- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Occurrence of Weed species in Cultivated Ligularia fischeri Fields
곰취밭에 발생하는 잡초양상
- Lee, In-Yong (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Chang-Seok (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Jeongran (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Jonghwan (Gangwon-Do Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Hoon (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Mi-Seon (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Song, Hee-Kun (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Duk-Hwan (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University)
- 이인용 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김창석 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 이정란 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김종환 (강원도 농업기술원) ;
- 김경훈 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김미선 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 송희근 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 김덕환 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학)
- Received : 2014.03.04
- Accepted : 2014.06.13
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted in order to utilize the basic data for weed control by surveying the occurrence of weed species and the degree of damages caused by those weeds occurred in cultivated Ligularia fischeri fields. Survey was carried out five times, on May, June, July, August and October in 2013. The weed flora was composed of a total of 104 weeds, 37 families, of which 55 species were annual, 25 species were biennial, and 24 were perennial plants. Twenty-six exotic species were included as well. Dominance was the highest with Chenopodium album followed by Stellaria aquatica, Echiochloa crus-galli, Conyza canadensis, and Artemisia princeps etc. in order. In the PCA plot analysis, weeds occurred in cultivated L. fischeri fields were divided into three groups, Persicaria thunbergii-Bidens frondosa community, Chenopodium album community and Capsella bursapastoris community. The degree of damages in cultivated L. fischeri fields was investigated by weighing roots of L. fischeri. We found that 56% decreased root weight in no weeding plots comparing to that in weed management plots. We infer from this result that decreased roots will affect to the growing of L. fischeri in following year.
Ligularia fischeri;PCA plot analysis;Weed
- Raunkiaer, C. 1934. The life forms of plants and statistical plant geography. Oxford University Press. Oxford. UK.
- Seaby, R.M.H. and Henderson, P.A. 2007. Community analysis package 4 - Reference manual and user' guide to CAP for window program. Pisces, UK.
- Wikum D.A. and Shanholtzer G.F. 1978. Application of the Braun- Blanquet cover-abundance scale for vegetation analysis in land development studies. Environmental Management 2(4):323-329. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01866672
- Lee, I.Y., Park, J.E., Park, T.S., Ryu, G.H., and Yu, B.S. 1998. Studies on occurrence and control of weeds in edible wild greens field. Korean J. Weed Sci. 18(1):63-68. (In Korean)
- Choi, S.C., Anh, M.S., Ahn, S.Y., Ok, Y.S., Son, J.S., et al. 2009. Effect of nitrogen application rate on growth and yields of Aster scaber Thunb. and Ligularia fischeri Turcz. in the first after transplanting. Kor. J. Environ. Agri. 28(3):243-248. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.3.243
- Curtis, J.T. and Mc Intosch, R.P. 1950. The interrelations of certain analytic and synthetic phytosociological characters. Ecol. 31:434-455. https://doi.org/10.2307/1931497
- JanuekoviE, F., and Novak, T. 2012. PCAA powerful method for analyze ecological niches. p. 127.
- Kang, B.H. 2013. Ecological flora of surrounding resource plants for biological diversity and green survival. Korea Studies Information Publishing. Paju. p. 622. (In Korean)
- Kim, G.T. 2003. A study on the growth, photosynthetic rate and chlorophyll contents of Ligularia fischeri by the growing sites. Jour. Korean For. Soc. 92(4):374-379. (In Korean)
- Kim, C.S., Moon, B.C., Kuk, Y.I., and Oh, S.M. 2007. Distribution status of Cuscuta spp. in southern parts of Korea and germination characteristics of C. pentagona. Korean J. Weed Sci. 27(2):166-172. (In Korean)
- KNA(Korea National Arboretum). 2007. A synonymic list of vascular plants in Korea. Korea National Arboretum. Pochen. Korea.
- Legendre, P., and Legendre, L. 1998. Numerical ecology. Elsevier: Amsterdam, p. 853.
- Park, J.E., Lee, I.Y., Park, T.S., Lim, S.T., Moon, B.C. et al. 2003. Occurrence characteristics of weed flora in upland field in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 23(3):277-284. (In Korean)
- Park, S.H. 2009. New illustrations and photographs of naturalized plants of Korea. Ilchokak Inc., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Braun-Blanquet, J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie: grundzuge der vegetationskunde. Zweite, umgearbeitete und vermehrte Auflage. Springer-Verlag: Wien. p. 865.
- Cho, S.D. and Kim, G.H. 2005. Food product development and quality characteristics of Ligularia fischeri for food resources. Korean J. Food Preserv. 12(1):43-47. (In Korean)
- Cho, H.M., Yun, M.S., Yeon, B.R., Jhoo, J.W., Jung, J.U., et al. 2012. Characteristics of fragrance and chemical composition of essential oils of Ligularia fischeri(Ledeb.) and L. stenocephala. J. Agri. Life. Environ. Sci. 24(3):58-63. (In Korean)
- Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188
- Characteristics of Flora on Dry Field Margins in Korean Peninsula vol.34, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2015.34.2.11
- Dominance and Distribution of Weed Occurrence on Hot Pepper, Soybean, Maize, and Chinese Cabbage Fields of Gyeongbuk Province vol.4, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.2.95
- Dominance and Distribution of Weed Occurrence on Onion, Garlic, Potato, and Barley Fields of Gyeongbuk Province vol.4, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.2.77
- Weed Flora Diversity and Composition on Upland Field of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.159
- Distribution Characteristics of Weeds and Vegetation Types in Dioscorea oppostifolia Thunb. Field vol.3, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.4.269