- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Altitude Control of a Quad-rotor System by Using a Time-delayed Control Method
시간지연 제어기를 이용한 쿼드로터 시스템의 고도제어에 대한 연구
- Lim, Jeong Geun (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jung, Seul (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.07.26
- Accepted : 2014.04.15
- Published : 2014.07.01
This paper presents the altitude control of a quadrotor system under the disturbance. The altitude is measured by an ultra sonic sensor attached at the bottom of the quadrotor system and the measured altitude data are used in the time-delayed controller. To test the robustness of the controller, a weight attached to the center of the system is dropped intentionally several times to cause disturbances to the system. Performances of the altitude control by the PID control and time-delayed control method are compared experimentally. Experimental studies are conducted to verify the outperformance of the time-delayed controller for controlling the altitude of the quadrotor system under disturbances.
- A. Tayebi and S. McGilvray, "Attitude stabilization of a fourrotor aerial robot," 43rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 1216-1221, 2004.
- E. Altug, J. P. Ostrowski, and R. Mahony, "Control of a quadrotor helicopter using visual feedback," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 1, pp. 72-77, 2002.
- Y. S. Sub, "Robust control for a quad-rotor aerial vehicle," Int. J. Appl. Electrumagn. Mech., vol. 18, pp. 103-114, 2003.
- R. Zhang, X. Wang, and K. Y. Cai, "Quadrotor aircraft control without velocity measurements," IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 5213-5218, 2009.
- S. H. Jeong, M. K. Lee, and S. Jung, "Calibration and control of rotor actuation of flymobile by force measurements," URAI, pp. 395-398, 2010.
- T. Dierks and S. Jagannathan, "Output feedback control of a quadrotor UAV using neural networks," IEEE Trans on Neural Networks, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 50-66, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2009.2034145
- S. H. Jeong and S. Jung, "Novel Design and Position Control of an Omni-directional Flying Automobile (Omni-Flymobile)," ICCAS, pp. 2480-2484, 2010.
- S. H. Jeong, S. Jung, and M. Tomizuka, "Attitude control of a quad-rotor system using an acceleration-based disturbance observer: empirical approach," IEEE Conf. on AIM, pp. 916-921, 2012.
- S. Jung, "An Impedance Force Control Approach to a Quadrotor System Based on an Acceleration-Based Disturbance Observer," Journal of Intelligent Robot Systems, September 2013.
- J. G. Lim and S. Jung, "Trajectory planning and control for safe landing of a quadrotor system," Summer Conference of KIEE, 2013.
- S. H. Jeong and S. Jung, "Design and experimental studies of a disturbance observer for attitude control of a quad-rotor system," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1-7, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1890
- H. W. Jeon and S. Jung, "Embedded Kalman filter design using FPGA for estimating acceleration of a time-delayed controller for a robot arm," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 148-154, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2009.15.2.148
- J. G. Lim and S. Jung, "Experimental studies of attitude control of a quad-rotor system using a time-delayed controller," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 381-388, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1945
- S. H. Jeong and S. Jung, "Design, control, and implementation of small quad-rotor system under practical limitation of cost effectiveness," Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, September, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 324-335, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2013.13.4.324
- M. Achtelik, T. Zhang, K. Kuhnlenz, and M. Buss, "Visual tracking and control of a quadcoptor using a stereo camera system and inertial sensors," IEEE Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 2863-2869, 2009.
- E. Altug, J. P. Ostrowski, and R. Mahony, "Control of a quadrotor helicopter using visual feedback," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 1, pp. 72-77. 2002.
- N. Guenard, T. Hamel, and R. Mahony, "A practical visual servo control for an unmanned aerial vehicle," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 24, no.2, pp. 331-340. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2008.916666
- M. Schwager, B. Jullian, M. Angermann, and D. Rus, "Eyes in the sky : Decentralized control for the deployment of robotic camera networks," Proceeding of IEEE, vol. 99, no. 9, pp. 1514-1516, 2011.
- B. Herrise, T. Hamel, R. Mahony, and F. Russotto, "Landing a VTOL unmanned aerial vehicle on a moving platform using optical flow," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, 2011.
- T. C. Hsia and L. S. Gao, "Robot manipulator control using decentralized linear time invariant time-delayed joint controllers," IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2070-2075, 1990.
- K. Youcef-Toumi, "Stability of uncertain linear system with time delay," ASME Trans. on Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 113, pp. 558-567, Dec. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2896458
- Indoor 3D Map Building using the Sinusoidal Flight Trajectory of a UAV vol.21, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0103
- Experimental Studies of a Time-delayed Controller for Balancing Control of a Two-wheel Mobile Robot vol.26, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2016.26.1.023
- Balancing Control of a Mobile Manipulator with Two Wheels by an Acceleration-Based Disturbance Observer vol.15, pp.03, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219843618500056