- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Influence of the Financial Preparation of the Disabled for Old Age on Their Satisfaction of Life
장애인의 경제적 노후준비가 삶의 만족도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sun-Hee (Dept. elderly welfare, Hanseo University) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jeong (Dept. elderly welfare, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2014.04.01
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The purpose of the present study was to identify the state of financial preparation of the disabled for their old age, and the influence factors on their quality of life. To this aim, the 4th data from the Panel Survey of Employment for the Disabled were used to examine 3,396 subjects of 40 years or older. First, regarding the difference between life satisfaction according to whether or not the disabled were preparing for their old age, the preparing people had higher satisfaction in daily life. Second, the most popular way of financial preparation of the people with disabilities for old age proved the state-run public pension, and the disabled were cognitive that their preparations were not enough. Lastly, the satisfaction of the disabled in daily life who were financial preparing for the old age proved higher depending on the higher sufficiency of their preparation.
the Disabled;Financial Preparation for Old Age;Method of the Preparation;Sufficiency of the Preparation;Satisfaction of Life
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Disabled statistics, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled, Employment Development. 2012.
- S. S. Kim, W. A. Park, A Study on the economical retirement preparation behavior and its related factors, Vol.3, No.2, pp.45-57, and consumer research, 1992.nt Center, 2012.
- E. S. Shin, (A) Study on unmarried women's understanding on and provision for their old age: Focusing on female Seoulite high attainments, Master's Thesis-the Graduate School of Konkuk University, 2002.
- C. J. Park, Economic Preparations for Aging of the Middle and Old-Aged and Their Determinants, Korean Journal of SocialW elfare, Vol.60, No.3, pp.275-297, 2008. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2008.60.3.012
- S. M. Yun, C. G. Sohn, H. J. Yang, H. C. Lee, E. J. Kim, M. S. Choi, G. C. Yu, H. Y. Shin, H. N. Bang, Y. H. Lee, A Study on the actual condition survey and analysis of National pension for building a multi-layered retirement income security system, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs' policy report, 2012.
- Y. J. Kang, A Study on Korean Adults′ Planning for Old Age: Targeting the married men and women of 30's, 40's and 50's, The Korean Society of Connunity Living Science, Vol.16, No.4, pp.159-174, 2005.
- J. H. Lee, The Middle Aged's perception of Aging and Physical, Financial & Social Preparation for Later Life: Focus on Gender Differences, The Korean Society of Community Living Science, Vol.20, No.2, pp.275-289, 2009.
- H. R. Choi, Influence of the middle aged adults' life style and participation in leisure activities on the preparation on life in old age and life satisfaction, Doctoral Thesis - the Graduate School of Korea University, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Press release-2011 investigation of citizen's awareness on the low birth rate and aging, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2012.
- H. K. Oh, D. J. Jung, A Study of Determinants influencing Life satisfaction of the Disabled Person, Journal of Rehabilitation Research, Vol.14, No.3, pp.151-173, 2010.
- G. S. An, A Study on the longitudinal influence of life satisfaction from the life plan for their elderly Life of the middle-elderly aged employees-focused on the 4th and 11th year data in Korean Labor and Income Panel Study-, Department of Elderly Welfare, The Graduate School of Hanseo University, 2011.
- D. B. Kim, K. H. Jeong, E. J. Lee, A Study on the Influence of the Previous Preparation for Successful Aging Life of Elderly and the Mediation Effects of the Life Satisfaction, Journal of Welfarefor the Aged, Vol.58, pp.325-352, 2012.
- H. S. Ahn, H. M. Kim, J. K. Anh, Y. H. Kim, Effects of The Degree of Preparation for Old Age and Perception of the Successful Aging on Life Satisfaction of Middle-aged Women, Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol.13, No.3, pp.137-155, 2009.
- S. S. Lee, A Study on the Life Satisfaction of Middle-Old age Koreans According to Their Preparation for Old Ages, A Study on the consumer culture, Vol.15, No.4, pp.43-61, 2012.
- S. J. Yang, J. C. Choi, J. J. Ryu, H. J. Kim, The 4th Disabled Employment Panel Survey(2011), Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled, Employment Development Center, 2011.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, The status of retirement preparation by the people of baby boomers era and the direction of support system for the retirement design, Vol. 98, 2011.