- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Interpersonal Relationship and the Influencing Factors in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 대인관계 및 관련요인
- Lee, Mi-Ryon (Department of Nursing, Tongmyong University) ;
- Nam, Mun-Hee (Department of Nursing, Daedong University)
- Received : 2014.04.07
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The objective of this study was to investigate the degree of interpersonal relationship in nursing students according to their characteristics. This descriptive correlation study conducted visit-surveys with organized questionnaires and sampled 306 nursing students. Data was analyzed by t-tests, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients and multiple regression analysis using SPSS/WIN 14.0. Findings revealed that; 1) the degree of interpersonal relationship in nursing students according to their characteristics were significantly different in age and grade; 2) Pearson's correlation revealed a significant association among interpersonal relationship, family function and self-differentiation; 3) multiple regression analysis showed self-differentiation and family function significantly influenced interpersonal relationship in nursing students. Based on the findings of this study, nursing professionals should provide proper program of interpersonal relationship related to self-differentiation and family function.
Family function;Interpersonal relationship;Nursing student;Self-differentiation
- Noller, P., Callan, V. J. Adolescents' perceptions of the nature of their Communication with parents. Journal of Youth Adolescence, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 349-362, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01537077
- Thomas, R. Health Communication. New York: Springer, 2006.
- M. H. Kim, A Study on family system, self-esteem and interpersonal relationship of college students. Unpublished master's thesis, Hoseo University. 2004.
- H. Y. Yoon, The impact of perceived parenting attitude on interpersonal problems among university students: Mediating effect of internalized shame. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Women's University. 2013.
- S. M. Hwang, H. J. Bang, J. E. Shin, The relations among male college students attachment, parent's attachment and student's interpersonal competence. The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 67-86, 2010. https://doi.org/10.18205/kpa.2010.15.1.004
- S. J, Lee, The relationship of self-differentiation of university students and on interpersonal relationship, adaptation to university life. Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University. 2012.
- S. M. Yoon, A study on effects of self-differentiation on interpersonal relationship and dysfunctional career thoughts of University students. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University. 2010.
- J. W. Park, M. S. Choi, A study on self consciousness, communication competence, and interpersonal relation dispositions of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 2009.
- I. S. Kim, Effects of college students' perceived parenting attitudes and attachment on interpersonal relationship. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University. 2010.
- S. C. Nam, The effect of perceived parenting behaviors and self differentiation on adolescents' interpersonal problems. Unpublished master's thesis, Silla University. 2004.
- Y. K. Kang, The effects of vommunication with patents on adolescents' interpersonal relationships. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University. 2012.
- S. H. Sok, D. S. Shin, K. B. Kim, Original articles: A study of correlation between interpersonal relationship and self-efficacy of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 475-481, 2006.
- M. H. Kim, The effects of MBTI based self growth program on ego identity, self efficacy and interpersonal relations ability in nursing students. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University of Korea. 2005.
- M. A. Kang, The effects of parent-adolescent Communication styles and emotional intelligence perceived by university students on interpersonal relations tendency. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University. 2012.
- H. S. Kim, The effects of the career group counseling program based on R.E.B.T on the self-efficacy, interpersonal relations ability, career attitude maturity scale and decision making patterns of College students. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kunkuk University. 2001.
- Guerney, B. G. Relationship enhancement: Skill-training programs for therapy, problem prevention, and enrichment. Training and Development Journal, Vol. 39, No. 9, pp. 84-85, 1977.
- S. M. Moon, A study on the effect of human relation straining of University students. Journal of Gyeongsang National University, Vol. 19, pp. 195-204, 1980.
- Noller, P., Seth-Smith, M., Bouma, R. & Schweutzer, R. "Parent and adolescent perceptions of family functioning: A comparison of clinic and non-clinic families", Journal of Adolescence, 15(1), 101-114, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-1971(92)90041-3
- Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Jeon, S. Y. Kim, Family assessment Handbook. Seoul: Hakjisa, 2003.
- S. J. Yang, A study of the influence of the family function and self-differentiation of college students on the consciousness of cohabitation before marriage. Unpublished master's thesis, Kunsan National University. 2012.
- Bowen, M. Family therapy in clinical practice. New York: Jason Aronson. 1982.
- S. B. Je, The relationship between self-differentiation and dysfunction al behavior. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University. 1989.
- Harren, V. A. A model of career decision making for college students. Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 119-133, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90065-4
- H. J. Go, A study on the effect of carceer counseling on Korean college students' decision making styles and on career decision making status. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University. 1992.
- J. A. Song, J. S. Jang, A research about the mediating effect of interpersonal relations for a correlation between community College students' adjustment to colleges and vamily functions. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 119-144, 2010.
- E. H. Lee, The relationships of self-differentiation with personal relations and behavio rproblems in adolescence: The mediating effect of conflict resolution strategy, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungnam University. 2008.
- M. H. Lee, Effect of family functioning of children's interpersonal relations disposition. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University. 1994.
- G. S. Shin, Children's perceived competences and the tendency of interpersonal relations in the children by family cohesion & adaptability. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University. 2001.
- H. S. Kim, The effects of self-differentiation and ego-resilience on interpersonal problem-solving ability of undergraduate students. Unpublished master's thesis, Donga University. 2013.
- J. Sun, The relationship between parentification and interpersonal problems: Mediated by social support and self-esteem. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University. 2013.
- Influences of Communication Skill and Interpersonal Ability on Clinical Competence of Nursing Students vol.25, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.2.99
- Associations of Interpersonal Relations with Irrational Beliefs and Social Supports among Nursing Students vol.27, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2018.27.4.313
- Patterns of Adverse Childhood Experiences and Their Influences on Depressive Symptoms, Difficulty in Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Maladjustment vol.39, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2018.39.6.85