- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Linux-based ARINC 653 Health Monitor
리눅스 기반 ARINC 653 헬스 모니터
- Yoon, Young-Il (LIG Nexone) ;
- Joe, Hyunwoo (Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Hyungshin (Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2014.03.03
- Accepted : 2014.05.01
- Published : 2014.06.30
The software running on avionic system is required to be highly reliable and productive. The air transport industry has developed ARINC Specification 653(ARINC653) as a standardized software requirement of avionics computers. The document specifies the interface boundary between avionics application software and the core executive software. Dependability in ARINC 653 is provided by spatial and temporal partitioning whilst fault-tolerance is provided by health monitoring mechanism. Legacy real-time operating systems are used to support ARINC653 health monitor on integrated modular avionics(IMA). However, legacy real-time operating systems are costly and difficult to modify the kernel. In this paper, we suggest a Linux-based ARINC653 health monitor. Functionalities to support ARINC653 health monitor are implemented as a Linux kernel module and its performance is evaluated.
ARINC 653;Linux;Health monitor;IMA;Fault tolerance
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- P. Paul, L. Kinnan, "Safety-critical Software development for Integrated modular avionics," Embedded System Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 7 pp.40-41, 2003.
- ARINC report 653 "Design Gudance for Integrated Modular Avionics" Aerionautical Radio Inc. Annapolis MD 1991.
- S. Slawomir, "ARINC Specification 653 Based Real Time Software Engineering," e-Informatica Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.39-49 2011.
- RCTA. DO-178-B, "Software Consideratons in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification," Technical Report RCTA Paper No. 548-92/SC167-177, RCTA, 1140 Connecticuit Avenue, Wasgington D.C., 1992.
- K. Kushal, "Myths and realities of real-time linux software systems," Proceedings of Real-Time Linux Workshop, pp.13-18, 2009.
- C.H. Song, "Focus on Advanced Avionics Technology," IT SoC Magazine No. 34, pp.24-31. 2009 (in Korean).
- S.H. Han, J.S. Seok, H.W. Jin, "A Partition Scheduling Scheme to Support Efficient Mixed Partitioning," Journal of KIISE : Computer Systems and Theory, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.85-89, 2013 (in Korean).
- VxWorks 653, http://www.windriver.com/products/platforms/s afety_critical_arinc_653/ (accessed on 20 on Feb 2014)
- POK, http://pok.safety-critical.net/ (accessed on 20 on Feb 2014)
- LynxOS-178 http://www.lynuxworks.com/rtos/rtos-178.php (accessed on 20 on Feb 2014)
- M. Masmano, Y. Valiente, , P. Balbastre, I. Ripoll, A. Crespo, J. Metege, "LithOS: a ARINC-653 guest Operating for XtratuM," Proceedings of Realtime Linux Workshop, 2011.
- Y.K. Ko, S.H. Lee, S.Y. Park, C.B. Ban, D.L. Kang, J.Y. Jeong, C.H. Lee, "HM System Design for Fault Tolerance on the IMA System," Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No. 8 pp.77-86 2012 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.08.077
- S.H. Han, H.W. Jin, "Kernel-Level ARINC 653 Partitioning for Linux", Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp.1632-1637, 2012.
- H.W. Joe, H.A. Jeong, Y.I. Yoon, H.S. Kim, S.H. Han, H.W. Jin. "Full virtualizing micro hypervisor for space flight computer," Proceedings of IEEE/AIAA Conference on Digital Avionics Systems, pp.1-24, 2012.
- Arinc Specification 653, Airlines Electronic Engineering Commitee "Avionics Application Software Standard Interface," ARINC, 2010.
- S., Serigio, R. Jose, S. Tobias, T. Cassia, W. James, "A Portable ARINC 653 standard interface," Proceedings of IEEE/AIIA Conference on Digital Avionics System, pp.1.E.2.1-7, 2008.