- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design of Process-Inventory Network Considering Backordering Costs
역주문을 고려한 공정-저장조 망구조의 최적설계
- Yi, Gyeongbeom (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- 이경범 (부경대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2014.04.01
- Accepted : 2014.04.24
- Published : 2014.07.01
Product shortage which causes backordering and/or lost sales cost is very popular in chemical industries, especially in commodity polymer business. This study deals with backordering cost in the supply chain optimization model under the framework of process-inventory network. Classical economic order quantity model with backordering cost suggested optimal time delay and lot size of the final product delivery. Backordering can be compensated by advancing production/transportation of it or purchasing substitute product from third party as well as product delivery delay in supply chain network. Optimal solutions considering all means to recover shortage are more complicated than the classical one. We found three different solutions depending on parametric range and variable bounds. Optimal capacity of production/transportation processes associated with the product in backordering can be different from that when the product is not in backordering. The product shipping cycle time computed in this study was smaller than that optimized by the classical EOQ model.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- G. M. Kopanos, L. Puigjaner, and C. T. Maravelias, "Production planning and scheduling of parallel continuous processes with product families," I&EC Res. vol. 50, pp. 1369-1378, 2011.
- A. C. Hax and D. Candea, Production and Inventory Management, New Jersey, Prentice-Hall Inc, 1984.
- D. W. Pentico and M. J. Drake, "A survey of deterministic models for the EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering," European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 214, pp. 179-198, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2011.01.048
- G. Yi, "Optimal design of a process-inventory network under infrequent shutdowns," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 563-568, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1897
- K. Suh and G. Yi, "Optimal design of process-inventory network under cycle time and batch quantity uncertainties," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 305-312, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.3.305
- K. Suh and G. Yi, "Optimal design of process-inventory network considering late delivery costs," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 476-480, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.5.476
- G. Yi and G. V. Reklaitis, "Optimal design of batch-storage network considering exchange rates and taxes," AIChE J., vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1211-1231, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.11161
- Warehouse Inventory Control System Using Periodic Square Wave Model vol.21, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.15.0168