- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Analysis of Raw Data of Completion of Off-Line Continuing Education in Nursing in Seoul, 2008-2012
서울지역 간호사 보수교육 실시 분석 -오프라인교육 중심으로-
- Go, Jeong-Hee (Manager of Seoul Nurses Association) ;
- Han, Mi-Ra (Department of Nursing, Mokpo Catholic University) ;
- Hu, Jung (Department of Nursing, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2014.04.04
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The purpose of this paper was to analyze the Data of Continuing Nursing Education(CNE) in Seoul from 2008 to 2012. The subjects were collected from the data of Seoul Nurses Association. Descriptive statics, t-test, ANOVA were performed using SPSS 12.0 program for a total of 165,759 subjects' data. The number of continuing education recipients increased about 28% by the year of 2012. Over 50% of subjects worked at advanced hospitals and about 80% of subjects received education in self-developed program type. According to years since licensed, more than half(55.5%) of the subjects were under 7 years since licensed, followed by 4-6years since licensed(18.5%), 2-3years since licensed(16.2%), and 1year since licensed(9.7%). This study showed significant differences in contents, continuing education programs, workplace, type of continuing education. The findings of this study will contribute to identifying current trends of continuing education for nurses and provide fundamental data for developing continuing nurses education.
Continuing nursing education(CNE);CNE program;CNE institution;CNE content
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Division of Healthcare Resouces Policy/Helth insurance review and assessment service. (2014). Annual report of Health and Welfare, Retrieved April, 5, 2014, from
- Korean Nurses Association. (2014). General Assembly Report, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Kim, J. A. (2012). A study of provide to continuing education development plan for nurses. Korean Nurses Association, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Dickerson, P. S. (2010). Continuing Nursing education: Enhancing professional development, The Journal of Continuing in Nursing, 41(3), 100-101. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20100224-07
- Drey, N., Gould, D, & Allan, T. (2009). The relationship between continuing professional education and commitment to Nursing, Nurse Education Today, 29, 740-745. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2009.03.008
- Korean Nurses Association. (2007). Nursing agendas viewed in newspaper. Seoul. (in Korean)
- Korean Nurses Association. (2013). Materials of meeting for a select committee. (in Korean)
- Kim, J. A. (2001). The development and effectiveness of web-based continuing nurse education program. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 7(2), 361-375. (in Korean)
- Lee, Y. J. (2005). The research of nursing status and recognition on continuing education. Unpublished Master's thesis, Andong University, Andong. (in Korean)
- Lee, Y. K. (2007). (A) Study on the need for continuing education programs for nurses working in medium-sized hospitals. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Lee, K. S. (2011). The needs of continuing education among hospital nurses in Dae-jeon. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Daejeon. (in Korean)
- Na, J. M. (2012). A Study on medical practitioners' perceptions on continuing medical education. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Deagu. (in Korean)
- Jho, M. Y. (2013). Nurses' perception of the importance of evaluating continuing education programs. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 25(1), 1-12. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.1.1
- Benner, P. (1982). From beginner to expert, American Journal of Nursing, March, 402-407.
- Jang, K. S. (2002). (A) Study on establishment of clinical career development model of nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Hospital Nurses Association. (2013). Survey on the status of hospital nursing staffing, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Katsikitis, M., McAllister, M., Sharman, R., Raith, L., Faithfull-Byrne, A., & Priaulx, R. (2013). Continuing professional development in nursing in Australia: Current awareness, practice and future directions. Contemporary Nurse, 45(1), 33-45. https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.2013.45.1.33
- Nursing & Midwifery Council. (2013). September briefing. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- Whitehead, T. D., & Lacey-Haun, L. (2008). Evolution of accreditation in continuing nursing education in America. The Journal of Continuing in Nursing, 39(11), 493-499. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20081101-04
- Karen, K. (2012). The journey to mandatory continuing education in Illinois. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 43(5), 195-196. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20120424-38
- Han, S. M. (2010). Nurses' reasons for participation in continuing nursing education. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul. (in Korean)
- Nalle, M. A., Wyatt, T. H., & Myers, C. R. (2010). Continuing education needs of nurses in a continuing nursing education state. The Journal of Continuing in Nursing, 41(3), 107-115. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20100224-03
- Han, M. R. & Choi, S. M. (2011). Effects of a refresher program for inactive nurses on nursing professionalism and Nursing clinical self-efficacy. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17(1), 44-53. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.1.44
- Green, R. Gorzka, P. & Kodish, S. (2005). Achieving excellence in practice: A model for continuing education for nurse practitioners. Journal of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 17(11), 452-459. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-7599.2005.00075.x
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. (2012). Nurses' core competencies and nursing education learning outcomes. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Statistics Korea.. (2011). Internal migration statistics: Number of internal migrants for city, county, and district Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Korean Nurses Association Department of Education. (2013). Continuing nursing education regulations and operational guidance revision. Seoul. (in Korean)
- Japanese Nursing Association. (2014). Continuing education in Japan. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- A study on the Participation Motivation of Clinical Nurses in Job Training vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.319
- Factors Influencing Intention to Use Smart-based Continuing Nurse Education* vol.23, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.1.51
- Survey on Online Continuing Education Requirements according to Practical Experience of Nurses at Small and Medium Sized Hospitals vol.23, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2016.23.3.197
- Establishing a Clinical Ladder System for Nurses in a Small and Medium-sized Hospital vol.24, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.466