- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Attitude Control of a Quad-rotor using CMG
CMG를 이용한 쿼드-로터의 자세제어
- Oh, Kyung-Hyun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Choi, Ho-Lim (Department of Electrical Engineering, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2013.11.18
- Accepted : 2014.04.16
- Published : 2014.07.01
In this paper, we utilize the CMG's momentum bias to control the roll/pitch attitude of the Quad-rotor. While the previous control approaches have used the thrust control approach, we design and add a new momentum controller (using CMG) in order to improve the transient response over the existing methods. The focal point of this paper is the design of a controller for a Quad-rotor's attitude using CMG. This leads to other tasks such as an identification of the model's parameters and mathematical nonlinear modeling. Then, the previous thrust controller is designed based on the linearized model. Finally, the overall system with our designed controller is implemented and tested in real time to show that the Quad-rotor is kept in a good balanced position faster than the traditional thrust-only control approach.
Supported by : 동아대학교
- N. S. Bedrossian, "Steering law design for redun-dant single gimbal control moment gyro systems," M.S.M.E. Thesis, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology, 1987.
- N. S. Bedrossian, J. Paradiso, E. V. Bergmann, and D. Rowell, 1990, "Redundant single-gimbal control moment gyroscope singularity analysis," Journal of Guidance, Control, Dynamics, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1096-1101. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20584
- W. Bong, D. Bailey, and C. Heiberg, "Singularity robust steering logic for gyros," Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 865-872, Sep.-Oct. 2002.
- W. Bong, D. Bailey, and C. Heiberg, "Rapid multi target acquisition and pointing control of agile spacecraft," Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 96-104, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4854
- S. Bouabdallah, "Design and control of quadrotors with application to autonomous flying," Ph.D. dissertation, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2007.
- P. Castillo, A. Dzul, and R. Lozano, "Real-time stabilization and tracking of a four-rotor mini rotorcraft control systems technology," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 510-516, Jul. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2004.825052
- S. P. Kim and Y. D. Kim, "Attitude stabilization of rigid spacecraft using two momentum wheels," Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 78-85, 2001.
- V. Lappas, W. H. Steyn, and C. I. Underwood, "Torque amplication of control moment gyros," Electronics Letters, vol. 38, no. 15, pp. 837-839, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20020590
- S. W. Lee and H. H. Seo, "Two axis attitude control system design of momentum biased satellite," Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 40-46, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2006.34.4.040
- Multi-copter : http://cafe.naver.com/multicopter.
- H. S. Oh and S. R. Vadali, "Feedback control and steer-ing laws for spacecraft using single gimbal control moment gyros," The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 183-203, 1991.
- T. R. Parks ECP, "Manual for model 750 control moment gyroscope," ECP, Educational Control Products, 1999.
- PinkWink : http://pinkwink.kr/tag.
- A. Tayebi and S. McGilvray, "Attitude stabilization of a four rotor aerial robot," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 1216-1221, 2004.