- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Improvement of Coherence and Validity between CLD and SFD of System Dynamics
시스템 다이내믹스의 CLD와 SFD의 일관성 및 타당성 개선에 관한 연구
- Jung, Jae Un (BK21Plus Groups, Dong-A University) ;
- Kim, Hyun Soo (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2014.04.19
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
System Dynamics(SD) is one of the complexity theories that has attracted attention as a computer-aided simulation methodology to analyze a dynamic problem and to develop a policy(strategy) in social science. Though there are properly unproven cases in research models which were developed in various fields by SD methodology during the last five decades, they are utilized as models to represent SD sub-theories. For this reason, this study targeted the population dynamics model which was frequently utilized to explain SD fundamentals and it proved errors of reasoning a structure of the existing causal and dominant feedback loop. Consequently, we presented a strategy to strengthen the coherence between CLD(causal loop diagram) and SFD(stocks-and-flows diagram) for improving validity of the existing model. The findings of this study contribute to the advancement of the existing SD and to the reinforcement of validation for policy research models of SD.
Causal Loop Diagram;Coherence;Stocks-and-Flows Diagram;System Dynamics;Validity
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Forrester, Industrial Dynamics, MA: MIT Press, Reprinted by Pegasus, 1961.
- Forrester, Urban Dynamics, MA: MIT Press, Reprinted by Pegasus, 1969.
- Sterman, Business Dynamics-System Thinking and a Complex World, Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Introduction to System Dynamics(http://www.systemDynamics.org/what-is-s)
- Kim, D. H., Systems Thinking, Seoul: Sunhaksa, 2006.
- Kim. D. H., Moon, T. H. and Kim, D. H., Sytem Dynamics, Soeul: Daeyoung MunWha Publishing Co., 2001.
- Richardson, Problem in Causal Loop Diagrams Revisited, System Dynamics Review, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 247-252, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1727(199723)13:3<247::AID-SDR128>3.0.CO;2-9
- Jung, J. U. and Kim, H. S., A Study on Theoretical Improvement of Causal mapping for Dynamic Analysis and Design, Korean System Dynamics Review, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 33-60, 2009.
- Jung, J. U. and Kim, H. S., A Study on Ensuring Validity and Increasing Power of Expression on Causal Maps, Korean System Dynamics Review, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 97-115, 2007.