- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Mobile Shopping Application Characteristics on Customer Preference : Focusing on Price Sensitivity
쇼핑 애플리케이션의 특성이 애플리케이션의 선호도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 가격민감도를 조절효과로-
- Kwak, Dong-Sung (Chung-Ang University) ;
- Yim, Ki-Heung (Gwang-Ju women University) ;
- Kwon, Jin-Hee (Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2014.03.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
Recently, in order to promote their marketing strategy, the entrepeneurs attach importance to many shopping Application services and execute it. The representative elements of shopping Application are interactivity, information offering, convenience of use. This study verified the effects of interactivity, information supplying, and usage convenience, the application characteristics, on the application preferences and repurchase intentions, and the moderating effects of price sensitivity and usage frequency. The result states that the shopping application characteristics affect the shopping application preference, In terms of price sensitivity, the group with higher price sensitivity showed more significant result on the interactivity and usage convenience, and when the information supplying affects on the application preference, the group with higher price sensitivity showed more significant result than the group with lower price sensitivity.
interactivity;information offering;convenience of use;application preference;price sensitivity
- Aaker, David A.,"Measuring Brand Equity Across Products and Markets," California Management Review, 38(Spring), 102-120, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165845
- Alba, Joseph, John Lynch, BartWeitz, Chris Janiszewski, Richard Lutz, Alan Sawyer and Stacy Wood, "Interactive Home Shopping: Consumer, Retailer and Manufacturer Incentives to Participate in Electronic Marketplace," Journal of Marketing, 61(3), 38-53, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251788
- Anderson, Rolph E. and Srini S. Srinivasan, "E-Satisfaction and E-Loyalty:A Contingency Framework," Psychology and Marketing, 20(2), 123-138, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10063
- Bauer, Hans H., Mark Grether and Mark Leach, "Building Customer Relations over the Internet," Industrial Marketing Management, 31(2), 155-163, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(01)00186-9
- Chang, Tungzong and Albert R. Wildt, "Price, Product Information, and Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22(1), 16-27, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394221002
- Cho-Hyun Jin, "A Study on the Customers Trust and Distrust in Internet Shopping Mall," Journal of Product Research, 25(2), 85-95, 2007.
- Dover, Philip A. and Jerry C. Olson, "Disconfirmation of Consumer Expectations through Trial," Journal of Applied Psychology, 64(2), 179-189, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.64.2.179
- Evans, Philip and Thomass. Wurster, Blown to Bits: How the New Economics of Information Transforms Strategy, Harvard Business School Press, 1999.
- Griffin, Jill, "The Internet's Expanding Role in Building Customer Loyalty," Direct Marketing Garden City, 59(7), 50-53, 1996.
- Hage III, John and Arthur G. Armstrong, Net Gain: Expanding Market through Virtual Communities, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, 1997.
- Hoffman, Donna L. and Thomas P. Novak, "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations," Journal of Marketing, 60, 50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- Jacoby, Jacob, "A Model of Multi-Brand Loyalty," Journal of Advertising Research, 11(3), 25-31, 1971.
- Kim, Linsu, "Crisis Construction and Organizational Learning: Capability Building in Catching-up at Hyundai Motor," Organization Science, 9, 506-521, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.9.4.506
- Kim, So Young, Joo, Young Hyuck, "Perceived Interactivity and Web site Loyalty ; On the Role of Flow as a Mediating Variable," Journal of Consumer Studies, 12(4), 185-208, 2001
- Kim Jong-Ho, Shin Yong-Seob, "The Effects of Flow and Typicality on Consumer Stickiness and Loyalty in the Internet Shopping Mall," Asia Marketing Journal, 6(1), 17-42, 2004.
- Kim Myoung Soo, Ahn Jae Hyeon, Lee Young Seop, "Determinants of Customer Loyalty on the Portal Sites," Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, 13(1), 171-195, 2003.
- Kwak, Dong-sung, Kwon, Jin-Hee, "A Study on the effect of mobile shopping application characteristics on customer preference and repurchase intention," Ph. D. Dissertation, Chung Ang University, 2014.
- Lewis, Laurie K., "Disseminating Information and Soliciting Input During Planned Organizational Change: Implementers' Targets, Sources and Channels for Communicating," Management Communication Quarterly, 13, 43-75, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1177/0893318999131002
- Lynch, John G. and Dan Ariely, "Wine Online: Search Cost and Competition on Price, Quality and Distribution," Marketing Science, Forthcoming, 2000.
- Marmorstein, Howard, Dhruv Grewal and Raymond P. H. Fishe, "The Value If Time Spent in Price-Comparison Shopping: Survey and Experimental Evidence," Journal of Consumer Research, 52-61, 1992.
- Shankar, Venkatesh, Arvind Rangaswamy and Michael Pusateri, Customer Price Sensitivity and the Online Medium, Working Paper, 1999.
- Smith, Robert E. and William R. Swinyard, "Attitude-Behavior Consistency: The Impact of Product Trial Versus Advertising," Journal of Marketing Research, 20(8), 257-267, 1993.
- Urban, Glen L., Bruce D. Weinberg and John R. Hauser, "Premarket Forecasting of Really New Products," Journal of Marketing, 60(1), 47-60, 1996.
- Impacts of Fashion Products Attributes and Mobile Shopping Mall Attributes on Impulse Buying Behavior and Satisfaction in Mobile Fashion Shopping Mall vol.18, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.2.158
- Mobile app Loyalty of Cross-over Shoppers: A Comparison of Korean and Chinese vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.3.293