- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Application Study of High-Strength Steel(HSA800) for the Special Structure
특수구조 대상으로 고강도 강재(HSA800)의 현장 적용성 연구
- Kim, In-Ho (Posco R&D Center. Research & Engineering Division) ;
- Lee, Hee-Su (CS Structural Engineering Inc.) ;
- Park, Sung-Yong (CS Structural Engineering Inc.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Soo (CS Structural Engineering Inc.)
- Received : 2014.05.02
- Accepted : 2014.06.02
- Published : 2014.06.15
The purpose of this study is to increase applicability of high strength steel, HSA800 to the structure. Selected study of structure is to consider high strength steel, and following parts, 1) Tensile member with no consider of buckling, 2) Truss existing both tension and compression members with small slenderness ratio. This studied structure is included tension column hang on to the upper bridge truss. The structure element quantity with apply HSA800 instead of SM570 is reduced about 38.9% of tension column and 29.7% of bridge truss. In addition, the number of element's division is reduced about two sections due to reduction of self weight that the crane is able to lift up. This improves to reduce erection sequence and construction period which can save about a month. All connections are reviewed as welding and bolt. Also, the cost of welding is reduced about 41.3% due to apply HSA800. In conclusion, applying HSA800 to the hanging structure aggressively can secure economic and constructability.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Jung, M.Y(2010) Current Development and Application of High-Strength Steel for Building Systems in Japan, Proceedings of Annual Academic or Technical Conference (in Korean)
- KS (2011) KS D 5994, High-performance rolled Steel for building structures.
- Lee, M.J. (2012) Code Comparisons for Limiting the Application of HSA High Performance Steels, Journal of KSSC, V6, pp.261-262
- Kim, D.H(2012) Material Tests of the HSA800 - the High Performance Steel for Building Structures, journal of KSSC, pp.445-458
- Kim, J.R(2011) Research on Design Criteria of High-strength Steel, Research Report, KSSC.
- Lee, C.H.(2012) Compressive Strength and Residual Stress Evaluation of Stub Columns Fabricated of High Strength Steel, Journal of KSSC, V24, pp.23-34. https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.1.023
- Ramussen, K.J.R and Hancook, G.J.(1992) Plate Slenderness Limits for High Strength Steel Sections, Journal of Construction Steel Research, KSSC, Vol. 23, pp.73-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-974X(92)90037-F
- Yoo, J.H. (2012) Structural Behaviors of Built-up Squares Tubular Compression Members Fabricated with HSA800 High Performance Steels under Concentric Axial Loading, Journal of KSSC, Vol. 24, pp.435-442
- Kim, T.S.(2012) A Study on Compressive Strength of Built-up H Shaped Columns Fabricated with HSA800 High Performance Steels, Journal of KSSC, Vol. 24, pp.627-636 https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.6.627
- Yoo, J.H. (2013) Evaluation on Applicability of Built-up Square Tubular Compression Members Fabricated with HSA800 High Performance Steel Considering Local Buckling, Journal of KSSC, Vol. 25 pp.223-231. https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2013.25.3.223
- Oh, S.H (2012) Structural Performance Evalu ation of Beam to Column Connections with High Strength Steel(HSA800), Journal of AIK-RA, pp.329-333.
- Kim, H.W(2013) Welded Joint Tests of the HSA800 with 900MPa Welding Material, Journal of KSSC, pp.229-230.
- Lee, C.H.(2013) Tensile Testing of Groove Welding Joints Joining thick-HSA800 Plate, journal of KSSC, V25, pp.445-458
- Architectural Institute of korea (2009) Korea Building Code and Commentary - Structural, Architectural Institute of Korea