- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Behavioral Intention on Education Service Quality of the Merchant College - The Mediating effect of student satisfaction -
상인대학 교육서비스 품질이 행동의도에 미치는 영향 -학생만족의 매개효과-
- Ko, Hyun (Dept. of Venture Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Dept. o fInformation Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2014.04.23
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
In this study, We investigated the correlation between the education service quality for small business in the merchant college, and student satisfaction and behavioral intention. For this purpose, a factor relationship between the education service quality, and student satisfaction and behavioral intention was examined focusing on the existing literature and previous studies. Also, a survey was conducted for a total of 450 traditional market merchants in metropolitan areas who have completed education from the merchant college for analysis. The result of this study are as follows. First, The relationship between educational service quality and behavioral intention, and student satisfaction except tangibles had significant impacts, Second, student satisfaction was shown to have a positive mediating effect on the relationship between educational service quality and behavioral intention.
Traditional Market;Merchant College;Education Service Quality;Student Satisfaction;Behavioral Intention
- The Seoul Institute "Traditional Market Research Report and Activation Satatus of Seoul", pp. 1-2, 2012.
- Agency for Traditional Market Administration. 2011
- Kun-Hee Park, "The influence of perceived educational Service quality on students satisfaction and relationship marketing of students majoring in dance", The Korean Journal of Physical Education-Humanities and social Sciences, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 463-473, 2009.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A. & Berry, L. L., "SERVQUAL: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Customer Perception of Service Quality", Journal of Retuiling, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 12-40, 1988.
- Hill, F. M., "Managing Service quality in higher education: the role of the student as primary consumer", Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 10-21, 1995.
- Cuthbert, P. F., "Managing Service quality in HE: is SERVQUAL the answer? Qart1", Managing Service Quality, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 11-16, 1996.
- Owlia, M. S., "Aspinwall, E. M.," A model for the measurement and improvement of quality in engineering education", Advances in Industrial Engineering applications and practice, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1150-1155, 1996.
- Dobbins, T. R., "Experiential Components of agricultural teacher education". Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, 1999.
- Hyun-Joo Hwang, "A Study on Measuring the Quality of University Services-with emphasis on the relation ship with the students' intention of re-enrollment", Ph. D. Dissertation, Chungnam National University, 2002.
- Kyung-Cheol Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Evaluative Criteria in College education Service on Service Quality, Student satisfaction and Behavioral Intention", Ph. D. Dissertation, Sang Myung University, 2006.
- Ji-Eun Oh, Dae-Kwon Kim, "An Exploratory Study on the University educational Service Quality Evaluation-Focusing on Undergraduate Students Majoring in Tourism-", Korean Journal of Hotel Administration, Vol. 17, No. 6, 2008.
- Joo-Woo Kim, Yong-Gu Kim, "Effect of Eduction Service Quality affecting Student Satisfaction in Cyber University", The Journal of digital Policy & Management, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 115-127, 2010.
- Sun-Yong Park, "The Association among Educational Quality, Student's Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention", Ph. D. dissertation KyungPook National University, 2011.
- Jae-Gab Yu, "A Study on Relationship Patterns of the Service Quality Variables for the University Online/offline Lectures", Ph. D. Dissertation, Chungnam National University, 2011.
- Myung-Ho Park & Hyung-Ji Jo, "Reconceptualization of Customer satisfaction", Asia Marketing Journal, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 126-151, 1999.
- So-Yon Jun, "The Effects of Perceived Quality Factors on the Customer Loyalty : Focused on the Analysis of Difference between PB and NB", Ph. D. Dissertation, Hanyang University, 2009.
- Joo-Sung Park, Jong-Ho Kim & Yong-Seop Shin, "The Effects of University education Service Quality Factors on the Students' Satisfaction, Intention of Continuing Studies, and word-of-Mouth", Asia Marketing Journal, Vol. 4 No. 4, pp. 51-74, 2002.
- Kyu-Hwan Choi, "An Effects of Evaluation on the Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention in Tourism Education", Journal of Consumption Culture Research, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 135-152, 2005.
- Bettencourt, L. A., "Customer Voluntary Performance : Coustomer As Partmersin Service Delivery", Journal of Retailing, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 383-406, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90024-5
- Cronin, J. J., Brady, M. K. & Hult, G. T. M. "Assessing the effects of Quality, Value, and Customer Satisfaction on Customer behavioral intentions in Service environments", Journal of Retailing, Vol. 75, No. 2, pp. 193-218, 2000.
- Boulding, W., Kalra, A., Staelin, R. & Zeithaml, V. A., "A Dynamic Process model of Service Quality form Expectation to Behavioral Intentions", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 7-27, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172510
- Hyun-SookSeo, "Analysis of Casuality Relation Between Causes & Effects of Multi-dimensional Convenience", Ph. D. Dissertation, Kyunghee University, 2010.
- In-HoHwang, "A Study on the Measurement of Education al Service Quality and Structural Causality of Student Satisfaction", Ph. D. Dissertation, Gyeongsang National University, 2005.
- Geum-Soon Hong, "A Study on Each Level of Educational Service Quality on Customer's Satisfaction and Loyalty : Focused on Quality of College Educational Service", Ph. D. Dissertation, MyongJi University, 2006.
- Betz, E. L., Klingensmith, J. E. & Menne, J. W., "The Measurement and Analysis of College Student Satisfaction", Vol. 3, pp. 110-118, 1970.
- Lee, H. S., Lee, Y. K., & Yoo, D. K., "The determinants of Perceived Service Quality and Its relationship with Satisfaction, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 217-231, 2000.
- Taylor, S. A. & Baker, T. L., "An assesment of the relationship between Service Quality and Satisfaction in the formation of Consumer's Purchase intention", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 70, pp. 163-178, 1994.