- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of LMS Functions for Improving the Quality of Distance Education Training
원격교원연수 질 제고를 위한 학습관리시스템 기능 분석 연구
- Kim, Yong (Dept. of e-Learning, Graduate School, Korea National Open Univ.)
- 김용 (한국방송통신대학교)
- Received : 2014.03.31
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
As of December 2013, 63 distance education training centers has been operating in the form of private, university affiliated and national/public centers. LMS is related to distance training quality as the system because distance education training centers are managing training by using LMS. In this paper, LMS functions of distance education training centers were analyzed to enhance the quality of distance training. In results of the analysis, it is showed 70.07%, 72.09% and 70.41% that implementation ratio of necessary LMS functions for trainee, manager and tutor. Functions of the lowest implementation ratio were "training support" of trainee mode, "statistics management" of manager mode and "communication" of tutor mode. The results of this paper will be helped to improve LMS for effective distance training of distance education training centers.
e-learning;LMS;quality assurance;distance education;distance training
- MOE.KERIS, 2013 Adapting education to the Information Age, Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2014.
- MEST.KERIS, 2012 Operation Manual for Distance Education Training Centers, Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2012.
- Nichni, M., LCMS=LMS+CMS(RLOs), http://www.elearning.com/feafures/archives/001022.asp, 2009.
- Hall, B., Getting up to Speed on Learning Management Systems, Sunnyvale: Brand on Hall, 2001.
- Oblinger, D. & Hawkins, B. L., The myth about e-Learning, "We Don't Need to Worry about E-Learning Anymore." EDUCAUSE Review, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp.14-15, 2005.
- Rosenberg, M. J., E-learning: Strategies for delivering knowledge in the digital age, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Becta, Harnessing Technology Review 2007: Progress and impact of technology in education, Becta, 2007.
- Khan, B. H. "Web-based instruction (WBI): What is it and why is it? In B. H. Khan (Ed.), Web-based instruction", Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology, pp. 5-18, 1997.
- KERIS, 2012 The Evaluation Guide for Distance Education Training Centers Authorization, Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2012.
- Kil Sang Yoo et al., 2013 A Study on Satisfaction Survey of Distance Education Training Centers, Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2013.
- Morgan, G., Faculty use of course management systems. Boulder, CO: EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research, 2003.
- Mi Ja Shim, Jong Min Kim, "The Effect of Classroom Menu with a Learning Management System On Learning Motivation and Interaction in e-Learning Environment", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol 15, No 2, pp.87-108, 2009.
- Jen-Her Wu, Robert D. Tennyson, Tzyh-Lih Hsia, "A study of student satisfaction in a blended e-learning system environment", Computers & Educaton Vol.55, pp.155-164, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2009.12.012
- Jong-Yeon Lee, Eun-Jin Lee, "Influence Analysis of System, Information and Service Qualities on Learner Satisfaction in University e-Learning", Journal of educational studies, Vol.41, No3,pp.119-147, 2010.
- Byeong-Gyu An, Wooyong Eom, "Analysis of Functions for Interactions in Learning Management Systems for Cyber Home Learning System", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol 15, No 2, pp. 47-66, 2009.
- Eevi, E. B., "Learning management systems: the need for critical analyses", Proceedings of the 4th decennial conference on Critical computing: between sense and sensibility, Aarhus, Denmark, ACM Press: pp. 173-176, 2005.
- Charalambos, V., "Issues of pedagogy and design in e-learning systems", Proceedings of the 2004 ACM symposium on Applied computing, Nicosia, Cyprus, ACM Press: 911-915, 2004.
- Ravi, D. and L. Pamela, "Paving the way towards an efficient Learning Management System", Proceedings of the 42nd annual Southeast regional conference, Huntsville, Alabama, ACM Press: pp. 428-433, 2004.
- Tom, W., "Using learning management mystems to teach paperless courses: best practices for creating accreditation review record archives", J. Comput. Small Coll. 20(1): pp. 19-25, 2004.
- MEST, A guide of Cyber University Establishment, Ministry of Education and Science Technology, 2013.
- MOE.NILE, 2013 The Evaluation Guide for Academic Credit Bank System, PM 2013-20, National Institute for Lifelong Education, 2013.
- Kyung A Son, Younghee Woo, "The development strategy of LMS to improve teaching and learning activities in Distance Education of Korea", Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol6, No2, pp. 127-149, 2010. https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2010.11.6.2.127
- Yong Kim et al., An Analysis of Solution(LMS) functions in Distance Education Training Institutes, RR 2007-3, Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2007.
- JaMee Kim et al., "A Study for Improvement of Learning Management System in Distance Education & Training Institutes", Journal of academia-Industrial technology, Vol.11 No4, pp.1411-1418, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.4.1411
- Moore, M. & Kearsley, G., Distance Education: A systems view, CA: Wards worth Publishing Company, 1996.