- Volume 34 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Different Seeding Dates on Agronomic Characteristics and Productivity of Sudangrass hybrid and Oat in Cropping After Corn for Silage in Kyeongbuk
경북지역에서 옥수수 후작 수단그라스간 교잡종 및 귀리의 파종시기가 생육특성 및 수량성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2014.04.07
- Accepted : 2014.05.12
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of different seeding dates on agronomic characteristics, forage quality, dry matter (DM) and dry matter digestible (DDM) yields of sudangrass hybrid (Sorghum bicolor(L.) Moench) and oat (Avena sativaL.) at Seongju in Kyeongbuk from 2012 to 2013. The experiment was arranged in randomized complete block design with three replications. Sudangrass was seeded five times seeding dates of 10 days interval ranging from
Sudangrass;Oat;Productivity;Summer seeding dates
- AOAC. 1995. Official method of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical chemists, Washington DC.
- Shin, C.N., Park, M.W., Shin, J.S., Lim, K.B., Ko, K.H., Kim, J.D., Ko, B.R. and Lee, J.J. 2013. Establishment of compatible cropping system for forage production in different agroclimatic region. Proceedings of 2013 Annual Congress of Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. pp.172-175.
- Shin, C.N., Shin, J.S., Lim, K.B., Ko, K.H., Kim, J.D. and Kim, J.G. 2012. Dry matter yields and feed value of corn for silage and sorghum hybrids for forage cropping systems. Proceedings of 2012 Annual Congress of Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. pp.194-195.
- Shin, C.N. and Kim, B.H. 1993. Dry matter yield and feed value of oat plant at various planting and harvesting date in fall. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 13: 294-299.
- Barnes, J.P. and Putnam, A.R. 1986. Evidence for allelopathy by residues and aqueous extracts of rye(Secale cereale). Weed sci. 34:384-390.
- Campbell, R.B., Karlen, D.L. and Sojka, R.E. 1984. Conservation tillage for maize production in the U.S. Southeasten Coastal Plain, Soil Tillage Res. 4:511-529. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-1987(84)90002-3
- Goering, H.K. and Van Soest, P.J. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Agriculture Handbook No.397. ARS. USDA. Beltsvile.
- Jin, H.J., Song, J.S. and Yang, J.S. 1994. Effect of soil and forage crop growth by cattle manure. Annual Research Report. National Institute of Animal Science, RDA. PP. 951-965.
- Kim, D.A. 1987. Forage crops. Seonjin Publish Company. Seoul. pp.236-238.
- Kim, D.A. and Kim, W.H. 1993. Effect of winter annual forage crops on growth, yield and quality of silage corn. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 13:122-131.
- Lee, M.Y. 1998. Effects of cropping systems on dry matter yield and nutritive value of forages in Kyonggi area. Ph.D. thesis, Seoul National Univ. Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, J.K. and Kim, D.A. 1993. Effect of different seeding dates on the agronomic characteristics, forage yield and quality of fall sown oats. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 13:195-202.
- Kim, W.H. 1994. Effects of crop residues and their management on the growth, yield and nutritive value of silage corn. Ph.D. thesis, Seoul National Univ. Seoul, Korea.
- KHCF. 2012. Forage productivity of sudangrass hybrids in cropping after corn for silage. Kyonsan Hanwoo Cooperative Federation (KHCF).
- Linn, J.G. and Martin, N.P. 1989. Forage guality tests and interpretation. AG-FO-2637, Minnesota Extension, USA.
- NACF, 2012, Report on adaptation of foreign grass and forage cultivars imported. National Agriculture Cooperative Federation (NACF).
- SAS. 1999. SAS user;s guide statistics. SAS Inst, In, Cary. NC.
- Comparison of Agronomic Characteristics, Productivity and Feed Values of Summer Sowing Sorghum Hybrids in Gyeongbuk vol.35, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.2.99
- Effect of Sowing and Harvest Time on Forage Yield and Feed Value of Spring and Fall Oats at Youngnam Mountain Area vol.38, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2018.38.2.126