- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Consumer's Recognition and Satisfaction for the Improvement of the Doctor-Designation System
선택 진료 제도 개선을 위한 소비자 인식도와 만족도
- Im, Bock-Hee (Dept. of Healthcare Management, Catholic University of Pusan)
- 임복희 (부산가톨릭대학교 병원경영학과)
- Received : 2014.03.11
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the recognition of citizens in Busan on the doctor-designation system, the awareness of medical consumers with experience of using this system and their satisfaction in an effort to seek ways of improving this system. The subjects in this study were the selected citizens in Busan who were at the age of 20 and up. As a result, it's found that the largest group of the respondents was female, in their 20s, received college or higher education, students and in the service industry, and that the most common monthly mean income was between two and 2.99 million won. 27.7 percent were aware of the doctor-designation system, and 23.7 percent became cognizant of the system through others who had used it. The rate of knowing the rules of the doctor-designation system (the right answer) stood at 66.3 percent. They got to know about the system through mass media(31.9%), and used it since it offered highly specialized treatment(57.5%). The respondents who had used it intended to reuse it(76.3%), and the reason was that they were provided with high-class medical services (35.2%). The respondents who had used this system got a mean of 2.96 in satisfaction level, which was not high in general. They mentioned more publicity efforts(91.2%), offering information in a conspicuous place (96.7%) and cutting doctor-designation treatment fee as a means of improving this system. As for how to ensure the operating efficiency of the system, sustained publicity seem to be necessary to raise awareness of the system among patients, and it's required to take measures to relieve patients of financial burden caused by medical bills.
doctor-designation system;recognition;satisfaction;medical consumer;medical consumer with experienced
- http://www.moleg.go.kr, The Office of Legislation, The rule of doctor - designation system,
- Young-Ok Song, A study on satisfaction and related factors of selective medical treatment at healthcare consumers, The Graduate of Public Health Kyungpook National University, 2002.
- Yong-kyun Lee, Myung-Sang Yang, The research regarding a selective medical treatment institutional improvement program at hospital, Korea Hospital Management Institute, 2007.
- Young-Joo Kim, It is necessary that consumer protection measures of fair trade commition in the medical department. a source books of policy, 2006.
- Hyeong-Ju Cho, A study on estimation of Williness to Pay for Elective Treatment Using Contingent Evaluation Method, The graduate School of Ewha Womans University.
- Eun-Ju Kang, The Research regarding a selective medical treatment institutional improvement program, The Graduate School of Public Administration Dongguk University, 2009.
- Ki-Hoon Lee, Comparison of perception on the premium medical treatment system between healthcare consumers and providers, Department of Health Policy and Hospital Management, Graduate School of Public Health, Korea University, 2010.
- The Ministry of Health-Welfare, Rule of the Selective Medical Treatment, a patient-centered improvement, a press release, 2010. 06. 30.
- Ki-Jong An, The selective medical treatment program was changed doctor-designation of doctor system, The welfare trend, Vol. 123No. 1, pp42-44. 2009.
- Citizens Alliance for medical consumer, The situation of improvements of the doctor's designation system in the Ministry of Health-Welfare, a press release, 2007, 12, 11.
- The Ministry of Health-Welfare, The Rule of the Selective Medical Treatment Program, 208.
- Suh Suk-Hee, The Study on large general hospitals'unfair charging fees for selecting a doctor or for medical materials by using their superior position to the patients, general forum, 2009.
- Kyung-Rim Kang, The Ministry of Health-Welfare, Doctor-Designate System Improvement Start, Trend of Policy of HIRA, pp47-48. 2008, 9.
- Jong-In Lee, The problem and improvement plan of the Selective Medical Treatment Program, Korea Consumer Agency, Research Paper, 2007.
- Byung-Mo Kang, The fact finding survey of user about the Selective Medical Treatment Program, Korea Consumer Agency, Research Paper, 2001.
- The Ministry of Health-Welfare, The partial prior announcement of legislation of rule of doctor - designation system, Notice of The Ministry of Health-Welfare, 2010(169), 2010.06.30.
- The Ministry of Health-Welfare, The partial prior announcement of legislation of rule of doctor-designation system, Notice of The Ministry of Health-Welfare, 2010(303), 2010.10.20.
- Health Insurance Review &Assessment Service, 2007-2008years the status of reason for certified medical fee about civil complaint refund, a press release, 2009. 03. 16.
- Health Insurance Review &Assessment Service, 2009years the status of reason for certified medical fee about civil complaint refund, a press release, 2010.03.04.
- The Ministry of Health-Welfare, The partial prior announcement of legislation of rule of doctor-designation system, Notice of the Ministry of Health-Welfare, 2010(169), 2010.06.30.