- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Soil Amendment Blended with Soldier Fly Casts and Coco Peat on Physicochemical Properties of Sand Soil
동애등에분변토와 코코피트가 혼합된 토양개량제가 모래의 이화학성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Young-Sun (HyosungO&B Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Sang-Beom (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Ham, Suon-Kyu (Daejung-golf Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lim, Hye-Jung (Taejun Agrotech Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Young-Cheol (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Park, Kwan-Ho (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- Received : 2014.02.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.16
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of the mixture ratio of soil amendments blended with coco peat (Coco) and American soldier fly cast (SFC) on the physicochemical properties on the sand green. pH and EC of soil were significantly related to mixture ratio of SFC, Mix1, Mix2 and Mix3. Capillary porosity, air-capillary porosity and total porosity of root zone mixed SFC, Coco, Mix1, Mix2 and Mix3 were met to the USGA green specification. The mixture ratios of Mix1 and Mix2 in root zone were positively related capillary porosity and total porosity, and air-capillary porosity was negatively related capillary porosity and hydraulic conductivity. Capillary porosity of Mix1, Mix2 and Mix3 blended SFC and Coco was affected by SFC and Coco, and total porosity by Coco. These results showed that soil amendments blended SFC and Coco was developed capillary porosity and hydraulic conductivity on the USGA sand green than these of SFC.
American soldier fly cast;capillary porosity;total porosity
- Shin, H.S., Hwang, E.J. and Gee, C.S. 1998. Food residuals management in Korea. J. KORRA. 6(2):1-6. (In Korean)
- Tingle, F.C., Mitchell, E.R. and Copeland, W.W. 1975. The soldier fly, Hermetia illucens in poultyr housed in north central Florida. J. Ga. Entomol. Soc. 10:179-183.
- Lee, S.B., Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lim, H.J., Choi, Y.C. et al. 2013. Effect of soldier fly casts mixed soil on change of soil properties in root zone and growth of zoysiagrass. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(3):298-305. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.3.298
- Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S. and Ham, S.K. 2009. The change of soil physicochemical properties by mixture ratio of inorganic soil amendments. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(2):271-278. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, S.B., Ham, S.K., Lim, H.J. and Choi, Y.C. 2011. Soil physicochemical properties by applied with mixed ratio sodier fly (Hermetia illucens) Casts. Asian J. Turfgass Sci. 25(1):106-111. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S. and Kim, B.T. 2007. Effect of food-waste and poultry manure compost on the growth of young radish and change of soil properties. J. of KORRA. 15(1):159-168. (In Korean)
- NIAST. 1998. The analysis of soil and plant. NIAST. Suwon. Korea. (In Korean)
- NIAST. 1998. The analysis of soil. Suwon. Korea. NIAST. (In Korean)
- Nick, C. 2005. Environmentally sound turfgrass management. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 19(2):177-183.
- Park, C.M., Han, D.S., Hwang, K.S. and Lee, Y.B. 1991. Effects of source and mixing ratio of topsoil on physico-chemical properties of green. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 5(2):59-68. (In Korean)
- Park, C.Y., Choi, J., Park, K.D., Jeon, W.T., Kwon, H.Y., et al. 2000. Change of physical properties on long - term fertilization of compost and silicate in paddy soils. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 33(3):175-181. (In Korean)
- Sheppard, D.C., Newton, G.L., Thompson, S., Davis, J., Gascho, G., et al. 1998. Using soldier flies and a manure management tool for volume deduction, house fly control and reduction, house fly control and feed stuff production, In G-wen roland (de.), Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education, Southern Region, 1998.
- Sheppard, D.C. and Newton, G.L. 2000. Valuable by products of a manure management system using the black soldier fly-a literature review with some current results. Proceedings, 8th International Symposium-Animal, Agricultural and Rood Processing Wasteds, 9-11 October 2000. Des Monies, IA, American Soiciety of Agricultural engineering, St. Joseph, MI. USA.
- Hong, S.Y. 2010. The measured rate system of food residuals and resources evaluation. J. of KORRA. 18(4):20-29. (In Korean)
- Bondari, K. and Sheppard, D.C. 1987. Soldier fly, Hermetia illucens L., larvae as feed for channel catfish, Ictalurus puctatus Rafinesque, and blue tilapia, Oreachomis aureus (Steindachner). Aquaculture. Fish. Mgt. 18:209-220.
- Ha, S.M., Jang, G.W., Han, K.P., Hong, J.H. and Lee, J.J. 2005. Changes of physico-chemical properties and maturity assessment during composting of turfgrass clipping types from the golf courses. J. KORRA. 13(4):89-99. (In Korean)
- Hale, O.M. 1973. Dried Hermetia illucens larvae (Diptera: Stratiomyidae) as feed additive for poultry. J. Ga. Entonol. 8:16-20.
- Joo, Y.K. 1993. The measurement of soil conditioning effects of organic materials. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 7(1):13-18. (In Korean)
- Joo, Y.K., Lee, W.H. and Lee, M.C. 2006. Application of geographical information system on golf course design for reduction of environmental impacts. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 20(1):93-105. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.G., Lee, K.B., Lee, S.B., Lee, D.B. and Kim, S.J. 1999. The effect of long - term application of different organic material sources on chemical properties of upland soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 32(3):239-253. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.G. and Jung, K.Y. 2000. Amount of maximum compost application on the long-term application with different organic material sources in upland soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 33(3):182-192. (In Korean)
- Kim, S.H. 2010. Recently policy and progress for decreasing food wastes. J. of KORRA. 18(4):13-19. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. and Lim, H.J. 2010. Change of soil physicochemical properties by mixed ratio of 4 types of soil amendments used in golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):205-210. (In Korean)
- An, Y.T., Kim, S.T., Kim, I.S., Kim, J.W., Kim, H.J., et al. 1992. Standard and practice for management in golf course. KTRI. (In Korean)