- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Dilemma in Internet Addiction Prevention and Solution Policy for Adolescent
청소년 인터넷중독 예방 및 해소 정책의 딜레마 연구
- Kim, Ju-Kyoung (Policy Research Dept., Seoul Foundation of Women & Family (Korea University, Department of Education))
- 김주경 (서울특별시 여성가족재단(고려대학교 교육학과))
- Received : 2014.04.10
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
The objective for this research is to analyze the origin of the outbreak of a policy dilemma in the government's pursuance of policy aimed at tackling internet addiction among teenagers, as well as analyzing responsive strategy. Therefore, within this research and as the model of the dilemma being the analytical frame, the aspect of the dilemma has been analyzed through the transformation of contexts, conditions, policy values, alternatives, policy actors and policy decision makers. The major research results are as follows. First, each and every dilemma of 'transformation of context and condition', 'policy value and alternatives', 'policy actors' and 'policy decision makers' in processes of policy in preventing and resolving adolescent internet addiction, it acted as a decisive cause in forming the general dilemma of the policy. Second, the government's strategy in policy response within the policy dilemma conditions turned out to be a duplication of policy, occurrence of contradictions, typical response strategy and cyclical choices. Given these factors, the following characteristics have shown up as a result. First, as the problems in duplication of policy and contradictions occurred within a single policy, the government responded to this dilemma in a typical way, which brought about an even more serious dilemma. Second, the government put in effort to re-regulate two values (protection of adolescents and promotion of the video game industry), which are included in the response policy of adolescent Internet addiction. As a result, the policy dilemma has weakened with respect to the past. However, it has not solved the fundamental problems. This research, taking the results as a background, strives to provide implications for establishing a self-consistent groundwork, which combines policy values and vision for the government to pursue effective responsive policy on adolescent internet addiction, which is becoming more and more severe in the information society in which we live.
Adolescent Internet Addiction;Policy Dilemma;Formalism;Cyclic choice;Inaction;Procrastination
- S. M. Park, The Trends and Issues of Adolescent's Internet Addiction Research in Korea, Vol. 13 No. 2, pp. 3-14, 2005.
- J. H. Park, The Relation ship between Temperament and Character, Stress Response and Internet Addiction Tendency among College Students, Vol. 12 No. 1, pp. 29-38, 2006.
- Y. J. Soh et el, Dilemma and Institution Design. Seoul: Nanam, 2009.
- Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, A study on Adolescent Internet Addiction Complete Enumeration and System of Reaction Improvement Plan, 2011.
- Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, Guide Book for Programs about Adolescent Internet Addiction Prevention and Solution. 2011.
- J. H. Yeom et el, An Analysis of Policy reactions in the 6th Republic of Korea = Policy Inconsistency and Dilemma, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp. 4023-4044, 1992.
- G. J. Lee, The Study on A Policy Dilemma Situation and Formalism about Inducing Law School Institution or not in Korea, Vol. 22 No. 1, pp. 81-107, 2008.
- S. J. Lee et el, Parental Mediation of Children's Internet Use -Effect on Internet Addiction, Vol. 24 No. 6, pp. 289-322, 2010.
- J. M. Lee, An Analysis of the Dilemma Factors and Policy Reaction Strategies to education Market Opening, Vol. 24 No. 2, pp. 103-124, 2006.
- J. B. Lee et el Dilemma theory. Seoul: Nanam, 1991.
- J. M. Lee et el, Dilemma as Neglected Topic in Policy Analysis : Search for New Theoretical model, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp. 4003-4022, 1992.
- H. H. Lee, The Case of Adolescents in Island Areas of Chonnam = the Impact of Internet Addiction on Adaptation, Vol. 10 No. 4, pp. 263-288, 2003.
- H. J. Cho, A Study on Dilemma in Policy Making of Teacher Evaluation System and Performance-Based Pay System for Teachers, Vol. 25 No. 1, pp. 185-208, 2007.
- Korea Internet & security Agency, 2011 Internet Use Survey. 2012.
- National Information Society Agency, A Study of the Development of Internet Game Addiction Scale for Children and Adolescent 2006.
- National Information Society Agency, Korea Internet Addiction Survey. 2012.
- Korea Creative Content Agency, 2012 White Paper on Korea Games. 2012.
- K. W. Kim, Relationship Analysis between Adolescent's Internet Addiction Levels and Cybercrime, Vol. 9 No. 2, pp. 23-43, 2012.
- D. I. Kim et el, New Patterns in Media Addiction:Is Smartphone a Substitute or a Complement to the Internet, Vol. 20 No. 1, pp. 71-88, 2012.
- S. T. Kim, A Study on the Legislative Direction for Prevention and Solution of Internet Addiction, Vol. 11 No. 3, pp. 1-39, 2010.
- T. E. Kim et el, Policy Dilemma and Change in Policy as Obstacles of Rationality, Vol. 42 No. 2, pp. 371-399, 2008.
- T. E. Kim, A Study on Change in Institution and Dilemma Action as Substitute: Focused on New Regeneration Energy Feed in Tariff, Vol. 43 No. 4, pp. 179-208, 2009.
- Y. O. Nam, A study on the psychosocial variables of the Youth's addiction to Internet and cyber sex and their problematic behavior, Vol. -. No. 50, pp. 173-207, 2002.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, 2nd Comprehensive Plan for Internet Addiction Prevention and Solution. 2013.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, '14 Promotion Plan for Internet Addiction Prevention and Solution, 2014.
- Policy responses to problematic video game use: A systematic review of current measures and future possibilities vol.7, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1556/2006.6.2017.050