- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Ontology Knowledge based Information Retrieval for User Query Interpretation
사용자 질의 의미 해석을 위한 온톨로지 지식 기반 검색
- Kim, Nanju (Dept. of Computer Engineering Hannam University) ;
- Pyo, Hyejin (Dept. of Computer Engineering Hannam University) ;
- Jeong, Hoon (Dept. of Computer Engineering Hannam University) ;
- Choi, Euiin (Dept. of Computer Engineering Hannam University)
- Received : 2014.03.06
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
Semantic search promises to provide more accurate result than present-day keyword matching-based search by using the knowledge base represented logically. But, the ordinary users don't know well the complex formal query language and schema of the knowledge base. So, the system should interpret the meaning of user's keywords. In this paper, we describe a user query interpretation system for the semantic retrieval of multimedia contents. Our system is ontological knowledge base-driven in the sense that the interpretation process is integrated into a unified structure around a knowledge base, which is built on domain ontologies.
Semantic Search;Ontology;Knowledge Base;Named Entity Recognition;Query Graph Construction
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- JM, Kim, HS, Jeong, "Ontology-Based TV program search and matching", Korea Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 161-171, 2011.
- HW, Jeong, KS, Kim, HM, Jeong, "Semantic Search Technology Trends", Weekly Technology Trends 1431, Industry Promotion Agency, Vol. 1432, pp. 14-27, 2010.
- DK, Lee, JH, Kwon, "Considering your interest in recent social search algorithm", Korea Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 187-194, 2011.
- Q. Zhou, C. Wang, M. Xiong, H. Wangand Y. Yu, "SPARK: Adapting Keyword Query to Semantic Search", In proceeding of ISWC/AWWC, pp. 694-707, 2007.
- T. Tran, P. Cimiano, S. Rudolphand R. Studer, "Ontology-Based Interpretation of Keywords for Semantic Search", LNCS Vol. 4825, 2007.
- E. Makela, "Survey of Semantic Search Research", in Proceedings of the Seminar on Knowledge Management on the Semantic Web, 2005.
- OWL: Web Ontology Language Reference (http://www.w3c.org/TR/owl-ref/), W3C, 2004.
- Y. Lei, V. Uren and E. Motta, "SemSearch: A Search Engine for the Semantic Web", LNCS(LNAI), Vol. 4248, 2006.
- M. Lee, M. Kim, J. Yeom, K. Lee, Y. suh, H. Kim and J. cho, "Ontological Knowledge Base-Driven Framework for Semantic Multimedia Contents Retrieval", Proc. 14th Int. Conf. Advanced Communication Technology, 2012.