- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Relationship of life style on body composition and quality of life in college students
전문대학생의 생활습관과 체성분 및 삶의 질과의 관계
- Park, Mi-Sung (Dept. of Nursing, Yong-In Songdam College) ;
- Lee, Yong-Hee (College of Nursing, Ajou University)
- Received : 2014.03.13
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
Purpose: The purpose of this study was suggesting baseline data that promote college student's health by analyzing relationship between life style and body composition, life quality. Methods: Data were collected through 60 college students who voluntarily participated in campaign. Their average age was 22.07 years old and 85.0% of participant was age 20 to 25. Data were analyzed by using SPSS Win 19.0 program, t-test, ANOVA and Pearson's correlation coefficients. Results: Our analysis showed that body composition is significantly different from life style such as exercise, smoking, drinking and Weight. There was relationship between life style and life quality including private satisfaction. Conclusion: Finding of this study provide a reference to improve life quality of college students.
Life style;Body composition;Quality of life;College student;Health state
- Joo-Hee Kim, An Effect of Women College Students' Life Habit on Cardio-Pulmonary Function and Physical Strength. Master's thesis, Yogin University. 2006.
- Y. R. Park, H. Wee, S. J. Kim, Development of the Scale for Korean Adult Quality of Life and Comparative Study of Various Scio-demo Graphic Groups. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 148-155, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.2.148
- H. G. Kim, H. J. Yu, Development of the Scale for Korean Adult. International Journal of Adult & Continuing education, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 65-101, 2004.
- Hyun-Mi Park, Longitudinal Analysis of achievement and quality of life among university students and employees, Ph.D. dissertation, Inha University. 2009.
- S. G. Hyun, The Effects of Health Behaviors on the Health Related Quality of Life in Junior College Students. Korean Journal of sports science, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 505-518, 2009.
- K. H. Cha, Relationships between Subjective Well-Being and Idiocentrism-Allocentrism of College Students. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 193-216, 1999.
- B. K. Lee, A Study on the Effects of Locus of Control and the Perception of Happenstance on Life Satisfaction of College Students. Understanding People, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 37-54, 2013.
- N. E. Kim, The Relationships among Stress, Resilience, and Quality of Life in College. Journal of Adolescent welfare, Vol. 13 No. 4, pp. 1-19, 2011.
- J. H. Park, N. H. Kim, Relationships between Physical Activity, Health Status, and Quality of Life of University Students. Journal of Korea community health nursing academic society, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 153-165, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.1.153
- Y. M. Lee, Quality of Life and Its Related Factors among University Students. Journal of Korean society for healthe ducation and promotion, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 77-91, 2007.
- S. D. Kim, M. G. Kim, The relation of life style and quality of sleep in university students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 2795-2801, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2795
- J. H. Kim, H. S. Oh, S. H. Min, Health Life Behavior and Perceived Stress of University Students. J East Asian Dietary Life, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 207-216. 2004.
- H. J. Jeon, Multiple Mediating Effects between Attachment and Life Quality among Freshmen in University: Stress, Affect, Social Support, Mental Health. Korean Association of Human Ecology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 257-266, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2013.22.2.257
- Y. S. Song, Stressful Life Events and Quality of Life in Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 71-80. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.071
- Kyung-Ho Kim, Research on the Teenager's Living Practice for Health, Master's thesis, Kyung Hee University. 2001.
- Hong-Cheol Lee, A Study on Body Fatness and Lifestyles of University Students. Ph. D. dissertation, Kyung Hee University. 1996.
- B. N. Park, Effects of the Tailored Exercise Program on Health and Life Satisfaction in College Students. Journal of the Korea Society of Health Informatics and Statistics, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 49-69. 2007.
- K. E. Park, S. E. Lee, College women's healthy Life style and body component analysis of College women by bioelectrical-impedance analyzer. Dong Nam Health Junior College Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 81-95, 2003.
- Myung-Sin Lee, The subjective quality of life of Korean workers and associated variables, Ph.D. dissertation, Yonsei University, 1998.
- J. H. Kim, E. Y. Park, K. C. Lim, Self-reported Realities of Health Behavior of Undergraduate Students After Web-based Health Promotion Education: Qualitative Content Analysis. The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 413-423, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.413
- Y. M. Jung, K. S. Chung, S. E. Lee, Comparison of Health Behavior, Body Composition and Body Image in College Women by BMI. Journal of Korean society for health education and promotion, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 87-102, 2005.
- Jin-Ok Kim, A comparison of serum lipids level between nonsmokers and smokers, master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2003.
- Y. I. Chon, J. H. Kim, Effects of Smoking, Drinking, Exerciseon Body Composition, Nutrient Intakes and Serum Lipids in Male High School Students. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 19-28, 2004.
- Kyung-Ho Seo, The effects of sequence of aerobic and resistance exercise on fat metabolism and protein synthesis-related hormones, Master's thesis, Koera University, 2012.
- I. Y. Baek, Exercise and energy metabolism, Daehanmedia, Vol 2, pp. 569-581, 2006.
- J. G. Kim, Perception of body weight control and dietary habits in College students according to exercise regularity. Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 115-123, 2002.