- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Enhancement of Ginsenosides Conversion Yield by Steaming and Fermentation Process in Low Quality Fresh Ginseng
증숙 발효 공정에 의한 파삼의 진세노사이드 전환 수율 증진
- Choi, Woon Yong (Department of Medical Biomaterials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lim, Hye Won (Shebah Biotech Co.) ;
- Choi, Geun Pyo (Department of Food Processing and Bakery, Gangwon Provincial Collage) ;
- Lee, Hyeon Yong (Department of Food Science and Engineering, Seowon University)
- Received : 2013.12.04
- Accepted : 2014.05.27
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was performed to enhance contents of low molecular ginsenoside using steaming and fermentation process in low quality fresh ginseng. For increase in contents of Rg2, Rg3, Rh2 and CK in low quality fresh ginseng, a steaming process was applied at
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Ahn IO, Lee SS, Lee JH, Lee MJ and Jo BG. (2008). Comparison of ginsenoside contents and pattern similarity between root parts of new cultivars in Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer. Journal of Ginseng Research. 32:15-18. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2008.32.1.015
- Benishin CG. (1992). Actions of ginsenoside Rb1 on choline uptake in central cholinergic nerve endings. Neurochemistry International. 21:1-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-0186(92)90061-U
- Chae JM. (1996). Maceration methods for SEM observation. Keimyung Medical Journal. 15:75-85.
- Chen R, Meng F, Zhang S and Liu Z. (2009). Effects of ultrahigh pressure extraction conditions on yields and antioxidant activity of ginsenoside from ginseng. Separation and Purification Technology. 66:340-346. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2008.12.026
- Choi WY, Lee CG, Song CH, Seo YC, Kim JS, Kim BH, Shin DH, Yoon CS, Lim HW and Lee HY. (2012). Enhancement of low molecular ginsenoside contents in low quality fresh ginseng by fermentation process. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 20:117-123. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.2.117
- Choi WY, Lee CG, Seo YC, Song CH, Lim HW and Lee HY. (2012). Effect of high pressure and steaming extraction processes on ginsenosides Rg3 and Rh2 contents of culturedroot in wild ginseng(Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer). Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 20:270-276. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.4.270
- Doh ES, Chang JP, Lee KH and Seong NS. (2007). Ginsenoside change and antioxidation activity of fermented ginseng. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 18:255-265.
- Han JG, Oh SH, Choi WY, Kwon JW, Seo HB, Jeong KH, Kang DH and Lee HY. (2010) Enhancement of saccharification yield of Ulva pertusa Kjellman for ethanol production through high temperature liquefaction process. Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering Journal. 25:357-362.
- Hong HD, Kim YC, Rho JH, Kim KT and Lee YC. (2007). Changes on physicochemical properties of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer during repeated steaming process. Journal of Ginseng Research. 31:222-229. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2007.31.4.222
- Hu SJ, Jin SH and Choi DM. (2008). Analysis of benzo(a)pyrene in red ginseng beverage. Journal of Food Hygiene and Safety. 23:26-30.
- Jeong HS, Han JG, Ha JH, Jin L, Oh SH, Kim SS, Jeong MH, Choi GP, Park UY and Lee HY. (2009). Enhancement of anticancer activities of Ephedra sinica, Angelica gigas by ultra high pressure extraction. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 17:102-108.
- Jeong HS, Kang TS, Woo KS, Paek KY, Yu KW and Yang SJ. (2005). Effects of cultured wild ginseng roots on the alcoholic fermentation. Korean Journal of Food Preservation. 12:402-410.
- Jo HK, Sung MC and Ko SK. (2011). The comparison of ginseng prosapogenin composition and contents in red and black ginseng. Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy. 42:361-365.
- Kim SN and Kang SJ. (2009). Effects of black ginseng(9 timessteaming ginseng) on hypoglycemic action and changes in the composition of ginsenosides on the steaming process. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 41:77-81.
- Lee NR, Han JS, Kim JS and Choi JE. (2011). Effect of extraction temperature and time on ginsenoside content and quality in ginseng(Panax ginseng) flower water extract. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 19:271-275. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.4.271
- Li XG. (1992). Studies on the transforming mechanism of amino acid components in ginseng in the course of ginseng process. Korean Journal of Ginseng Science. 16:64-67.
- Singh VK, Agarwal SS and Gupta BM. (1984). Immunomodulatory activity of Panax ginseng extract. Planta Medica. 50:462-465. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-969773
- Sung TK, Lee JS and Lee HG. (2012). Benzo(a)pyrene contents in commercial vegetable oils and changes during processing of vegetable oils. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 44:269-273. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.3.269
- Yang SJ, Woo KS, Yoo JS, Kang TS, Noh YH, Lee JS and Jeong HS. (2006). Change of korean ginseng components with high temperature and pressure treatment. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 38:521-523.
- Yi JH, Kim MY, Kim YC, Jeong WS, Bae DW, Hur JM and Jun MR. (2010). Change of ginsenoside composition in red ginseng processed with citric acid. Food Science and Biotechnology. 19:647-653. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-010-0091-1
- Yu KW, Murthy HN, Jeong CS, Hahn EJ and Paek KY. (2005). Organic germanium stimulates the growth of ginseng adventitious roots and ginsenoside production. Process Biochemistry. 40:2959-2961. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2005.01.015
Zhang C, Yu H, Bao Y, An L and Jin F. (2001). Purification and characterization of ginsenoside-
$\beta$-glucosidase from ginseng. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 49:795-798. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.49.795
- Zhou W, Li J, Li X, Yan Q and Zhou P. (2008). Development and validation of a reversed-phase HPLC method for quantitative determination of ginsenosides Rb1, Rd, F2, and compound K during the process of biotransformation of ginsenoside Rb1. Journal of Separation Science. 31:921-925. https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.200700406
- Effect of Anti-Skin Wrinkle and Antioxidant of Agastache rugosa Kentz through Fermentation Process of the lactic acid vol.23, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2015.23.1.37
- Effects of the Hot Water Extract Mixtures from Achyranthes bidentata Blume and Panax ginseng on Osteoclast and Osteoblast Differentiation vol.23, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2015.23.2.117