- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Quality of Life and Recovery for a Mental Disorder
정신장애인의 삶의 질과 회복에 대한 연구
- Lee, Jeong-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, Jungwon University) ;
- Lee, Sun-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2014.04.02
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify degree of quality of life and recovery of mental disorder, to determine the factors affecting the quality of life. Methods: The data were collected from May 20 to 27 2013. Data were collected by questionaire from 310 individuals with mental disorder. The instruments for this study were Happy-Quality of Life Scale(Happy-QoL), Recovery. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, multiple linear regression with the SPSS/WIN 18.0 program. Results: The degree of quality of life and recovery of mental disorder were lower than in the middle. The significant factors influencing quality of life were recovery(
Mental Disorder;Quality of Life;Recovery;Recovery Factors
- Y. J. Choi, Recovery strategiesfor the person with psychiatric disabilities through community integration. Ph.D. dissertation, Pusan National University, Pusan. 2010.
- Seoul National University College of Medicine, Ministry of Health and Welfare, The Epidemiological Survey of Mental Disorders in Korea, 2012.
- J. S. Lee, Development and evaluation of mental disorder recovery scale(MDRS). Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Kongju National University. Kongju. 2013.
- R. Bland, A. Tullgren, Recovery theory in practice: Consumer and practitioner perspectives. The Korean Academy of Mental Health Social Work. Vol. 2013, pp. 111-141, 2013.
- Y. A. Byeon, A study on the effects of insight on the quality of life of the mental disorder-mediation of treatment compliance and symptom coping-. Master'sthesis, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, 2011.
- S. I. Kang, Influential factors for the recovery process of people with mental disorder: the mediation effects of ego-identity on integration with local community. Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Catholic University, Seoul. 2013.
- S. J. Onken,, C. M. Craig, P. Ridgway, R. O. Ralph, J. A. Cook, An analysis of the definitions and elements of recovery: A Review of the literature. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 9-22, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2975/31.1.2007.9.22
- E. K. Byun, S. S. Jun, Factors influencing quality of life in people with mental disabilities using mental health centers. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 157-166, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.2.157
- K. S. Han, A structural model for quality of life of the patient with chronic mental illness in community. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 430-442, 2002.
- World Health Organization. WHOQOL measuring quality of Life. 1997.
- M. Y. Kim, A structural model of recovery among people with mental illness. Ph.D. dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul. 2011.
- J. I. Park, K. J. Lee, The effect of self-determination on quality of life for the people with psychiatric disabilities. Mental Health and Social Work, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 33-62, 2012.
- M. M. Barry, A. Zissi, Quality of life as an outcome measure in evaluating mental health services: a review of the empirical evidence. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol, Vol. 32, pp. 38-47, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00800666
- J. K. Bae, M. J. Son, J. G. Lee, The effects of attitude toward recovery on quality of life among persons with psychiatric disabilities: Test of mediating effects model. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 811-831, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2009.28.3.009
- S. K. Kahng, H. S. Jwa, Service Satisfaction, Self-Efficacy, and Quality of Life Among Psychiatric Rehab Service Consumers. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, Vol. 33, pp. 185-213, 2007.
- S. M. Kim, A study on the factors affecting the quality of life in middle-aged and older persons with mental illness. Master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon. 2013.
- Y. Y. Kim, The integrated psychiatry rehabilitation service sand their impact on outcomes and quality of life. Ph.D. dissertation, Keimyung University, Daegu. 2004.
- H. S. Kim, A study on the factors affecting the quality of life of the persons with mental illness. Master's thesis, Kongju National University, Kongju. 2012.
- D. S. Yang, S. H. Kook, Y. Choi, H. Y. Lee, The relations among sociodemographic, clinical and psychological characteristics and quality of life in patients with psychotic disorders and their caregivers. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp. 1044-1054, 2011.
- S. Y. Lee, A Study on the factors affecting quality of life of the mentally ill from the perspective of ecosystem. Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul Women's University, Seoul. 2004.
- M. S. Chung, S. I. Kang, Determinants of quality of life in mentally disabled residents of social welfare institutions. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol. 24, pp. 81-108. 2010.
- Y. Y. Kim, H. S. Park, The effects of insight and empowerment on function and quality of life for patients with schizophrenia. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 11-21, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.1.11
- M. M. Choi, K. Y. Lee, T. W. Eom, Differences in empowerment and the quality of life among the users of the mental Health service settings in Korea. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 24, pp. 94-124, 2006.
- K. J. Kim, J. H. Seol, Y. S. Paik, J. H. Kim, The relationship between quality of life and psychosocial characteristics in patients with schizophrenia. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, Vol. 43, No. 5, pp. 603-610, 2004
- S. H. Kim, S. S. Oh, E. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, The chronic schizophrenic patient's quality of life: Focused on stress coping strategy, symptom, and family support. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 73-87, 2005.
- S. H. Kook, C. N. Son, The development of Happy-QoL scale for assessing the quality of life in patient with schizophrenic disorder. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 665-691, 2002.
- S. J. Baek, The effects of personality and stress coping styles on quality of life of schizophrenia patient's. Master's thesis, Catholic University, Daegu. 2008.
- S. H. Lee, A study on factors affecting the rehabilitation for the people with mental disorder-Focusing on the recovery factors-. Master's thesis, Catholic University, Seoul. 2010.
- Y. J. Choi, S. S. Choi, A study on the recovery attitude and factors affecting the recovery attitude in mentally disabled. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 26, pp. 111-143, 2007.
- S. Y. Min, A path analysis of the case management implementation factors with client satisfaction and quality of life among the mentally ill persons in the community. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 103-127, 2009. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2009.61.3.005
- C. S. Cardoso, W. T. Caiaffa, M. Bandeira, A. L. Siqueira, M. N. S. Abreu, J. O. P. Fonseca, Factors associated with low quality of life in schizophrenia. Cad. Saude Publica, Rio De Janeiro, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 1338-1348, 2005.
- J. M. Narvaez, E. W. Twamley, C. L. McKibbin, R. K. Heaton, T. L. Patterson, Subjective and objective quality of life in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, Vol. 98, No. 1-3, pp. 201-208, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.schres.2007.09.001
- Effects of Family Burden, Resilience and Spiritual Well-being on the Quality of Life of Primary Caregivers of People with Mental Illness vol.26, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2017.26.3.226