- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Occurrence of Weed Species in Coix lacryma-jobi var. mayuen Fields
율무밭에 발생하는 잡초 양상
- Lee, In-Yong (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Chang-Seok (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Jeongran (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Han, Jeong-A (Gyeonggi-Do Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Hoon (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Mi-Seon (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Song, Hee-Kun (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Duk-Hwan (Kyungpook National University)
- 이인용 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김창석 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 이정란 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 한정아 (경기도농업기술원 소득자원연구소) ;
- 김경훈 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김미선 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 송희근 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김덕환 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학)
- Received : 2014.03.13
- Accepted : 2014.06.13
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted in order to utilize the basic data for weed control by surveying the occurrence of weed species and the degree of damages caused by those weeds occurred in cultivated Coix lacryma-jobi var. mayuen fields. Survey was carried out three times, from June to September in 2013. The weed flora was composed of a total of 98 weeds, 33 family, of which 58 species were annual, 21 species were biennial, and 19 were perennial plants. Thirty-one exotic species were included as well. Dominance was the highest with Digitaria ciliaris followed by Acalypha australis, Echinochloa crus-galli, Portulaca oleracea, Bidens frondosa etc. in order. In the PCA plot analysis, weeds occurred in C. lacryma-jobi var. mayuen fields were divided into three groups, Panicum dichotomitlorum community, Echinochloa crus-galli-Sigesbeckia pubescens community and Acalypha australis community. Yield of C. lacryma-jobi var. mayuen was reduced 60% in no weeding plots comparing to that in weed management plots.
Coix lacryma-jobi var. mayuen;PCA analysis;Weed
- Yi, E.S. and Yoon, S.T. 1994. Effects of planting density on growth and yield in Coix lachma-jobi L. var. mayuen Staff. Korean J. Intl. Agri. 13(1):64-70. (In Korean)
- Raunkiaer, C. 1934. The life forms of plants and statistical plant geography. Oxford University Press. Oxford. UK.
- Park, J.E., Lee, I.Y., Park, T.S., Lim, S.T., Moon, B.C. et al. 2003. Occurrence characteristics of weed flora in upland field in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 23(3):277-284. (In Korean)
- Park, S.H. 2009. New illustrations and photographs of naturalized plants of Korea. Ilchokak Inc., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Park, Y.J. 2005. A effect on the swimming ability in Job's tears intake amount. JKSSPE 9(4):57-64. (In Korean)
- Ryu, H.S. 2008. Effects of Job's tears(Yul-Moo) extracts on mouse splenocyte and macrophage cell activation. Korean J. Food & Nutr. 21(1):1-6. (In Korean)
- Ryu, H.S and Kim, H.S. 2005. Effects of Job's tears(Yul-Moo) extracts on mouse immune cell activation. J. Korean Dietetic Asso. 11(1):44-50. (In Korean)
- Seaby, R.M.H. and Henderson. P.A, 2007. Community analysis package 4 - Reference manual and user' guide to CAP for window program. PISCES, UK.
- Seo, D.S., Jang, J.H., Kim, N.M., and Lee, J.S. 2009. Optimal extraction condition and characterization of antidementia acetylcholinesterase inhibitor form Job's tears (Coix lachrymajobi L.). Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 17(6):434-438. (In Korean)
- Wikum D.A. and Shanholtzer G.F. 1978. Application of the Braun- Blanquet cover-abundance scale for vegetation analysis in land development studies. Environmental Management 2(4):323-329. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01866672
- Yoon, S.T., Yi, E.S., Kim, K.J. and Yoon, S.G. 1999. Competition of adlay and dominant weeds, and weed control. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 7(2):121-128. (In Korean)
- Yi, E.S., Kim, H.D., Kim, N.S., Yoon, S.T., and Lee, D.J. 2007. Physicochemical properties of adlay grain in several different lines. Korean J. Intl. Agri. 19(1):29-32. (In Korean)
- Kang, S.J., Lee, C.H. and Seo, S.H. 2007. Effect of water-extracts from sludge compost on seed germination. J. Bio-Environ. Control 16(4):407-414. (In Korean)
- Gwak, M.J., Chung, S.J., and Kim, Y. 2012. Sensory drivers of liking for adlay(Coix lachryma-jobi) tea. Korean J. Food culture 27(5):512-520. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2012.27.5.512
- JanzekoviE, F., and Novak, T. 2012. PCA-A powerful method for analyze ecological niches. Edited by Parinya Sanguansat, 127 p.
- Kang, C.H., Yook, W.B., Kim, D.H., and Yun, J.G. 2000. Effects of nitrogen fertilization on growth characteristics and grain yield of Job's tears. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 33(5):340-346. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.D. 2012. Literature on the quality and effect of Job's tears(Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. mayuen S.). Korean J. Agri. History 11(1):89-122. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.T., Kwack, Y.H. and Kim Y.C. 1996. Growth and yield of Job's tears(Coix lachryma-jobi L.) at different planting density and time under dry and flooded paddy field. Korean J. Crop Sci. 41(5):558-562. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.T., Park, H.S., Kim, S.M. and Lee, S.H. 1997. Effects of water potential on plant growth and aerenchyma development in adlay(Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. mayuen). Korean J. Crop Sci. 42(6):778-782. (In Korean)
- Kim Y.H., Kil, J.H, Hwang, S.M, and Lee, C.W. 2013. Spreading and distribution of Lactuca scariola, invasive alien plant, by habitat types in Korea. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(2):138-151. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.2.138
- KNA(Korea National Arboretum). 2007. A synonymic list of vascular plants in Korea. Korea National Arboretum. Pochen. Korea.
- Kwak, C.S., Lim, S.J., Kim, S.A., Park, S.C., and Lee, M.S. 2004. Antioxidative and antimutagenic effects of Korean buckwheat, sorghum, millet and Job's tears. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 33:921-929. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.6.921
- Legendre, P., and Legendre, L. 1998. Numerical Ecology. Elsevier: Amsterdam, p. 853.
- Braun-Blanquet. J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie: grundzuge der vegetationskunde. Zweite, umgearbeitete und vermehrte Auflage. Springer-Verlag: Wien. p. 865.
- Curtis, J.T. and Mc Intosch, R.P. 1950. The interrelations of certain analytic and synthetic phytosociological characters. Ecol. 31:434-455. https://doi.org/10.2307/1931497
- Characteristics of Flora on Dry Field Margins in Korean Peninsula vol.34, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2015.34.2.11
- Weed Flora Diversity and Composition on Upland Field of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.159
- Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188
- Occurrence of Weed Flora and Their Yield Loss in Angelica gigas Upland Fields of Minor Crop in Korea vol.5, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.2.65