- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Applying Connectivity Analysis for Prioritizing Unexecuted Urban Parks in Sungnam
연결성 분석을 통한 성남시 미집행 공원의 조성 우선순위 선정
- Ahn, Yoonjung (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Kun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Hogul (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Mo, Yongwon (Graduate School, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2014.05.13
- Accepted : 2014.06.24
- Published : 2014.06.30
An urban ecosystem is a complex system that includes social, economic and ecosystems. Therefore, it is important to consider its environmental capacity while developing a city plan. Most of the plans, however, consider only the social aspects, which fragments the green spaces and disturbs the movement of species. Sungnam has approximately 100 parks with unexecuted development plans and with great potential to contribute towards urban ecosystem enhancement. Therefore, this study applied network analysis to prioritize the development of city parks and contribute towards improving the green network, with Parus spp. as the target species. To compensate for the drawbacks of binary and possibility-based network analysis, this study included two indices, namely
Supported by : 환경부
- Urban, D. and Keitt, T. 2001. Landscape connectivity: a graph-theoretic perspective. Ecology, 82(5): 1205-1218. https://doi.org/10.1890/0012-9658(2001)082[1205:LCAGTP]2.0.CO;2
- Park, Chan-Ryul. 1994. Establishment and management of urban forests for the inhabitation of wild birds. Graduate School, Seoul National University.
- Lee, Woo-Sin․Park, Chan-Ryul․Rhim, Shin-Jae․Hur, Wee-Haeng․Jung, Ok-Sik․Choi, Chang-Yong․Park, Young-Su․Lee, Eun-Jae. 2010. Wild Animal Ecological Management. Life Science. pp. 183.
- Moon, Seok-Ki․Sung, Hyun-Chan․Koo, Bon-Hak․Byun, Byung-Seol․Yoo, Hyeon-Seok․ Lee, Dong-Keun․Lee, Sang-Moon․Lee, Eun-Yup․Lee, Eun Hee․Lee, Jae-Joon․ Jeon, Seong-Woo․Jeon, Young Ok. 2010. Envrionmental Planning. Bomondang.
- Oh, Kyu-Shik and Jeong, Seung-Hyun. 2005. An Assessment of the Spatial Distribution of Urban Parks using GIS. Korea Planners Association, 40(3): 189-203
- Saura, S. and Pascual-Hortal, L. 2007. A new habitat availability index to integrate connectivity in landscape conservation planning:Comparison with existing indices and application to a case study. Landscape and Urban Planning, 83(2-3): 91-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2007.03.005
- Saura, S. and Rubio, L. 2010. A common currency for the different ways in which patches and links can contribute to habitat availability and connectivity in the landscape. Ecography, 33(3): 523-537.
- Song, Won-Kyong. 2011. Habitat network Modeling of Leopard Cat(prionailurus begalensis). Graduate School, Seoul National University.
- Song, Won-Kyong․Lee, Dong-Kun․Kim, Eun-Young. 2012. Measuring Connectivity in Heterogenous Landscpae a review and Application. Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment 21(3): 391-407.
- Song, Won Kyong․Lee, Dong-Kun․Kim, Eun-Young. 2013. Habitat connectivity Assessment of Tits Using a Statistical Modeling Focused on Biotop Map of Seoul, South Korea. Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment 22(3): 119-130. https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2013.22.3.219
- Sungnam-Si. 2009. Sungnam Ecological Map.
- Walker, B. and Salt, D. 2006. Resilience thinking: sustaining ecosystems and people in a changing world. Island Press.
- Zetterberg, A.․Mortberg, U. M. and Balfors, B. 2010. Making graph theory operational for landscape ecological assessments, planning, and design. Landscape and Urban Planning, 95(4): 181-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2010.01.002
- Bodin, O. and Saura. S. 2010. Ranking individual habitat patches as connectivity providers:Integrating network analysis and patch removal experiments. Ecological Modelling, 221(19): 2393-2405. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2010.06.017
- Bunn, A.․Urban, D and Keitt, T. 2000. Landscape Connectivity: A Conservation Application of Graph Theory. J. Environ. Manage. 59: 265-278. https://doi.org/10.1006/jema.2000.0373
- Collinge, S. K. and Forman, R. T. R. 1998. A conceptual model of land conversion processes:predictions and evidence from a microlandscape expriment with grass insect, Oikos, 82: 66-84. https://doi.org/10.2307/3546918
- Dingemanse, N. J.․Both, C.․van Noordwijk, A. J.․Rutten, A. L. and Drent, P. J. 2003. Natal dispersal and personalities in great tits (Parus major). Proceedings. Biological Sciences / The Royal Society, 270(1516): 741-7. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2002.2300
- Garcia-Feced, C.․Saura, S. and Elena-Rossello, R. 2011. Improving landscape connectivity in forest districts: A two-stage process for prioritizing agricultural patches for reforestation. Forest Ecology and Management, 261(1), 154-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2010.09.047
- Greenwood, P. J.․Harvey, P. H. and PERRINS, C. M. 1978. Inbreeding and dispersal in the great tit.
- Hashimoto, H.․Natuhara, Y. and Morimoto, Y. 2005. A habitat model for Parus major minor using a logistic regression model for the urban area of Osaka, Japan. Landscape and Urban Planning, 70(3-4), 245-250. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2003.10.020
- Hong, Suk Hwan and Kwak, Jeong In. 2011. Characteristics of Appearance by Vegetation Type of Paridae in Urban Forest of Korea 25(5): 760-766.
- Jeong, Hyu Jin․Cho, Eun A․Ko, Hyeon Seo and Jang, Gab Sue. 2012. A Research on the Reproductive Properties of Great Tits in the Urban Forests. The Korea Society For Environmental Restoration And Revegetation Technology 15(5): 155-163. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2012.15.5.155
- Kang, Wan-Mo and Park, Chan-Ryul. 2011. Quantitative Analysis of Seoul Green Space Network with the Application of Graph Theory. Korea Soecity of Envrionment and Ecolgoy 25(3): 412-420.
- Lee, Hyoun Mee. 2013. An urban park development and management strategy for industrial complex 1 in Seongnam City through publicprivate partnership. Graduate School, Seoul National University.
- Lee, Woo-Sin․Koo, Tae-hee․Park, Jin-Young. 2000. Birds of Korea. LG Sangnok Foundation. pp. 250-253.
- The Selection of Suitable Site for Park and Green Spaces to Increase Accessibility and Biodiversity - In Case of Seongnam City - vol.18, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2015.18.5.13
- The Evaluation of Connectivity between Natural Environment (Forests and Rivers) and Neighborhood Parks Inside Cities in Gyeonggi-do vol.18, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2015.18.5.49