- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Implementation and Balancing Control of a Robotic Vehicle for Entertainment
엔터테인먼트용 로봇차량의 제작과 균형 제어
- Kim, Hyun Wook (LIG NEX 1 Korea) ;
- Cho, Seong-Taek (Mechatronics Engineering Department, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jung, Seul (Mechatronics Engineering Department, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.12.20
- Accepted : 2014.05.13
- Published : 2014.07.01
This paper presents the driving and balancing control of an entertainment robot vehicle that can carry two persons. The entertainment robot vehicle is built with the purpose of carrying passengers with two wheels. It has two driving modes: a balancing mode with two wheels and a driving mode with three wheels. Three cases of different modes are verified by experimental studies. Firstly, a driving mode is tested with two passengers to check the functionality of the vehicle. Secondly, the balancing control performance is tested. Lastly, the balancing control performance under the disturbance is tested.
- F. Grasser, A. Darrigo, S. Colombi, and A. Rufer, "JOE: A mobile, inverted pendulum," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 107-114, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.982254
- H. J. Lee and S. Jung, "Development of two wheeled car-like mobile robot using balancing mechanism: BalBOT VII," Journal of Korean Robotics Society (in korean), vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 289-297, 2009.
- H. J. Lee and S. Jung, "Balancing and navigation control of a mobile inverted pendulum robot using sensor fusion of low cost sensors," Mechatronics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 95-105, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2011.11.011
- K. Pathak, J. Franch, and S. Agrawal, "Velocity and position control of a wheeled inverted pendulum by partial feedback linearization," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 21, pp. 505-513, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.840905
- S. H. Jeong and T. Takayuki "Wheeled inverted pendulum type assistant robot: design concept and mobile control," IEEE IROS, pp. 1932-1937, 2007.
- R. Imamura, T. Takei, and S. Yuta, "Sensor drift compensation and control of a wheeled inverted pendulum mobile robot," IEEE Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 137-142, 2008.
- S. S. Kim and S. Jung, "Control experiment of a wheel-driven mobile inverted pendulum using neural network," IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 297-303, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.903396
- C. C. Tsai, H. C. Huang, and S. C. Lin, "Adaptive neural network control of self-balancing two-wheeled scooter," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1420-1428, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2039452
- C. H. Huang, W. J. Wang, and C. H. Chiu, "Design and implementation of fuzzy control on a two-wheel inverted pendulum," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 2988-3001, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2069076
- H. W. Kim and S. Jung, "Fuzzy logic application to a two-wheel mobile robot for balancing control performance," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 154-161, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.2.154
- H. W. Kim and S. Jung, "Design and analysis of a robotic vehicle for entertainment using balancing mechanism," URAI, pp. 855-857, 2012.
- H. W. Kim and S. Jung, "Design and balancing control of a robotic transportation vehicle for amusement," AVEC, 2012
- H. W. Kim and S. Jung, "Development and control of a personal robotic vehicle for amusement," ICHIT, pp. 574-581, 2012.
- H. W. Kim and S. Jung, "Experimental studies of controller design for a car-like balancing robot with a variable mass," Journal of Korea Institute of Intelligent Systems (in korean), vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 469-475, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.4.469
- H. J. Lee, H. W. Kim, and S. Jung, "Development of a mobile inverted pendulum robot system as a personal transportation vehicle with two driving modes:TransBOT," World Automation Congress (WAC), pp. 1-5, 2010.
- H. S. Kim, H. S. Song, and S. Jung, "Design and control of a wheel-chair robot for handicapped or elderly persons," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 668-673, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.7.668
- P. K. Kim, J. H. Park, M. S. Ha, and S. Jung, "Implementation and balancing control of one wheel robot, GYROBO," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 501-507, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1880
- H. W. Kim, S. T. Cho, and S. Jung, "Driving and balancing control of an entertainment robot vehicle: AmuseTransBot," Proc. of 2013 ICROS Chungchung Regional Conference (in Korean), pp. 95-98, Dec. 2013.
- Experimental Studies on Bouncing and Driving Control of a Robotic Vehicle for Entertainment and Transportation vol.25, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2015.25.3.266
- Experimental Studies of a Time-delayed Controller for Balancing Control of a Two-wheel Mobile Robot vol.26, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2016.26.1.023
- Experimental Setup for Autonomous Navigation of Robotic Vehicle for University Campus vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2016.26.2.105