- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Maritime Police Investigation Training for Improvement Maritime Crime Investigation Competency
해양범죄의 수사역량 강화를 위한 해양경찰 수사교육전문화에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jae-Woon (Korea Institute of Criminology)
- 김재운 (한국형사정책연구원)
- Received : 2014.04.14
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
In Korea, all investigations of maritime crime such as murder, robbery, drug trafficking, and illegal fishing that have been committed at sea are under the jurisdiction of maritime police. As maritime crimes tend to have more unique cases, cause damage on a larger scale, and be limited to evidence that is possibly contaminated, compared to non-maritime crimes, the cases demand maritime police investigators with a higher level of expertise. However, there is currently a lack of competent investigators in the maritime police, leading to the training of maritime police investigators in training agencies. so many of maritime investigators goes to land police training agency including Korean Police Investigation Academy. Therefore, in order to improve the capabilities of maritime crime investigation we must first gather information and data in relation to maritime crimes to foster more investigation specialists, and establish specialized training agencies offering a training course more focused on maritime crimes.
Maritime Crime;Maritime Police;Criminal Investigation;Police Training;Scientific Investigation
- Jong-Hwui Yun, Seung-Gi Gug, Eun-Bang Lee, Jae-Dong Lim, Sung-Jung Ko, A Study on the Improvement of educational Systems of Korea National Maritime Police Agency, Journal of the Korean Society of Maritime Environment & Safety, Vol 9, No. 1, pp.79-87, 2003.
- Ho-Dae Cho, Improvement of Korea Maritime Police Training, Korean Journal of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, No. 15, pp.199-225, 2003.
- Sang-Yeol Lee, A Study on developmental Plan of Korea Coast Guard education & Training System, Journal of Korean Public Police and security Studies, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp.25-46, 2008.
- Korea Coast Guard, 2013 White Paper, Incheon:Korea Coast Guard, 2003.
- Eui-Gi Shin, Kyung-Lyul Lee, A Study on the Establishment of Maritime Police Investigation-Specialized Training Agency, Korea Coast Guard Research Project, Korea Institute of Criminology, 2013.
- Gyu-An Lee, A Study on Maritime Digital Forensic with Necessity, The Journal of the Korean Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 3, No 4, pp.215-220, 2008.
- Ju-Sang Park, Dong-Kyun Park, A Study on Effective Responses of International Maritime Crime by Korea Coast Guard, Journal of Korean Public Police and security Studies, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.65-88, 2010. https://doi.org/10.25023/kapsa.7.3.201011.65
- Yeong Tae Son (2013), The Research on the Confrontation Realities of People's Livelihood Crimes and Improvement Schemes in Korea Coast Guard, Vol. 3, No 1, pp.3-122, 2013.
- Ho-Rae Roh, Pattern Analysis of Maritime Crime and Countermeasures, Korean Journal of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, No. 42, pp.11-46, 2011.