- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Quality Requirements of Administrative Data Using Statistical Purposes
행정정보의 통계적 활용을 위한 품질요건에 관한 연구
- Jang, On-Soon (Graduate school of Public Policy and Information Technology Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 장온순 (서울과학기술대학교 IT정책전문대학원)
- Received : 2014.04.14
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
This study aims to improve the openness of administrative data and to make extensive use of it in the academic and policy development, analyzing the quality requirements as the users' view of administrative data using statistical purposes. Conducted the exploratory analysis on the case of the Transaction-based Price Index of Housing, applying the administrative data of Realestate Transaction Management System in Korea, based on Denmark's 7 quality indicators for the statistical use of administrative data. According to the results of this study, the administrative data could improve the efficacy of the policy by facilitating the collection of the statistical data which help analyzing the actual market situations. On the other hand, the data have some constraints in adding the required items to producing the statistics, or improving the timeliness problem, due to the characteristics focused on the civil service.
Administrative Data;Evidence-based Policy;Administrative Data Quality;Quality Indicators;e-Government
- Robinda Prabhu. Opportunities and Limitations of big data in evidence-Based Policy making, NORWEGIAN BOARD of TECHNOLOGY, 2013
- Statistics Korea, Guidelines of Statistics-based policy management system, 2009.
- National Information Society Agency, Case of data quality management in US-Focuson the DQA-, pp.3, 2012.
- Ministry of security and Public Administration, Public Data Management Guidelines (Notification No. 2014-13), 2014
- Korea Database Agency, A Guideline for Data Quality Management, pp.69-76, 2012
- Statistics Korea, Manual for National statistical quality management, pp.10-12, 2011.
- Eurostat, Quality Assessment of Administrative data for Statistical Purposes, Working Group "Assessment pf Quality in Statistics" Sixth meeting, Luxembourg, pp.12-14, 2003
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Final report on the action research and pilot project for Transaction-based Price Index for the National Housing Market, 2009.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Housing Policy Division, Understanding of real estate transactions reporting system, 2008.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Seminar kit of Policy of Real estate and using the Transaction-based Housing Price Indices (Co-sponsored by Korea Appraisal Board), 2009.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, The first publication of Transaction-based Price Index for the National Housing Market (Press release), 2009.
- Statistics Korea, Standard manual for using the administrative data and protection of the private Information, 2011.
- Administrative Data Taskforce, The UK Administrative Data Research Network: Improving Access for Research and Policy, 2012.
- Statistics Korea, Midterm(2011-15) Strategy for advancement of official statistics: Utilization of Administrative Data, 2013.
- Gi-beom Nam, Contemporary Public Policy Lecture, Korean Studies Information Co. Ltd, 2006.
- Keun Namkung, Policy-making structure and process, Policy environment, Graduate School of Public Policy and Information Technology, Seoul National University of Technology (Teaching materials), 2004.
- Kun Yoon, Challenges for implementation of the Evidence-Based reforming Policy on the public sector, BK21, Graduate School of public administration, Seoul National University, 2012.
- Sophie Sutcliffe and Julius Court, Evidence-Based Policymaking : What is it? How does it work? What relevance for developing countries?. Overseas development Institute, 2005.
- Amy Pollard and Julius Court, How Civil Society Organisations Use Evidence to Influence Policy Processes: A literature Review, Overseas development Institute, 2005
- Ji-young Kim, Evidence-based Policy improving the efficiency of public investment, Seoul Welfare Foundation, Welfare Issue Today, 2013.
- Korea arts and culture education service, A study on the development of statistical data for the Evidence-based policy-making of arts and culture education, 2010.
- Jeffrey B. Liebman, Building on Recent Advances in Evidence-Based Policy making, BROOKINGS, 2013.