- Volume 59 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Storage Methods and Periods on Root Hardness and Content of Saponin in Platycodon grandiflorum Radix
저장방법과 기간이 도라지 뿌리의 경도와 사포닌함량 미치는 영향
Lee, Byung-Jin;Shin, Young-Yook;Lee, Shin-Woo;Chun, Hyun-Sik;Cho, Young-Son
- Received : 2013.10.22
- Accepted : 2014.03.13
- Published : 2014.06.30
The research was conducted to provide basic information for store temperature which were low and room temperature and packing methods which were vacuum, packing and nitrogen of 3 year-old Platycodon grandiflorum. We investigated hardness and content of saponins, 1) platycodin D3, 2) polygalacin D and 3) deapioplatycodin D, in Platycodon grandiflorum and hardness of Platycodon grandiflorum, which were reduced by increasing storage period and decreased with increasing storing temperature, respectively. The packed storing method was better than others storing methods in low temperature. The high root hardness was significantly related with storing temperature and methods. The content of saponins in Platycodon grandiflorum, i.e., platycodin D3 and polygalacin D were reduced during storing period, however, the content of deapioplatycodin D was increased during storing period.
hardness;Platycodon grandiflorum;saponin;store methods
- Park, Y. M. 2000. Posthavest quality changes of fall-season lance asia Bell Roots as influenced by storage temperature and packing methods. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 41(4) : 369-373.
- Tada, A., Y. Kanejwa, J. Shoji, and S. Shibata. 1975. Studies on the saponins of the root of Platycodon grandiflorum A, De Can dolle. I. Isolation and the structure of platycodin D. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 23 : 2965-2972. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.23.2965
Wang, C., G. B. Schuller Levis, E. B. Lee, W. R. Levis, D. W. Lee, B. S. Kim, S. Y. Park, and E. Park. 2004. Platycodin D and D3 isolated from the root of Platycodon grandiflorum modulate the production of nitric oxide and secretion of TNF-
$\alpha$in activated RAW 264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 4 : 1039-1049. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2004.04.005
- Zhao, H. L., K. H. Cho, Y. W. Ha, T. S. Jeong, W. S. Lee, and Y. S. Kim. 2006. Cholesterol-lowering effect of platycodin D in hypercholesterolemic ICR mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 537 : 166-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2006.03.032
- 성낙주, 서종권 1998. 장생도라지의 약리 작용 Proceeding Inst. Agr. Res. Utill. Symposium for 50th Anniversary GSNU. 35-47.
- Ahn, K. S., E. J. Noh, H. L. Zhao, S. H. Jung, S. S. Kang, and Y. S. Kim. 2005. Inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase II by Platycodon grandiflorum saponins via suppression of nuclear factor-kB activation in RAW 264.7 cells. Life Sci. 76 : 2315-2328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2004.10.042
Choi, C. Y., J. Y. Kim, Y. S. Kim, Y. C. Chung, J. K. Seo, and H. G. Jeong. 2001. Aqueous extract isolated from platycodon grandiflorum elicits the release of nitric oxide and tumor necrosis factor-
$\alpha$from murine macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 1 : 1141-1151. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-5769(01)00047-9
- Kim, J. H., N. S. Koo, E. H. Kim, and Sohn, H. J. 2002. Changes in sensory characteristics and chemical constituents of raw ginseng roots individually packaged in a soft film during storage. J. Ginseng Res. 26(3): 145-150. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2002.26.3.145
- Konishi, T., A. Tada, J. Shoji, and O. Tanaka. 1976. The structures of platycodin A and C, monoacetylated saponins of the roots of Platycodon grandiflorum. Chem Pharm Bull (ToKyo). 26 : 668-670.
- Lee, H., R. Kang, Y. S. Kim, S. I. Chung, and Y. Yoon. 2010. Platycodin D inhibits adipogenesis of 3T3 L1 cells by modulating kruppel like factor 2 and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma. Phytother Res. 24 : 161-167. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.3054
- Lim K. H. 1971. A Medicinal Phytology (The details). Dong Myoung Sa, Seoul. p 281.
- Park, I. S., E. M. Kang, and N. S Kim. 2000. Highperformance liquid chromatographic analysis of saponin compounds in Bupleurum falcatum. J. chromatographic Sci. 38 : 229-233. https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/38.6.229
- Establishment of tissue culture and acclimation of white balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorum DC. cv. Jangback) for the raising of in vitro propagated seedlings vol.41, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2014.41.3.134
- Anti-pruritic Effect of Ethanol Extracts from Platycodon grandiflorum and its fermented production in Scratching Behavior Mouse Models vol.29, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2014.29.6.165.
- Changes in Platycoside Components and Antimicrobial Activities of Bronchus Disease-Inducing Bacteria of Fermented Platycodon grandiflorum Root by Lactic Acid Bacteria vol.45, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.7.1017
- Comparison of quality characteristics of Platycodon grandiflorum according to steaming and fermentation vol.22, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2015.22.6.851
- Effects of Drying Temperature on the Saponin and Free Sugar Contents of Platycodon grandiflorum Radix vol.46, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.6.769
Supported by : 농촌진흥청