metastatic to the prostate gland: a rare case and review of the literature. Dig Dis Sci 2001;46:2658-2659. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1012763026370
- Bates AW, Baithun SI. Secondary solid neoplasms of the prostate: a clinico-pathological series of 51 cases. Virchows Arch 2002;440:392-396. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004280100505
- Epstein JI. PSA and PAP as immunohistochemical markers in prostate cancer. Urol Clin North Am 1993;20:757-770.