- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Inspection System of Electric Vehicle Battery Plate Using Image Processing
영상처리를 이용한 전기자동차 배터리 극판의 검사 시스템
- Shin, Dongwon (Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Jin, Byeong-Ju (HW Product Development Team, AJINEXTEX Company Limited) ;
- Yoon, Jang-Kyu (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2013.11.15
- Accepted : 2014.04.14
- Published : 2014.07.01
In this paper, we developed the inspection system of electric vehicle battery plate using image processing. Four cameras are used for acquiring the principal parts of the plate, and several steps of image processing for extracting significant dimensions of the plate such as widths and lengths. As a preceding step, calibration of four cameras is carried for compensating distorted images using dot-arrayed sheet. Coordinate systems for four cameras are defined where one coordinate system is assigned to the reference coordinate system to which the others are relatively described. Line information of the edge in the windowed image is extracted using elaborate edge-detection algorithm, and finally the intersection points between lines are extracted to calculate widths and lengths of the plate from which the error status of the battery plate is decided.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- S.-B. Gwang, S.-H. Lim, and H.-C. Jo, "Image processing technique for an automatic inspection of the surface outlook of high speed moving plate," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), pp. 219-219, Oct. 2000.
- J.-H. Lee, C.-H. Park, and J.-Y. Jeong, "The development of surface inspection system using the real-time image processing," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and System (in Korean), vol. 1, pp. 1274-1277, Oct. 2000.
- J.-S. Lee, J.-J. Lee, M.-R. Kim, I.-J. Park, J.-G. Kim, K.-S. Lee, and W. Nah, "Electric model of Li-ion polymer battery for motor driving circuit in hybrid electric vehicle," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology (in Korean), vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 932-939, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.6.932
- D.-W. Seo, J.-K. Koo, and I.-S. Kim, "A study on the mathematical modeling techniques for hev high-power lithiumpolymer battery," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 6, Dec. 2012.
- J.-H. Park and K.-S. Lee, "The safety of lithium ion polymer battery system for hybrid electric vehicle," Auto Journal (in Korean), vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 44-48, Feb. 2009.
- Y.-J. Choi, K.-S. Yoo, and M.-C. Lee, "Development of the strip off-center meter using line scan camera in FM line," Journal of Control, Automation and System Engineering (in Korean), vol. 11, no. 6, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2005.11.6.518
- B.-N. Kim, H.-Woo. Lee, and K.-M. Kim, "The development of image processing system using area camera for feeding lumber," Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology (in Korean), vol. 37, no. 154, pp. 37-47, 2009.
- W.-S. Kim, H.-C. Do, and S.-I. Chien, "Color inspection system for plasma display panel by using area camera," The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea (in Korean), vol. 26, no. 1, 2003.
- S. Y. Baek, D. H. Lee, M. K. Kim, and J. H. Ahn, "Precision machined evaluation of holes using machine vision," Proc. of KSPE 2012 Autumn Conference (in Korean), 2012.
- J.-K. Park and W. Jung, "Automated inspection system using image processing technology for automotive," Korea Society of Industrial Information System (in Korean), vol. 4, no. 3.
- J.-H. Jung and T.-H. Park, "Pad data extraction method for PCB by image scanner," Proceedings of KFIS Spring Conference 2004 Journal (in Korean), vol. 14, no. 1, 2004.