- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Comparison Among Yaw and Roll Motion Controllers for Rollover Prevention
차량 전복 방지를 위한 롤 및 요 운동 제어기의 성능 비교
- Yim, Seongjin (Department of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 임성진 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2014.03.06
- Accepted : 2014.04.11
- Published : 2014.07.01
This article presents a comparison among several yaw and roll motion controllers for vehicle rollover prevention. In the previous research, yaw and roll motion controllers can be independently designed for rollover prevention. Following this idea, several yaw and roll motion controllers are designed and compared in terms of rollover prevention. For the yaw motion control, PID, LQR, SMC (Sliding Mode Control) and TDC (Time-Delay Control) are adopted. For the roll motion control, LQR, LQ SOF (Static Output Feedback) control, PID, and SMC are adopted. To compare the performance of each controller, simulation is performed on a vehicle simulation package, CarSim
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration., "Motor vehicle traffic crash injury and fatality estimates, 2002 early assessment," NCSA (National Center for Statistics and Analysis) Advanced Research and Analysis, 2003.
- B. Chen and H. Peng, "Differential-braking-based rollover prevention for sports utility vehicles with human-in-the-loop evaluations," Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 36, no. 4-5, pp. 359-389, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.36.4.359.3546
- A. Y. Ungoren and H. Peng, "Evaluation of vehicle dynamic control for rollover prevention," International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 115-122, 2004.
- J. Yoon, K. Yi, and D. Kim, "Rollover index-based rollover mitigation system," International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 7, no.7, pp. 821-826, 2006.
- S. Yim, Y. Park, and K. Yi, "Design of active suspension and electronic stability control for rollover prevention," International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 147-153, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-010-0020-6
- S. Yim, K. Jeon, and K. Yi, "An investigation into vehicle rollover prevention by coordinated control of active anti-roll bar and electronic stability program," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 275-287, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-012-0208-9
- S. Yim, C. W. Yim, and M.-H. Oh, "An investigation into the structures of linear quadratic controllers for vehicle rollover prevention," Proc. of IMechE, Part D, Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 227, no. 4, pp. 472-480, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407012459462
- Mechanical Simulation Corporation, CarSim User Manual, Version 5, 2001.
- A. E. Bryson and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, New York: Hemisphere, 1975.
- N. Hansen, S. D. Muller, and P. Koumoutsakos, "Reducing the time complexity of the derandomized evolution strategy with covariance matrix adaptation (CMA-ES)," Evolutionary Computation, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1-18, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1162/106365603321828970
- F. Zheng, Q.-G. Wang, and T. H. Lee, "On the design of multivariable PID controllers via LMI approach," Automatica, vol. 38, pp. 517-526, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(01)00237-0