- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Detail Investigation of Major Diseases Occurrence and Pathogen Population on Turfgrass Cultivation in Nationwide
국내 잔디 재배지 주요 병해 발생 및 병원균 밀도 조사
- Min, Gyu Young (Daejung Golf Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jung Han (Daejung Golf Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kwak, Youn-Sig (Research Institute of Life Science, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2014.03.26
- Accepted : 2014.06.15
- Published : 2014.06.30
We investigated turfgrass diseases and inoculum density at nationwide turfgrass cultivation sites in year of 2013. Occurrences of large patch and rust disease appeared in September. Brown patch recorded in September to October at Namhea and Pythium blight disease occurred outbreaks in early July at Namhea site. Some sites in Namhea damaged 3% area of total cultivation field by Sclerotinia homoeocarp. In Daepyeong (Gyeongnam), Fairy ring and large patch were recorded. Severe takeall and fairy ring have been observed in Gochang-si. Multi-site in Cheongju-si, brown patch was observed in pandemic level. Interesting enough, a cool-season turfgrass cultivate sites in Pyeongtaek-si brown patch, leaf blast, summer patch, and Curvularia leaf spot were investigated during the surveys period. Inoculum densities (Rhizoctonia spp.) at turfgrass cultivations sites were increased as cumulatively in all survey sites. The investigation result indicated that the disease occurrence and pathogens are similar as diseases in golf courses.
Inoculum density;Large patch;Turfgrass cultivation;Turfgrass diseases
- Beard, J.B. and Green, R.L. 1994. The role of turfgrasses in environmental protection and their benefits to humans. J. Environ. Qual. 23(3):452-460.
- Cha, J., Lee, J.H., Kim, J.H., Shim, G.Y. Bae, E. Kwak, Y, et al. 2012. First report of take-all on turfgrass caused by Gaeumannomyces graminis var. graminis in Korea. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):72-73.
- Chang, S.W., Jung, S.W., Kim, S., Park, J.H. and Lee, J.Y. 2013. Control effect on dollar spot disease caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa under different application rates and intervals with two mixed fungicides. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(4):408-412. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.4.408
- Chang, T.H. and Lee, Y.S. 2010. Occurrence of brown patch disease and turfgrass survival of cool season turfgras cultivar in species during summer season. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):117- 124. (In Korean)
- Couch, H.B. 1995. Diseases of turfgrasses, 3rd ed. Krieger Publishing Co., Malabar, FL, USA.
- Dekker L.W., Doerr, S.H., Oostindie, K., Ziogas, A.K. and Ritsema, C.J. 2001. Water repellency and critical soil water content in a dune sand. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 65(6):1667-1674. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2001.1667
- Jang, Y.H., Seo, D.J., Kim, K.Y., Park, R.D. and Jung, W.J. 2011. Characteristics of chitinase produced from Lysobacter enzymogenes MG18S against brown patch of turfgrass. J. Chitin Chitosan. 16(4):229-236.
- Karnok, J.K. and Tucker, K.A. 1999. Dry spots return with summer. Golf Course Mgt. 67(5):49-52.
- KFRI. 2013. A detail survey of occurrence of major pests on turfgrass cultivation. Korea Forest Research Institute. Korea, Seoul, Korea. p. 2.
- Lee, J.H., Oh, S., Kim, D.S. and Kwak, Y. 2014. First report of leaf blight disease caused by Fusarium verticillioides (Teleomorph Gibberella moniliformis) in Kentucky bluegrass J. Phytopathol. 162:345-347. https://doi.org/10.1111/jph.12193
- Paulitz, T.C. and Schroeder, K.L. 2005. A new method for quantification of Rhizoctonia solani and R. oryzae from soil. Plant Dis. 89(7):767-772. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-89-0767
- Shim, G.Y., Kim, H.K., Bae, D.W., Lee, J.T. and Lee, H.J. 1997. Integrated control of large patch disease caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG2-2 by using fertilizers, fungicides and antagonistic microbes on turfgrasses. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 11(3):173-183. (In Korean)
- Shim, G.Y., Kim, J.W. and Kim, H.K. 1994. Occurrence of Rhizoctonia blight of zoysiagrasses in golf courses in Korea. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 10(1):54-60. (In Korean)
- Shim, G.Y., Min, G.Y., Shin, H.D. and Lee, H.J. 2000. Occurrence dollar spot caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa in turfgrass of golf course in Korea. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 14(1):241-250. (In Korean)
- Smith, J.D., Jackson, N. and Woolhouse, A.R. 1989. Fungal diseases of amenity turf grasses. E and F. N. Spon, New York, USA.
- Morphological Characteristics and Occurrence of Yellow Tuft on Zoysiagrass (Zoysia japonica) in Cultivation Fields vol.5, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.1.17
- Soil Properties and Growth Characteristics by Production Periods of Zoysiagrass Sods vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.262