- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Travel Control of a Spherical Wheeled Robot (Ball-Bot) with Mecanum Wheel
메카넘휠을 적용한 구형바퀴로봇(볼-봇)의 주행제어
- Seo, Beomseok (Department of Electronic Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Jong-Eun (Department of Electronic Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Jee-Seol (Department of Electronic Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jangmyung (Department of Electronic Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2014.05.01
- Published : 2014.07.01
In this paper, the travel control of the spherical wheeled robot with a mecanum wheel is impelemented. Four typical wheels or three omni wheels are used to consist of the ball-bot. the slip is occured when the typical wheels is used to the ball-bot. In order to reduce these slip, the spherical wheeled robot with macanum wheels is proposed. Through some experiments, we find that the proposed spherical wheeled robot with a mecanum wheel is superior to the conventional spherical wheeled robot with typical wheels.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- R. Hollis, "Ballbots," Scientific American Magazine, pp. 72-77, Oct. 2006.
- J. C. Lo and Y. H. Kuo, "Decoupled fuzzy sliding-mode control," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 426-435, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.705510
- C. M. Lin and Y. J. Mon, "Decoupling control by hierarchical fuzzy sliding-mode controller," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 593-598, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2004.843130
- W. Wang, X. D. Liu, and J. Q. Yi, "Structure design of two types of sliding-mode controllers for a class of under-actuated mechanical systems," IET Proceeding of Control Theory and Applications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 163-172, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta:20050435
- T. B. Lauwers, G. A. Kantor, and R. L. Hollis, "A dynamical stable single-wheeled mobile robot with inverse mouse-ball drive," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2884-2889, May 2006.
- S.-H. Kim, J.-O. Lee, J.-M. Hwang, B.-H. Ahn, and J.-M. Lee, "Dynamic modeling and performance improvement of a unicycle robot," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1074-1081, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.11.1074
- H. U. Ha and J. M. Lee, "A control of mobile inverted pendulum using single accelerometer," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 440-445, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.5.440
- C.-H. Huang, W.-J. Wang, and C.-H. Chiu, "Design and implementation of fuzzy control on a two-wheel inverted pendulum," IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 337-345, Jul. 2011.
- S.-H. Lee, "A derivation of the equilibrium point for a controller of a wheeled inverted pendulum with changing its center of gravity," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 496-501, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.5.496
- J.-H. Lee, "Re-analysis of lyapunov stability of PI(D) controllers for regulation of second order servo systems," 13th KACC, Oct. 1998.
- K. J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, Automatic Tuning of PID Controllers. Instrument society of America, 1988.
- Y. Yamamoto, "NXT ballbot model-based design-control of a self-balancing robot on a ball, built with LEGO Mindstorms NXT," Apr. 2009.
- C. Wang, C. Cheng, and T. Lee, "Dynamical optimal training for interval type-2 fuzzy neural network (T2FNN)," IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Cybern., vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 1472-1477, Jun. 2004.
- U. Nagarajan, G. A. Kantor, and R. L. Hollis, "Trajectory planning and control of an underactuated dynamically stable single spherical wheeled mobile robot," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. and Autom., pp. 3743-3748, 2009.
- U. Nagarajan, A. Mampetta, G. A. Kantor, and R. L. Hollis, "State transition, balancing, station keeping, and yaw control for a dynamically stable single spherical wheel mobile robot," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. and Autom., pp. 998-1003, 2009.