- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Efficiency Analysis for the Public Activities Support Projects of Non-Profit Private Organizations using DEA
비영리민간단체의 공익활동 지원사업 효율성분석
- Choi, Hong-Geun (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University) ;
- You, Yen-Yoo (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University)
- Received : 2014.04.11
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
This study suggests consulting directions for non-profit private organizations which were found to be inefficient in the efficiency analysis for the public activities support projects on those organizations performed by the Korean government. An ANOVA analysis on seven types of public activities support projects showed that there were differences among those types. By applying CCB-I, BCC-I, Super efficiency models among DEA, performance efficiencies were analyzed. Four input elements (age of the organization, supported amount, number of members, and the number of workers) and three output elements (project scores, financial scores, and comprehensive scores) were analyzed, and high efficient organizations were found as benchmarking objects, and, through super efficiency analysis, those objects were classified into short, mid, and long-term objects. Through such methods, this research provided organizations with the best information on other organizations to learn from and improve themselves.
Supported by : 한성대학교
- Sisasangsik Sajeon, Jisik engine Research Center,Bakmungak, 2013
- Charnes A., Cooper W.W, Golany, B, Seiford, L. Stutz, J., "Foundation of Data Envelopment Analysis for Pareto-Koopmans Efficient Empirical Production Functions", Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 30, pp. 91-107. 1985 https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(85)90133-2
- Etzioni, Amitai. (1973). The Third Sector and Domestic Missions. Public Administration Review. Jily/Aug
- Levitt T. The Third Sector: New Tactics for A Responsive Society (Nwe York Amacom Press), 1973
- Salamon, L. M.. "The rise of the nonprofit sector: A Global 'Associational Revolution'."Foreign Affairs, 73(4):109-122, 1999.
- The Government Performance Evaluation Basic Law, Article 2-6 (enforced in April 2006)
- The office of Prime Minister, Civil Society support project evaluation report, 2011
- Gazley, B. and Brudney, J., "The Purpose (and Perils) of Government on profit Partnership." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 36(3): pp. 389-415, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1177/0899764006295997
- Korea NPO Joint Conference, White Paper of Private Non-profit Organizations and government, 2010
- The Department of Security and Public Administration, Evaluation Report of Non-Profit Private OrganizationsPublicActivityProjects, 2012
- The office of Prime Minister, 2011 Government Affairs Assessment Plan, 2011
- Poister, T. H. Performance Monitoring, Lexington: Health. 1983
- Whole, J. S. & H. P. Hatry. (). "The Case for Performance Monitoring," Public Administration Review, 52: pp. 604_610, 1992 https://doi.org/10.2307/977173
- Kim, Myeong-Su, Public Policy evaluation , Bakmungak 2000
- Choi, Chang-Su and Tae-Yeong Kim, Private non-profit Organizations, business evaluation and application of the model building,, Korea Research Administration, 14(1), pp. 3-33. 2005
- The Board of Audit and Inspection of Korea, Policy for the assessment of business operating Performance audit manual 2005
- Kettle, F. Donald, The Global Public Management Revolution: A Report on the Transformation of Governance. Washington D.C.: Brookings Institution Press, 2000
- Anderson,P, N, and Pertesen, N.C, "A Procedure for Ranking Efficent Units in Data Envelopment Analysis", Management Science, 39(10), pp. 1261-1264, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.39.10.1261
- Lee, Un-Guk, The theory and practice of Local government productivity measurement Seoul: jipmundang, 2003
- Charmes, A., Cooper, W.W and Rhodes, E, "Evaluating Program and managerial Efficency: An Applicaiton of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow through", Management Science, 27(6), pp. 668-697, 1978.
- Kim, Jin-Han and Jae-Hyeong Min, "A Study on Selection of Input and Output Elements of the DEA model, Using Partial Efficiency Information," Korean Management Association Journal, Vol. 23, No. 1.: 201-217, 1998.
- Yang, Dong-Heon & Y. Y, You, 'An Empirical Study on Competitive Analysis Using DEA" Society for e-Business Studies Vol, 17(4), 117-140, 2012.
- Boussofiane, A., Dyson, R.G., Thanassoulis,E., Applied Data Envelopment Analysis, European Journal of operational Research, 52(1), pp. 1-15, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(91)90331-O
- Yu, Geum-Rok, "Treatment method and its Application of Negative Number Materials of Input and Output Elements in DEA Analysis for Efficiency Evaluation," Policy Analysis Association Journal, Vol. 15, No. 4: 173-197, 2007.