- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Analysis of Factors that Affect Attitudes toward the New Digital Revolution
새로운 디지털 혁명에 대한 태도에 영향을 미치는 요인 분석
- Jun, Bong-Gi (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Silla University)
- 전봉기 (신라대학교 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2014.04.01
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
In the late 2000's, a smart phone caused by the digital revolution has led to abrupt changes from our life. The internet of thing (IoT), which is considered as a next digital revolution, will be scrutinized in this paper. Students, who use smart phones in Silla University, were selected for the sample-frame. Approximately 78% students replied with a positive response to the digital revolution admit the new era with the intellectual curiosity and challenge. On the other hand, about 48% students showed uneasy response to the new civilization due to the lack of privacy and security issues of IoT; furthermore, friendship was their apprehension. This paper will provide potentially useful insights and directions for examining factors that affect different manners toward the next digital revolution.
The digital revolution;The Internet of Things;attitudes;Smartphone Addiction;Internet Addiction
- One of four teenagers addicted to smartphones, The Kookje Daily News, 2014. 3. 24
- Survey on the use of Internet in 2013, Korea Internet & Security Agency, 2013.
- Survey on the use of smartphones in the latter half of 2012, Korea Internet & security Agency, 2012.
- H. S. Choi, H. K. Lee, J. C. Ha, The influence of smartphone addiction on mental Health, campus Life and personal relations - Focusing on K University students, Journal of the Korean Data and Information Science Society, Vol. 23, Issue 5, pp. 1005-1015, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.5.1005
- D. Nam, Development of M2M and Future Service Model, Information and Communications Magazine, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp.3-9, 2010.
- K. S. Ko, M. J. Lee, Y. E. Kim, A Research on Addictive Use of Smartphone by University Students, Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 501-516, Dec. 2012 https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2012.13.4.501
- B. K. Seo, Adult Internet Addiction and Smartphone Use Characteristics, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.305-317, 2014 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.01.305
- Korea Internet Addiction Center: www.iapc.or.kr
- F. Kerlinger, Foundations of Behavioral Research. Rinehart & Winston, New York, 1973.
- J. Benson, and F. Clark, A guide for Instrument Development and Validation. The Amenrican Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 36, pp. 789-800, 1982. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.36.12.789
- P. D. Leedy, and J. E. Ormrod, Practical research: Planning and design (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2010.