- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Utilization Outlook of Medical Big Data in the Cloud Environment
클라우드 환경에서 의료 빅데이터 활용 및 전망
- Han, Jung-Soo (Division of Information & Communication, Baekseok Univ.)
- 한정수 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2014.04.22
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
Among methods of the big data process, big data process under the cloud environment is becoming a main topic. As part of solving faced problem and strengthening industrial competitiveness in the medical and health industry, discussion on ways to activate big data is actively being conducted. Because the reason is a paradigm shift, saving pressure for increasing health care costs, and increased consumer interest for the level of service. In this paper, we find out the relationship between the cloud and big data. And we are to research and analysis a cloud-based big data case in the medical field. Finally we propose the efficient utilization and future outlook. For the smooth functioning of cloud-based medical big data, we have to solve the problems like infrastructure extension, analysis/application software development, and professional manpower training. In addition, we have to correct insufficient laws maintenance to the Cloud utilization, and improve the security and the recognition to personal information, and solve authority for data centralization.
Cloud;Big data;Medical big data
- McKinsey Global Institute, Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity, 2011.
- World Economic Forum, Big data, Big impact: New possibilities for international development, 2012.
- McKinsey Global Institute, The 'big data' revolution in healthcare, 2013.
- Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson, Big data: The management revolution, Harvard Business Review, Oct. 2012.
- IDC, The digital universe in 2020 : Big data, bigger digital shadows, and biggest growth in the far east, 2012.
- Sun-Sil Yoo, A Trend of Personal Cloud Service, International Telecommunications Policy Review, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 43-48, 2012.
- Seung-Ik Baek, Ji-Yeon Shin, Jong-Woo Kim, Exploring the Korean Government Policies for Cloud Computing Service, Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 1-15, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2013.18.3.001
- Korea Biobank Center, 2nd Korea Biobank Project(2013-2015), 2013.