- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Effective Control Methodology for DC/DC Converter
DC/DC 컨버터의 효율적인 제어기법 연구
- Lho, Young Hwan (Department of Railroad Electricity System, Woosong University)
- 노영환 (우송대학교 철도전기시스템학과)
- Received : 2013.12.20
- Accepted : 2014.05.13
- Published : 2014.07.01
DC/DC converters are commonly used to generate regulated DC output voltages with high-power efficiencies from different DC input sources. The converters can be applied in the regenerative braking of DC motors to return energy back to the supply, resulting in energy savings for the systems at periodic intervals. The fundamental converter studied here consists of an IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar mode Transistor), an inductor, a capacitor, a diode, a PWM-IC (Pulse Width Modulation Integrated Circuit) controller with oscillator, amplifier, and comparator. The PWM-IC is a core element and delivers the switching waveform to the gate of the IGBT in a stable manner. Display of the DC/DC converter output depends on the IGBT's changes in the threshold voltage and PWM-IC's pulse width. The simulation was conducted by PSIM software, and the hardware of the DC/DC converter was also implemented. It is necessary to study the fact that the output voltage depends on the duty rate of D, and to compare the output of experimental result with the theory and the simulation.
- P. C. Adell et Al, "Total-dose and single-event effects in DC/DC converter control circuitry," IEEE Transactions Nuclear Science, vol. 50, no. 6, Dec. 2003.
- N. W. Van Vonno, L. G. Pearce, and G. M. Wood et. al, "Total dose and single event testing of a hardened single-ended current mode PWM controller," NSREC, Jul. 2010.
- M. Kim, I. Shin, and Y. H. Lho, "A study on voltage characteristics of DC/DC converter with IGBT," Proc. of 2013 ICROS Daejeon Chungcheong Regional Conference (in Korean), pp. 131-133, Dec. 2013.
- Data sheet of International IR Rectifier IRG4PC30F Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor.
- S. Choi, "Interval-based controller design considering parameter variations for DC/DC converters," Journal of ICROS (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 879-885, Oct. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.8005
- Y. H. Lho, "Implementation of power buck converter controlled by stable PWM," Journal of ICROS (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 371-374, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.4.371
- Data sheet of UC 3846, Texas Instruments, pp. 4, 2002.
- PSIM Software, Powering Your Design, 2012.
- E. C. Roh, K. B. Jung, and N. S. Choi, "Power electronics," Moon Woon Dang (in Korean), pp. 190-218, 1997.
- S. H. Lee and J. Y. Jung, "Power electronics engineering," Seoul, Hyung Seol Publications Inc. pp. 147-153, 2006.
- Characteristics of Boost Active Power Factor Correction Converter vol.21, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.15.0112