- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Ecological Characteristics of Vascular Plants by Habitat Types of Dry Field in Jeolla-do, Korea
전라도 밭경작지의 서식처 유형별 식물상 특성
- Cho, Kwang-Jin (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Myung-Hyun (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Min-Kyeong (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Na, Young-Eun (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Oh, Young-Ju (Institute for Future Environmental Ecology Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choe, Lak-Jung (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 조광진 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 기후변화생태과) ;
- 김명현 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 기후변화생태과) ;
- 김민경 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 기후변화생태과) ;
- 나영은 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 기후변화생태과) ;
- 오영주 ((주)미래환경생태연구소) ;
- 최락중 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 기후변화생태과)
- Received : 2014.04.29
- Accepted : 2014.06.17
- Published : 2014.06.30
BACKGROUND: According to the types of human interference, there are various plants that have strong vitality and ability to breed in the dry field. Recently, climate change alters the geographical distribution and phenology of the plant species. So, we need to understand present occurrence pattern and ecological characteristics of these plants. METHODS AND RESULTS: The plant species data were obtained from 8 regions in Jeolla-do. Flora investigation was done from May 2013 to September 2013. Habitat type of dry field in Jeolla-do was classified into 3 types (inside of dry field: IDF, embankment around the end of a dry field: EDF, levee slope of dry field: LS). The vascular plants of study area were listed 296 taxa which contain 68 families, 203 genera, 244 species, 43 varieties and 9 forms. The vascular plants of three different habitat types were IDF 174 taxa, EDF 249 taxa and LS 136 taxa. The occurrence rate of Therophyte was arranged by the order of IDF(67.6%), EDF(51.9%), LS(54.3%). Naturalized rate was analysed as IDF 27.9%, EDF 21.0%, LS 18.6%. Urbanization index was analysed as IDF 11.8%, EDF 13.7%, LS 10.0%. CONCLUSION: With these results, we found that three habitat types were ecological difference affected by the human impacts. Also, we found environmental indicators through the ecological characteristics of flora for the type of habitat of dry field. These indicators will help assess the agriculture environmental variability and the floral change according to the climate change in dry field.
Dry field;Flora;Human impact;Life form;Naturalized rate;Urbanization Index
Grant : Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development
Supported by : National Academy of Agricultural Science
- Raunkiaer, C., 1934. The life forms of plants and statistical plant geography; being the collected papers of C. Raunkiaer, pp. 1-1,934, Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- Ohkuro, T., Matsuo, K., Nemoto, M., 1996. Vegetation dynamics of abandoned paddy fields and their levee slopes in mountainous regions of central Japan, Japanese J. Ecol. 46, 245-256.
- Park J.E., Lee I.Y., Park, T.S., Im, S.T., Mun, B.C., Kim, C.S., Jo, J.L., O, S.M., Im, I.B., Hwang, J.B., Gu, Y.C., 2003. Occurrence characteristics of weed flora in upland field in Korea, Korean. J. Weed Sci. 23, 277-284.
- Park, S.H., 2009. New illustrations and photographs of naturalized plants of Korea, pp. 1-575, Ilchokak, Korea.
- Ryang, H.S., Chun, J.C., Hwang, I.T., 1984. Change in weed flora with season and cultivated crop and land, Korean. J. Weed Sci. 4, 4-10.
- Song, J.S., 1997. A phytosociological study on the weed communities in the cultivated and abandoned fields of Korea, Korean J. Ecol. 20, 191-200.
- Wilson, J.B., Lee, W.G., 1989. Infiltration invasion, Functional Ecology 3, 379-380.
- Yim, Y.J., Jeon, E.S., 1980. Distribution of naturalized plants in the Korean Peninsula, Korean. Jour. Bot. 23, 69-88.
- Kim, J.W., Lee, Y.K., 2006. Classification and assessment of plant communities, pp. 1-240. Worldscience, Korea.
- Chang, Y.H., Kim, C.S., Youn, K.B., 1990. Weed occurrence in upland crop fields of Korea, Korean J. Weed Sci. 10, 294-304.
Cho, K.J., Oh, Y.J., Kang, K.K., Han, M.S., Na, Y.E., Kim, M., Choe, L.J., Kim, M.H., 2013. Occurrence and distribution of
$C_4$plants under diverse agricultural field types in Korea, Korean J Agric Forest Meteorol. 15, 85-101. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2013.15.2.085
- Kim, J.W., 2004. Vegetation ecology, pp. 1-308, Worldscience, Korea.
- Kim, M.H., Han, M.S., Kang, K.K., Na, Y.E., Bang, H.S, 2011. Effects of climate change on C4 plant list and distribution in South Korea: A Review, Korean J Agric Forest Meteorol. 13, 123-139. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2011.13.3.123
- Korea National Arboretum and The Plant Taxonomic Society of Korea. 2007. A synonymic list of vascular plants in Korea, pp. 1-534, Korea National Arboretum, Korea.
- Lee, Y.M., Park, S.H., Jung, S.Y., Oh, S.H., Yang, J.C., 2011. Study on the current status of naturalized plants in South Korea, Korean J. Pl. Taxon. 41, 87-101.
- Lee, T.B., 2003. Illustrated flora of Korea, pp. 1-1,928, Hyangmunsa, Korea.
- Lee, W.T., 1996a. Standard illustrations of Korean plants, pp. 1-624, Academy Press., Korea.
- Lee, W.T., 1996b. Lineamenta florae Koreae, pp. 1-1,688, Academy Press., Korea.
- Numata, M., 1975. Naturalized plants pp. 1-160, Japanese books, Japan.
- Oh, Y.J., 2006, Phytosociological classification of semi-natural vegetation and environmental assessment of havitat in the agricultural area. doctoral dissertation, pp. 1-152, Kangwon National University, Korea.
- Carroll, C.R., Vandermeer, J.H., Rosset, P.M., 1990. Agroecology, in: Weiner J. (Eds), Plant Population Ecology in agriculture, Mcgraw-Hill Inc., United States of America, p. 235.
- A Study on the Management and Use of Plant Resources in Baekdudaegan Arboretum - Focused on Aboretum Core area, Munsu and Okseok Mountain - vol.18, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2015.18.6.111
- Characteristics of Flora on Dry Field Margins in Korean Peninsula vol.34, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2015.34.2.11
- Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188