- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Utilization Plan of SNS for Computer Utilization Ability Improvement of University Students
대학생들의 컴퓨터 활용능력 향상을 위한 SNS 활용방안
- Pi, Su-Young (Dept. of Institute of Liberal Education, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 피수영 (대구가톨릭대학교 기초교양교육원)
- Received : 2014.04.03
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
As the number of users of SNS (Social Network Service) and smart devices increases sharply nowadays, many studies on various teaching models and methodologies have been made in order to utilize SNS in education. However, there are not so sufficient studies that explore social media as a learning environment and analyze empirically its relation with the academic achievement. Since various kinds of learning experiences are required in order to foster creative talents, it is necessary to have information sharing, debate and information exchange utilizing SNS. If utilizing SNS for general computer education in a university, it will be possible to collect learners' various thoughts and opinions more effectively. Because real-time feedback can be possible in each individual space through SNS by sharing the information related to the interactions between learner and teacher or between leaner and learner and exchanging opinions each other, the learner's ability to utilize a computer can be improved. Especially SNS can provide a real-time help to solve problems for underachieved students and provide an opportunity to improve the academic achievement.
Social Network Service Utilization;Feedback;Facebook;Group;Academic Achievement
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- Y. S. Kim, Smart age, The change of the College writing education-Focused on the social network service(SNS) writing education, Korean Journal of General Education, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 249-279, 2012.
- H. V. Lee and S. H Kwon, A study of on the Application Method of Improving communication through the Google Plus in Team Project Based Learning in University Lecture, Korean Journal of the Learning Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 74-93, 2013.
- G. T. Park, Design and implementation of an SNS-based e-Learning system, Graduate School of Korea University Dissertation, 2013.
- S. H. Lee, A Study of Teaching Methodology that employs SNS-Focused on the use of Facebook, Graduate School of Busan University Dissertation, 2013.
- M. H. Chung, S. Y. Nam, and J. H. Kim, An Analysis on Types of SNS Tool for Use in Educational, Proceedings of Korean Society for Internet Information Spring Conference, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 165-166, 2012.
- S. H. Hwang. A study of Development of SNS-based Experiential Learning Model: Centering on the Case Study of Economic Education Camp Program for Youths, Graduate School of Kyunghee University Dissertation, 2012.
- Boyd, D. M, and N. B., Ellison, Social Network Sites : Definition, History and Scholarship, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 210-230, 2008.
- J. H. Kang, A Study on Utilizing SNS to Vitalize Smart Learning, The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 265-274, 2011.
- H. J. Lee, M. H. Choi, and M. K. Park, The Effect of Self-Efficacy and User"s Cognitive Factors on Reuse Intention of SNS, Kore Society for information management, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 145-167, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2012.29.3.145
- S. Y. Jeon, The Effects of Personality Traits and Facebook Self-Efficacy on Interaction and Satisfaction in Facebook - based Collaborative Learning Environment, Graduate School of Ewha Womans University Dissertation, 2013.
- Ryan, S. D., Magro, M. J., & Sharp, J. H., Exploring education al and cultural adaptation through social networking sites, Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol. 10, pp. 1-16, 2011. https://doi.org/10.28945/1357
- Wang, Q., Woo, H. L., Quek, C. L., Yang, Y., & Liu, M., Using the Facebook group as a learning management system: An exploratory study, British Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 428-438, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2011.01195.x
- S. M. Kim, H. W. Lim, and H. J. Kim, User List Generation based on User Information and Activity in twitter, The Korean Institute of information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 387-397, 2012.
- Christopher Horn, Analysis and Classification of Twitter messages, Master's Thesis at Graz University of Technology, 2010.
- Yuto Yamaguchi, Toshiyuki Amagasa, Hiroyuki Kitagaw, Tag-based user Topic Discovery using Twitter Lists, International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining, pp. 13-20, 2011.
- Oeyman Nasirifard, Conor Hayes, Tadvise: A Twitter Assistant based on Twitter Lists, in Social Informatics, pp. 153-160, 2011.