- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Priority Derivation of Policy Plans for ICT SMEs and Ventures' Globalization
정보통신분야 중소벤처기업의 글로벌화 정책방안 우선순위 도출
- Lee, Jungmann (School of Business, Hoseo University) ;
- Cho, Ilgu (Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology)
- Received : 2014.03.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.28
This study analyzed the globalization policy of ICT SMEs and ventures using cognitive map analysis and derived the priority to importance about action plans using AHP model, while the globalization paradigm has been rapidly changing in the ICT industry. Empirical results showed that policy tool variables should be needed to develop because policy goal variables are generally presented more than policy tool variables. In addition, this cognitive map could be characterized by a scarcity of feedback loops which means policy landscape for ICT SMEs and ventures' globalization is unilateral rather than cyclical to reach policy goal from policy tools. Another finding is that creative economy policy variable was not observed as policy tool variable but as policy goal variable. This means creative economy can be implemented through support for ICT SMEs and ventures' globalization. Finally, for detailed policy measures, installation of global start-up center, recruiting and utilization of global specialists, revitalization of ICT R&D international collaboration study, enlargement of global investment network, accompanied overseas advance of large enterprises and SMEs are presented in order in terms of the importance of policy priority.
Venture Company;Globalisation;Analytic Hierarchy Process;Information Technology;Cognitive Map Analysis
Supported by : 호서대학교
- Dong-Hwan Kim, "Policy Dilemma Analysis using Cognitive map Analysis: Focusing on President DJ Kim's Countermeasures to IMF", Korea Public Administration Review, 33(4), pp.279-296, 1999.
- Dong-Hwan Kim, "Lessons of System Thinking to Real Estate Policy, Korea System Dynamics Review, 8(1), pp.187-209, 2007.
- Dong-Hwan Kim and Ji-Young Ahn, "Cognitive map analysis of President Lee on the Policy of Green Growth", Korea System Dynamics Review, Vol.10(4), pp.39-51, 2009.
- Dong-Hwan Kim, "Policy Dilemma in Green Growth: Cognitive Map Approach", Korea System Dynamics Review, 11(2), pp.29-44, 2010.
- Sang Young Oh, "A Study on the Timeliness of Government Support Poilicy for Mid and Small-size Companies Based on System Thinking", Korea System Dynamics Review, 7(2) pp.21-34, 2006.
- Jungmann Lee, et. al. Cognitive Map Analysis on the Policy of SMEs and Ventures in the field of Information Technology, Journal of Korea Contents Association, 13(11), 347-355, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.347
- Jungmann Lee et. al. Global revitalization model for smart IT venture ecosystem using AHP model, The Journal of Digital Policy and Mgt. 11(5):73-81, 2013 May. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.5.073
- Th. L. Saaty, The Analytic Hierarchy Process, Planning, Priority setting, Resource Allocation, New York; MacGraw-Hill, 1980.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and FuturePlanning,, 2013 IT Industry Promotion Annual Report, 2013.
- President Park's inaugural address, 2013, 2. 25.
- President Park's speech for Korea-France business meeting, 2013, 11. 4.
- President Park's speech for 2014 municipal government budget, 2013, 11. 18.
- KIET, Globalisation Status and Implications of Venture Company, 2012.
- M. S. Jung, Comments on SMEs' Successful globalization, SERI, 2011. 4.
- D. G. Bok, Open & Global R & D and leading case study in Korea, SERI, 2012. 6.
- Dongyun, Oh, SME's Globalisation: Model and Management Strategy, KOSBI, 2011.
- Korea Venture Business Association, IT SME Survey, 2012
- NIPA, Strengthening Plan for Global Competency of IT SMEs and Ventures, 2012. 9.
- J. W. Forrester, Industrial Dynamics, Cambridge, The MIT Press., 1961.
- E. F. Wolstenholme, System Enquiry: A System Dynamics Approach, John Wiley & Sons., 1990.
- R. Axelrod, Structure of Decision: The Cognitive Maps of Political Elites, Princeton University Press., 1978.
- C. Eden, "Cognitive mapping and problem structuring for System Dynamics model building, System Dynamics Review, Vol.10(2-3), pp.257-276, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1002/sdr.4260100212