- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Photodynamic effect of Photofrin and Radachlorin against Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis
황색포도알균과 표피포도알균에 대한 포토프린과 라다클로린의 광역학 효과
- Seo, Choong-Won (Dept. of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Seonam University) ;
- Ryu, Jae-Gi (Dept. of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Gimcheon University) ;
- Kwon, Pil-Seung (Dept. of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Wonkwang Health Science University)
- Received : 2014.03.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The aim of this study was to evaluate the photodynamic therapy effects against staphylococci using Photofrin and Radachlorin with Light emitting diode(LED). Experimental methods, The bacterial suspensions containing Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis at
Photodynamic therapy(PDT);Photofrin;Radachlorin;Staphylococcus aureus;Staphylococcus epidermidis
- M. N. Usacheva, M. C. Teichert, and M. A. Biel, Comparision of the methlene blue and toluidine blue photobacteriocidal effecacy against gram-negative micro organisms, Lasers Surg Med, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 165-173, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/lsm.1105
- P. S. GOlding, T. A. King, L. Maddocks, D. B. Drucker, A. S. Blinkhorn, Photosensitization of Staphylococcus aureus with malachite green isothiocyanate: inactivation efficiency and spectroscopic analysis, J Photochem Photobial B, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 202-210, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1011-1344(98)00224-3
- D. Vecchio, T. Dai, L. Huang L. Fantetti, G. Roncucci, and M. R. Hamblin, Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy with RLP068 kills methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and improves wound healing in a mouse model of infected skin abrasion PDT with RLP068/Cl in infected mouse skin abrasion, J Biophotonics, Vol. 6, No. 9, pp. 33-42, 2013.
- M. Capella, A. M. Coelho, and S. Menezes, Effect of glucose on photodynamic action of methylene blue in Escherichia coli cells, Photochem photobiol, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 205-210, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-1097.1996.tb02443.x
- M. A. Capella, and L. R. Caldas, Photodynamic action of methylene blue: repair and mutation in Escherichia coli, J Photochem Photobiol B, Vol. 5, No. 3-4, pp. 505-517, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/1011-1344(90)85062-2
- M. Schafer, C. Schmitz, and G. Horneck, High sensitivity of Deinococcus radiodurans tophotody namically-produced singlet oxygen, Int J adiat Biol, Vol. 74, No. 2, pp. 249-523, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/095530098141636
- P. S. Kwon, Antimicrobial Effect of Photodynamic Theraphy using Photofrin Against Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis, The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 314-321, 2013.
- X. J. Fu, Y. Fang, and M. Yao, Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Biomed Res Int. 2013, Vol. 2013, Article ID 159157, 2013.
- N. L. Oleinick, and H. H. Evans, The photo biology of photodynamic therapy: cellular targets and mechanism, Rad Res, Vol. 150, No. 5, pp. 146-156, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/3579816
- M. Ochsner, New trends in photobiology of photophysical and photobiological processes in the photodynamic therapy of tumors, Photochem Photobiol, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1011-1344(96)07428-3
- N. H. Youn, S. W. Lee, J. H. Park, S. H. Cha and S. D. Park, Two cases of staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome, Korean J Dermatol, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 1531-1535, 2000.
- M. S. Kim and N. J. Kim, Antimicrobial Resistance and Treatment Update of Skin and Soft Tissue Infections, The Korean Journal of Medicine, Vol. 81, No. 6, 2011.
- J. H. Song, Antimicrobial Resistance in Grampositive Cocci: Past 50 Years, Present and Future, Infect Chemother, Vol. 43, pp. 443-449, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3947/ic.2011.43.6.443
- M. N. Kim, Multidrug-resistant Organisms and Health card-associated Infections. Hanyang Medical Reviews. Vol. 31, pp. 141-152, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2011.31.3.141
- H. M. Lee, D. E. Yong, K. W. Lee, S. H. Lee, J. Y. Ahn, S. G. Hong, Y. J. Park, S. H. Jeomg, E. C. Kim, W. K. Lee, Y. Uh, J. H. Shin, T. Y. Kwak, and K. W. Lee, Antimicrobial resistance of clinically important bacteria isolated from 12 hospitals in Korea in 2004. Korean J Clin Microbiol, Vol. 81, pp. 66-73, 2005.
- N. Kashef, M. Akbarizare, and S. K. Kamrava, Effect of sub-lethal photodynamic inactivation on the antibiotic susceptibility and biofilm formation of clinical Staphylococcus aureus isolates, Photodia gnosis Photodyn Ther, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 368-373, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pdpdt.2013.02.005
- M. Wainwright, D. A. Phoenix, S. L. Laycock, D. R. Wareing and P. A. Wright, Photobactericidal activity of phenothiazinium dyes against methicillin-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus, FEMS Microbiol Lett, Vol. 160, No. 2, pp. 177-181, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.1998.tb12908.x