- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A study on the Debt's Janus-Faced reality as a Way of Capital Finance
자본조달 수단으로써 부채의 양면성에 관한 연구
- Choi, Chang Ho (Dept. of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University) ;
- You, Yen Yoo (Dept. of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University)
- Received : 2014.03.11
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The first, this study analyzed empirically the effects of net profit on sales, total asset turnover and debt ratio on return on equity, the second, verified debt' s mediating effect on return on investment and return on equity and finally, tested the effect of adjusted debt ratio on return on equity in the small medium sized enterprises. Generally speaking, using debt has a positive effect on return on equity. Meanwhile, using debt accelerate return on equity through leverage effect in the quadric function curve model. Eventually, using debt has a positive and negative effects on return on equity. Accordingly, because of the debt' janus-faced reality, using debt is restricted within the level that operating cash flow(or return on asset) excess interest(or rate of interest).
small and medium sized enterprises;debt ratio;interest;return on asset;return on equity;financial consulting
Supported by : 한성대학교
- M. K. Kim, S. H. Lee, S. C. Kim, A Study on the Effect of Debt on Corporate Profitability, Corporate Management Review, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 47-70, 2012.
- M. H. Kim, A Study on the Effects of the Changes of the Asset Structure and Capital Structure on the Value of Firm, Ph.D. Dissertation, Kookmin University. 2007.
- C. J. Kim, Financial Analysis, 2010.
- J. S. Park, J. H. Park, J. H. Jo, Financial Management, 2011.
- S. J. Jeong, The Effect of the Corporate Governance Structure and Capital Structure on Corporate Value in korea, Master Dissertation, Changwon University. 2009.
- C. H. Choi, A Study on the Effects of Capital Structure on Management Performance in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Master dissertation, Hansung University. 2010.
- C. H. Choi, Y. Y. You, A Study on the Effects of Assets Component and Capital Structure on Management Performance in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises for Financial Consulting, Productivity Review, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 401-425, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.25.3.201109.401
- C. H. Choi, Y. Y. You, A Study on the Effects of Financial Structure on Management Performance in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises for Financial Consulting, The Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 73-82, 2012.
- H. S. Choi, J. H. Byun, Capital Structure and Performance of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises listed in the KOSDAQ Market, Journa of SEM Finance, Vol. 332, pp. 61-81, 2013.
- S. H. Hong, The Effects of Corporate Ownership and Capital Structure on the Operating Performance, Master Dissertation, Dankook University. 2009.
- L. S. Whang, Lecture Note for CFO, 2011.
- Altman, E, A Further Empirical Investigation of the Bankruptcy Cost Question, Journal of Finance, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 1067-1089, September 1984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6261.1984.tb03893.x
- F Modigliani, M.H Miller, The cost of capital, corporation finance and the theory of investment, The American Economic Review, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 262-297, 1958.
- F Modigliani, MH Miller, Corporate income taxes and the cost of capital: A correction, The American Economic Review, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 433-443, 1963.
- Jensen, M.C., Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Cost and Ownership Structure, Journal of Finance Economics, Vol. 3, pp. 305-360, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-405X(76)90026-X
- Myers, C., The Capital Structure Puzzle, Journal of Finance, Vol. 39, pp. 575-592, July1984. https://doi.org/10.2307/2327916
- Myer, S. and Majluf, Corporate Financing and Investment Decision When Firms Have Information that Investors Do not Have, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 13, No. 2 pp., 137-221, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-405X(84)90035-7
- Penman, S.H.,, Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation, McGraw-Hill International Edition, New York. 2007.
- Soliman, M.T.,, The use of Dupont Analysis by market participants, Accounting Review Vol. 83, pp. 823-854, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr.2008.83.3.823