- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Radio Propagation Model and Spatial Correlation Method-based Efficient Database Construction for Positioning Fingerprints
위치추정 전자지문기법을 위한 전파전달 모델 및 공간상관기법 기반의 효율적인 데이터베이스 생성
- Cho, Seong Yun (Department of Applied Robotics, Kyungil University) ;
- Park, Joon Goo (School of Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2014.02.04
- Accepted : 2014.04.25
- Published : 2014.07.01
This paper presents a fingerprint database construction method for WLAN RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator)-based indoor positioning. When RSSI is used for indoor positioning, the fingerprint method can achieve more accurate positioning than trilateration and centroid methods. However, a FD (Fingerprint Database) must be constructed before positioning. This step is a very laborious process. To reduce the drawbacks of the fingerprint method, a radio propagation model-based FD construction method is presented. In this method, an FD can be constructed by a simulator. Experimental results show that the constructed FD-based positioning has a 3.17m (CEP) error. In this paper, a spatial correlation method is presented to estimate the NLOS(Non-Line of Sight) error included in the FD constructed by a simulator. As a result, the NLOS error of the FD is reduced and the performance of the error compensated FD-based positioning is improved. The experimental results show that the enhanced FD-based positioning has a 2.58m (CEP) error that is a reasonable performance for indoor LBS (Location Based Service).
- K. W. Kolodziej and J. Hjelm, Local Positioning Systems: LBS Applications and Services, Taylor & Francis Group, 2006.
- M. Hazas, J. Scott, and J. Krumm, "Location-aware computing comes of age," IEEE Computer, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 95-97, 2004.
- S. Y. Cho, "Hybrid closed-form solution for wireless localization with range measurements," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 633-639, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1852
- K. H. Lee, C. H. Yu, J. W. Choi, and Y. B. Seo, "ToA based sensor localization algorithm in underwater wireless sensor networks," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 641-648, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2009.15.6.641
- S. Y. Cho and Y. W. Choi, "Access point-less wireless location method based on peer-to-peer ranging of impulse radio ultrawideband," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 733-743, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rsn.2009.0157
- M. Bocquet, C. Loyez, and A. Benlarbi-Delai, "Using enhanced-TDOA measurement for indoor positioning," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 612-614, Oct. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2005.855392
- S. H. Lee, D. H. Kim, G. H. Roh, K. S. Park, and T. K. Sung, "Development of an AOA location method using self-tuning weighted least square," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 683-687, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2007.13.7.683
- S. Y. Cho, "Localization of the arbitrary deployed APs for indoor wireless location-based applications," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electronics, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 532-539, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2010.5505966
- A. S. Kim, J. G. Hwang, and J. G. Park, "Enhanced indoor positioning algorithm using WLAN RSSI measurements considering the relative position information of AP configuration," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 146-151, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.19.2.146
- B. Li, Y. Wang, H. K. Lee, A. Dempster, and C. Rizos, "Method for yielding a database of location fingerprints in WLAN," IEE Proceedings - Communications, vol. 152, no. 5, pp. 580-586, Oct. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-com:20050078
- M. Enkhtur and S. Y. Cho, "Positioning fingerprint DB construction and efficient DB update based on signal propagation feature map," Telecommunications Review, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1017-1030, Dec. 2010.
- J. B. Andersen, T. S. Rappaport, and S. Yoshida, "Propagation measurements and models for wireless communications channels," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 42-49, Jan. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/35.339880
- N. Cressie, Statistics for Spatial Data, John Wiley & Sons, INC., New York, 1991.
- M. Armstrong, Basic Linear Geostaticstics, Springer, Berlin, 1998.
- Improved IEEE 802.11 RSSI Attenuation Log Model by Weighted Fitting Method vol.21, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0070
- Indoor Localization based on Multiple Neural Networks vol.21, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0126
- Semi-supervised Learning for the Positioning of a Smartphone-based Robot vol.21, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0121
- A Modified Residual-based Extended Kalman Filter to Improve the Performance of WiFi RSSI-based Indoor Positioning vol.21, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0093